The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Both Beatrice and Dave Clark, along with her mother the Duchess of York, were at Nick Haslam's party at Parkstead House. (You'll need to scroll to near bottom of the article to see Beatrice and Dave together.)
Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online

There is a video of the party at the Telegraph. Beatrice confessed to wearing a leather jacket for being cold. At least the girl's got some common sense to dress according to the weather. Although I'd think she's got nicer jackets in her wardrobe than a leather one for an evening dress.
Paris Hilton parties with the royals - Telegraph

Old 10-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today on Hola on line there is this nice pic of Beatrice, taken on her first day at Goldsmith's College, on September 25 2008.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

For once Princess Beatrice really looks nice, very natural. A lovely photo.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

That was taken by Tim Graham. The Royals seem to be quite relaxed around him. And, yes, it's a really nice picture of Beatrice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Today on Hola on line there is this nice pic of Beatrice, taken on her first day at Goldsmith's College, on September 25 2008.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 25.10.2008

Beatrice and Dave at "The Bloodlust Ball" Trinity Church, Marylebone,
London, England 25th October 2008 - the event explains their strange
make-up

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

There is an official website: BloodLust Ball
Old 10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

I totally agree with you Elspeth. The young royals need to step up and start doing some royal engagements. Definitely William and Harry have gotten a little better. But Beatrice and Eugenie need to do something as well. And yes, I do realize that they do a few events with their mother, but perhaps they need to attend opening or do a walkout about with the Queen, Prince Phillip or even their father. Once a quarter...once a month should do it should do it until they finish university.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting--Beatrice actually looks good in semi-goth get-up. I wouldn't recommend it for class, though. And Dave has a different expression on his face, too.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics and links, Ice & Incas. I actually think Pss B look pretty good! Maybe the Vampire look is Her look.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Re: Bloodlust Ball Photos and article.

Courtesy of the Daily Mail.

Is this debauched Hallowe'en party really suitable for a young royal, Beatrice? | Mail Online
Old 10-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

To be fair, did Beatrice really know that the party was going to be that bad?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
To be fair, did Beatrice really know that the party was going to be that bad?
"BloodLust Ball" what on earth did Princess Beatrice think that title meant? Perhaps she should be getting on with her English Studies if she didnīt.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Naturally we've only seen the "outrageous" pics, but none of Beatrice & Dave doing anything outrageous.

It's nothing new for Royals to attend parties where there have been unseemly goings-on; what's new is for us to see photos of it happening.

I think Beatrice looks good, and I hope they both had an enjoyable time.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

To me, it sounds like the name of a Hallowe'en party, nothing more. I heartily dislike Hallowe'en, by the way, with its emphasis on death and evil; and I've have preferred that Beatrice stays home and studies more than she seems to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
"BloodLust Ball" what on earth did Princess Beatrice think that title meant? Perhaps she should be getting on with her English Studies if she didnīt.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I donīt like Halloween either but there are lots of people who do. I had to laugh at this comment

[quote from the Daily Mail comments] I know I'll get bashed for this but why does Beatrice always look like a startled squirrel? I've never seen a picture of her with her mouth shut.
- Kate, San [quote]

Poor Beatrice, a startled Goth squirrel. Actually she doesnīt look that bad, well when you see the photos of the other guests she looks very good indeed.....
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought she and the boyfriend looked rather tame but the company they keep (couple of questionable girls there with their bits and pieces poking out) will come back to haunt them.

(Oh, I just realized that was rather a bad pun. . . . )
Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I thought she and the boyfriend looked rather tame but the company they keep (couple of questionable girls there with their bits and pieces poking out) will come back to haunt them.

(Oh, I just realized that was rather a bad pun. . . . )
Compared to the other outfits, Beatrice was dressed in a very subdued manner! As for those bits and pieces, the pictures will come back to haunt them... Whoooooo

There is nothing evil associated with Halloween, apart from perhaps the film industry and those that buy into it. I detest Trick or Treating, an import for some in the UK. The true meaning of Halloween seems to have been lost for many!
Quote:
The origins of Hallowe'en date back over 2000 years to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in).This festival, which means the end of summer, celebrated the end of harvest and the beginning of the Celtic new year on November 1st
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...alloween.shtml
Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

There goes their political careers!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
There goes their political careers!
They will just join the civil service!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
This is a lovely photo. It is too bad that we don't see more like this on a regular basis. I do understand that there is nothing sordid or dramatic about this, so it won't be worth as much money; however, I think this photo is a refreshing change.

Tags
princess beatrice