The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha View Post
Hopefully, the dog wasn't taken and had a chip inserted by some terrorist organization. Just a thought.
How very James Bond. But in this day and age I wouldn't doubt anything.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
How very James Bond. But in this day and age I wouldn't doubt anything.
Well, I am certain the dog will be thoroughly checked, inside out so to say. Any chip would be detected, don't you think?

Besides the Sun says:
“Apart from looking a little dishevelled he is fine.”
It is thought Max, who had lost 3½lb, got stuck down a rabbit hole.

Not wearing a collar might have saved his life for he could not get stuck at the roots.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice doesn't seem to be having a good few weeks! But I think she only has herself to blame for this one...

Princess Beatrice's prized BMW stolen | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Commoner

That's really....dumb!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe leaving the keys in the ignition was not the brightest idea.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what the chances are that her car has a tracking device?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

Bummer. But wait, 15,000 in British pounds for that car? Doesn't that come to like $35,000 in US dollars (someone correct my exchange). What?! For that honking sedan that's all it cost? I'd think a BMW like that would fetch about $80,000 in US dollars. Are they cheaper Across the Pond or something? Wow! You can barely get a decent Toyota Camry for $35K.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Commoner

I don't think her BMW is one of the best model. I think that price sounds about right.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

I cannot believe she left her keys in the car--but, I guess that is what happens when one spends too much time partying and killing brain cells and not enough time in class. It's sad because it (rightly so) contributes to that public image of her being a ditzy party girl.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The pub owner said she didn´t look very worried, I suppose that is because there are plenty more where that came from......
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
The pub owner said she didn´t look very worried, I suppose that is because there are plenty more where that came from......
Well, lets wait what kind of stuff she had left in the car: I wouldn't wonder if it had bags with photos or a laptop or something like that in it that will turn up eventually. Plus I wonder where they found a shop where you can park legally in front off....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t think we are going to hear much about the ilegal parking....and I think if there are any criminals thinking of having a spree this would be a good time to have it, probably every policeman in England is looking for her BMW, (and her bodyguard is probably looking for a new position, even though it was probably not his fault, she probably parked and jumped out and he had to do the same). It does make one think what was in the car, losing things seems to be an inherited trait.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

The price of that BMW is incredibly cheap.15000 pounds is about $25000 US.Even for the lowest series BMW which I beleive is the 3 series you'd be hard pressed to get it for less than $40000 in Canada and a little bit less in the States.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
The price of that BMW is incredibly cheap.15000 pounds is about $25000 US.Even for the lowest series BMW which I beleive is the 3 series you'd be hard pressed to get it for less than $40000 in Canada and a little bit less in the States.
Here in Portugal the cheapest BMW of the same model is $36,750 US but depending on the model it can go up to almost twice that....
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Bummer. But wait, 15,000 in British pounds for that car? Doesn't that come to like $35,000 in US dollars (someone correct my exchange). What?! For that honking sedan that's all it cost? I'd think a BMW like that would fetch about $80,000 in US dollars. Are they cheaper Across the Pond or something? Wow! You can barely get a decent Toyota Camry for $35K.
£15,000 is for a basic BMW series 1, with extras the price goes up to £228,415, all that without the personalised number plate.

If she did leave the keys in, that invalidates the insurance, at least she won't have to pay any fine for illegal parking!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
£15,000 is for a basic BMW series 1, with extras the price goes up to £228,415, all that without the personalised number plate.

If she did leave the keys in, that invalidates the insurance, at least she won't have to pay any fine for illegal parking!
If she had a personalised number plate it would make tracking it a bit easier. The papers said the key was left in it so no insurance Oh dear
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Oh Bea! Princess's unlocked BMW stolen after she left keys in the ignition while out shopping | Mail Online

Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Courtier

If I open my car door and if the keys are still in the ignition, I get a loud beeping noise to alert me - and - I drive a Ford!
I cannot believe that a Beemer doesn't have that safety option.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

The real issue here is the protection officer; the last figure I read was that her protection costs about 250,000 pounds a year--but if he lets her keep her keys in the ignition like that (as well as illegally parking) and the car gets stolen, well, is he doing his job to the best of his ability? If I were a taxpayer in GB I'd be pretty irritated about this.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
If I open my car door and if the keys are still in the ignition, I get a loud beeping noise to alert me - and - I drive a Ford!
I cannot believe that a Beemer doesn't have that safety option.
I have a Ford, a Buick, and a VW and they all beep when I leave the keys in or the lights on. A beemer should have that option as well!

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice