Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't she photographed walking into her first classes- is that where she was going? If so, there is no way she was twenty minutes late and no one mentioned it at the time.

It was mentioned in the link and one of her classmates is quoted....but then it is a newspaper story, but as she was late to enrol because of a night out the night before and that was the previous week, it is not actually a surprising story.

Her lateness could very well be because her security detail have to iron out the new schedule and protocols. Maybe we should just wait and see what kind of student she actually turns out to be before judging her performance.

Her lateness could very well be because her security detail have to iron out the new schedule and protocols. Maybe we should just wait and see what kind of student she actually turns out to be before judging her performance.

That's a wise idea - to give her a bit more time to adjust. But OTOH I've never heard that the prince of Wales was late because his security had not been able to do their pre-checks in time... And Beatrice does have professional bodyguards from the Royal Protection Unit?

Pics 2.10.2008

Princess Beatrice leaving Volstead nightclub. London, England - 02.10.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Beatrice with her partner Dave Clark and Princess Eugenie with James Brown
attend James Brown's birthday party to celebrate his 39th birthday and 1st year
anniversary of his haircare range, at Volsted on October 1, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
I wonder if that meant another late night. It is a birthday party but as she has been reported (newspapers again, but they are watching out for these things it seems) to have had at least another in the same week and with her first lectures and her having arrived late already, t doesn´t paint her in a very responsible light.

Thank you, Iceflower for providing these pics. :flowers:

I think Beatrice looks very tired in the second pic, even though she tried to camouflage the dark shades under her eyes with make-up. She should try to get more sleep, IMHO. How long does it take to travel from St. James' Palace to her university? Does she have a chauffeur-driven car or has to drive herself? Because having to battle London traffic in addition to attending lectures, doing your homework and go out partying night after night surely takes its toll... :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me more about the boyfriend, Dave Clark?

Thanks for the pics and the links, Ice. I'm getting tired just reading about all her partying.

Wow...she is taking a lot of heat. Some of it is deserved though, I mean what did she expect?

Oh lets face it, why shouldn't she not party all the time? Unless she physically leaves uni she'll get her degree no matter whether she works hard or not. The Royals never fail at any challenge they take up such as driving tests, degrees, military courses etc. nor are they ever denied entry into any estasblishment that takes their fancy. Prince Harry, for example, got into Sandhurst with qualifications that were way below what the college normally accepts and the same with Princes Charles and Edward when they got into Cambridge. IMO if money talks in this world then being Royal practically shouts from the rooftops.

I couldn´t agree more Angela. Princess Beatrice probably realises this so she is having her cake and eating it too.
The papers are mentioning bags under her eyes though, so perhaps she should party a little less for her health´s sake.

I couldn´t agree more Angela. Princess Beatrice probably realises this so she is having her cake and eating it too.
The papers are mentioning bags under her eyes though, so perhaps she should party a little less for her health´s sake.

I am no big fan of the Yorks, in general, and certainly of the way these girls seem to have been conducting themselves. In my mind they are living the lives of C list celebs. IMO Bea has absolutely no excuse for turning up late for lessons, and be seen out partying late for so many nights in the very first weeks of college, and that to not with her fellow students.

That said, I do believe these girls are very young and do need some time to develop as indiviuals before the press start to hound them, and I guess, we all start to express our opinions. Like it or not, the Press is on a witch hunt, and are just waiting for these girls to trip up!

I bet it's Sarah behind all this. She is really trying to launch her daughters into international high Society. I don't think it was a coincidence that Sarah and Eugenie showed up at the Maja Flick née Countess Schönburg-Glauchau - bash in Bavaria together with the Michaels of Kent. Bavaria/Austria ist Princess Michael's turf, she is one of them and introduced IMHO Eugenie to suitable noblemen or mega-richs from the Flick-background. IMHO because Sarah hopes to marry Eugenie off well. Maybe even to Gloria's son, the Thurn & Taxis-heir, for he is recognized as equal to the Royals. While beatrice is encouraged to become a part of the London scene of nobility and money heirs, in case she leaves her boyfriend. :D

I guess I should get used to the fact that most probably both Eugenie and Beatrice will marry well and become part of the High Society, not caring and therefore hard-working princesses like their aunt Anne but rather fluffy individuals with titles.

I think you have got it right Jo. The Thurn und Taxis heir would really be a catch but aren´t they Catholics? Then so was Christine ,so they could probably work something out.
I can also see both girls married to millionaires. If they have inherited their mother´s tendency to spend they will need to be. Sarah has managed to pay off her debts so I commend her for that but if she hadn´t overspent in the first place the problem wouldn´t have arisen.

I agree with every word you and Jo said on this topic. I don't think it will work though. Thurn & Taxis certainly not, they are not only Catholics as you stated Mena but hardcore-Catholics. Gloria is all over the place with her controversial statements on AIDS, contraception etc and the heir, Albert, might be some kind of a wild child (car racing etc) but ultraconservative at the same time (Gloria not wanting her children to lose their virginity before marriage is just one example). No way he would team up with one of the York sisters. If there is too much Sarah in them they must be careful not to end up with some Philippe Junot type of man, a rich trickster.

I am a university student myself and know that a good night out is part of it but personally I don't like seeing the York girls out nearly every night of the week. There aren't enough good role models for young people our age nowadays. In the eyes of many the royal family are representatives for the country, and here is the next generation at party after party. Late to the first day of uni, way to go and make a good impression!
The tax payers are paying money towards protection for them and what are they giving back to the country? Proving that its a good time for those born into a priviledged background. Not an example I plan to follow I'm afraid. Sorry for the rant!:flowers:

I agree with every word you and Jo said on this topic. I don't think it will work though. Thurn & Taxis certainly not, they are not only Catholics as you stated Mena but hardcore-Catholics. Gloria is all over the place with her controversial statements on AIDS, contraception etc and the heir, Albert, might be some kind of a wild child (car racing etc) but ultraconservative at the same time (Gloria not wanting her children to lose their virginity before marriage is just one example). No way he would team up with one of the York sisters. If there is too much Sarah in them they must be careful not to end up with some Philippe Junot type of man, a rich trickster.

I don't see it either even though Albert has campaigned for the use of condoms in public lately which is an idea his mother abhors, so he might have his own ideas on other topics as well. But I am convinced Sarah is trying very hard to push her daughters towards meeting the right men and maybe she realised that you don't meet those who will meet the queen's or Charles' standard at pop star parties but at the real High Society and nobility balls and bashes. I personally doubt that Sarah has been invited for herself but that Princess Michael made it possible - she is IIRC a relative of Gloria and Maja or hares at least relatives with the Thurn & Taxis.

We'll see what happens next... :D

Actually Duke I was thinking of the Yorks adapting to the Thurn und Taxis but the young prince doesn´t sound as though he would. I don´t believe for a moment that he would marry anyone who wasn´t a catholic and who didn´t have a similar background to his.
Sarah certainly didn´t do her daughters many favours with her lifestyle even though she seems to have settled down lately.
The two girls are royal princesses and I am sure there are some very rich young men who would be delighted to fall in love with them.....:D

they just look like little girls . playing at being adults, think they should just chill out with there friends in stead of going to everything single thing shop opening or what ever they are invited too.

If I were a British taxpayer I wouldn't be too thrilled to see my $$$ going towards security for these two. I understand they're young and that's fine to go out w friends and all that (even show up late for a class or two) but enough is enough.

Oh, almost forgot ~ thanks, Ice, for the pics!!! Pss B & E are like night and day when it comes to their looks. They're both quite attractive in their own way but no way do they look like sisters.

I agree, while Eugene looks more classy her sister is a trashy disaster, fashion wise.

I also think it is a pity this girls are out all the time, criticism will come soon, and I am afraid they are too young to handle it. I agree with Jo, this seems like something Sarah would do... But I wonder, where is Andrew???. Isn't he his father too... shouldm't he know better than if his daughters appear on the papers clubbing and partying it will only damage their image.? That they are princesss not TV series stars?

I would personally like to see them behaving a little bit more like their cousin Zara

Sarah should recognize that it is very hard to keep up a full social schedule and a full-time degree program. But it's true neither girl has really exhibited much to admire...but it took Harry some time too.

but that Princess Michael made it possible - she is IIRC a relative of Gloria and Maja or hares at least relatives with the Thurn & Taxis.
Well Jo, isn't Marie Christine blood related to ALL the noble houses. . . . :rolleyes:

:D

The Queen is said to have remarked once that Princess Michael was too royal for the BRF :rolleyes:
More than a little irony there I think......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom