Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks remarkably like Andrew, except for the hair of course.

I agree, she looks just like her father. I also def. see alot of a young Queen Victoria there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she looks like her father.
But isn't it kind of insulting to say she looks like Victoria? Wasn't she know for being ugly?

The young Queen Victoria was not ugly but it is not unusual for a descendant to look like their ancestor is it? In my opinion Beatrice looks very much like Queen Victoria, whether you consider that ugly or not is up to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it is said.

I don't really think Victoria was that ugly, its just always something I heard. She must have some really strong genes if it was able to pass to Bea. I also think Bea is cute and has great hair, but most of her pictures aren't flattering.

Anyways, I see you're from Portugal. My dad is from there and so is my mom's dad:)

Well we will have to be friendly and agree that Bea has great hair, but she definitely is not that photogenic. The genes are definitely strong, see if you can get a look at a photo of Infanta Margarita of Spain, pure Queen Victoria.

Pics 12.12.2008

Princess Beatrice returns to her top of the range BMW 123d (with
personalised registration plate) which was parked in St James Square
only 2 minutes walk from her royal residence in St James Palace.
Beatrice spent around 20 minutes shopping in Waterstones, Piccadilly,
before returning to the Palace. London, Britain - 12 Dec 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I was shopping the other day at Topshop in Oxford Circus when I saw Princess Beatrice. It was so surreal...

I was shopping the other day at Topshop in Oxford Circus when I saw Princess Beatrice. It was so surreal...

Did she look better in real life than in her photos?

Is this the downside of being a Princess that entitles her to behave the way she does? Did Mummy or Daddy pay for this?

Ugh. While I respect that her parents have the right to buy for her whatever they want, this is not a good econonmy for a princess to be driving a vehicle such as that. Or is it? What do people, to see second line royalty like Bea party all night and then drive expensive cars or do they want to see some restraint at this time? I'm at a loss. On one hand, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more economically savvy--on the other hand, maybe the BMW was compromise. She was looking at apartments to purchase before deciding to move into the Palace under the watchful eye of Granny. Maybe this was the incentive to not have complete and total freedom? If that is the case, I can't really blame Andrew or Sarah (or whoever bought the car--I don't know who has the read money in that family)--

It's not a new car. She's had it for a couple of years I believe.

Ugh. While I respect that her parents have the right to buy for her whatever they want, this is not a good econonmy for a princess to be driving a vehicle such as that. Or is it? What do people, to see second line royalty like Bea party all night and then drive expensive cars or do they want to see some restraint at this time? I'm at a loss. On one hand, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more economically savvy--on the other hand, maybe the BMW was compromise. She was looking at apartments to purchase before deciding to move into the Palace under the watchful eye of Granny. Maybe this was the incentive to not have complete and total freedom? If that is the case, I can't really blame Andrew or Sarah (or whoever bought the car--I don't know who has the read money in that family)--

As some of you may know, I have never been a fan of the Yorks in general, and Bea in particular. However, I have to say one thing in her defence: she drives a BMW 1 series, this is the smallest (and cheapest) of the BMWs available and only costs about £20,000 - it may seem like a lot of money, but this is what a top of the range VW Golf or a Mini costs here. The BMW 1 series is very popular, and actually, is often drivenm by estate agents. Its really not seen by most Londoners as a "luxury" car. The Audi equivalent is the A3, which Prince Harry and Kate Middleton drive. So on balance, I do not think this is a point to criticise Bea for :)

This is terrible. I hope Max turns up. As a serious pet-lover w dogs of my own I can understand the heartbreak of la lost pet. Maybe he just wandered off and someone found him and is taking care of him. I don't quite understand, tho, why he wasn't wearing his collar. And I thought microchips were implanted in the animal, not a collar, for reasons such as this. I hope no harm has come to him.

If you read what was said it says he has a chip but was not wearing a collar. I hope that she finds him, it is heartbreaking when a pet disappears.
My dog has a chip and always wears a collar but if Max ran away perhaps he slipped out of his collar, with luck someone has him and is looking for his owner.

Well I think Bea is actually really pretty - in pictures and real life, so about the same :)

Did she look better in real life than in her photos?

Ohhhhh!! I like her colouring though....

Here's the flyer for the missing dog - a really cute one:

----> Flyer

Yes. But as any dog-owner can tell you, even terriers tend to stay at their owner's side if they see said owner often enough to form any kind of bonding.
"Windor great park" is the same as any forest: if your dog is bonded, he or she will come back. And if he/she doesn't come back, and is a terrier, it's time to bring in the artillery ASAP, as this means that the poor dog is stuck in a rabbit tunnel.

But I doubt Princess Beatrice is the one to care for the dog day-by-day or knows this!

:previous: Why exactly?
What do you mean by this question? Why I doubt Beatrice is the day-to-day keeper of this dog? Well, I have a son at this age myself.... <sign> And Kiddies are not that interested in taking care of their animals when it comes to the idea of "bonding". IMHO, of course.

Perhaps. I was thinking though that as she has a purse with the dog's picture on it, she might have some strong feelings for it. :flowers:

Perhaps. I was thinking though that as she has a purse with the dog's picture on it, she might have some strong feelings for it. :flowers:

My son has beautiful oics of our dog at his homepage at lokalisten.de, pics he shot himself! and still it's a fight to get him to walk his part of the dog's schedule.... :D Oh, he loves her. She sleeps in his bed. But walking her? Why do kids have a mamma?

Ah yes...a mamma...aka "superwoman.":D

My son has beautiful oics of our dog at his homepage at lokalisten.de, pics he shot himself! and still it's a fight to get him to walk his part of the dog's schedule.... :D Oh, he loves her. She sleeps in his bed. But walking her? Why do kids have a mamma?

Not just kids. My husband would rather do dishes than walk our dogs on a cold winter's morning. :D

My son has beautiful pics of our dog at his homepage at lokalisten.de, pics he shot himself! and still it's a fight to get him to walk his part of the dog's schedule.... :D Oh, he loves her. She sleeps in his bed. But walking her? Why do kids have a mamma?
That is how we acquired most of our pets, abandoned by their loving owners (our children). I can understand to some extent that when they are posted abroad for 6 months or so, we are better than a kennels and more trustworthy than staff.
We have extra horses and ponies to feed and have exercised, extra dogs to feed and walk and then they are hurt when dog A or horse B doesn't come to them immediately!:whistling:

Because of this my daughter has given her animal mad son two pets, one is a tortoise and the other is a snail......The snail has been with them for a month, has a little cage and will only eat iceland lettuce,given other kinds of lettuce he just turns up his ?nose? Does anyone clever here know how long a snail will live before it..... well - kicks the bucket?
By the way guess who looks after and gives these two pets their food etc. yes, you are right, wonderwoman Mummy.

I am the dog walker here and doesn´t my dog know it. But when it is a drive he prefers the big car to my small one and someone else becomes favourite person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom