The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
It is not as though Princess Beatrice doesnīt know that the photographers are waiting to get a picture like this. She definitely looked under the weather but there is something else there, I feel that for some reason they have taken a dislike to her. When they like someone they usually donīt print this kind of photo. Perhaps they are getting bored waiting outside night clubs with heavy cameras and are starting to find her a little futile.
There is one way she can avoid this kind of photo opportunity, fewer nights out in public places even perhaps a splash of cold water on her face before leaving and making sure she leaves when she is still able to make a dignified exit.
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: somewhere, Netherlands
Posts: 378
A bit of visible charity work wouldn't be half bad either.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Well, than that says a lot about the present young generation doesn't it??
I think in every generation the "young folk" have gone out and met up w friends and partied - tho the term "party" changes every 100 years or so. In my parents' day - the early 1960s - they went out w friends (they were in college, ever more reason) and had a good time. Same w my grandparents' generation. I don't think 19 y/olds are doing anything that much different than their parents did. It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.
__________________
  #24  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:45 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 3,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Well, than that says a lot about the present young generation doesn't it??
When you are 18/19 you are allowed to act like an airhead . . . . it goes with the territory!

But, and this is a biggie, if she is still acting like this (or like Kate) at 26/27, we would definitely be in trouble.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #25  
Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.
Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.
__________________
  #26  
Old 06-30-2008, 04:56 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
A bit of visible charity work wouldn't be half bad either.
Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue
Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.
Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.
__________________
  #27  
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.
Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.
Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.
__________________
  #28  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.
Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.
__________________
  #29  
Old 07-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
While their mother has stayed away from Royal occasions since she divorced the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are to be given significant roles within "the Firm".

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie to take on more royal charity work - Telegraph
__________________
  #30  
Old 07-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.
Sarah tends to always let the cat out of the bag. . .
__________________
  #31  
Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,098
Pics 6.7.2008

Princess Beatrice of York with some friends in
Saint-Tropez, France, July 6, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #32  
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Although I am not exactly an admirer of Princess Beatrice these are the nicest photos I have seen of her for ages. She looks very pretty in white.
__________________
  #33  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Thanks again, Ice! However, I have to disagree w you, Menarue. I don't think these photos are flattering to Beatrice at all. I think alot of it has to do w what she's wearing. I don't understand someone who's supposedly so interested in fashion consistently screwing up when it comes to dressing herself. White babydoll dresses do not work well on someone w B's body type. In that 3rd photo I think she looks enormous.

Also, what was she doing in ST? Another va-cay? When does that charity work begin? I think this girl needs some positive spin before she gets a bad rep that'll be hard to shake.
__________________
  #34  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
I was trying to find something nice to say Bella as I really havenīt anything else to say about the young lady. I think she leads a very futile life but I think it is not all her fault.......I thought she looked nice in white but if she is going to enter the world of fashion it will have to be a paid way. She has absolutely no taste at the moment....
__________________
  #35  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I was trying to find something nice to say Bella as I really havenīt anything else to say about the young lady. I think she leads a very futile life but I think it is not all her fault.......I thought she looked nice in white but if she is going to enter the world of fashion it will have to be a paid way. She has absolutely no taste at the moment....
Everyone should be more like you (trying to find something nice to say)
__________________
  #36  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,352

Her friends look happy.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #37  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Everyone should be more like you (trying to find something nice to say)
It certainly looks sunny! The pattern on her friends dress is pretty, as are the swimsuit/bikini straps we can see!
__________________
  #38  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
The streets look very clean..... That poster behind them looks attractive.
__________________
  #39  
Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Ah, you're all very funny.
__________________
  #40  
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
jaynecman's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WREXHAM, United Kingdom
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Although I am not exactly an admirer of Princess Beatrice these are the nicest photos I have seen of her for ages. She looks very pretty in white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks again, Ice! However, I have to disagree w you, Menarue. I don't think these photos are flattering to Beatrice at all. I think alot of it has to do w what she's wearing. I don't understand someone who's supposedly so interested in fashion consistently screwing up when it comes to dressing herself. White babydoll dresses do not work well on someone w B's body type. In that 3rd photo I think she looks enormous.
i agree with you menura she looks good in white bella be thankfull it isnt a frilly baby doll dress
__________________

__________________
mae hen wlad fy nhadau.
croeso y cymru,
sosban fawr sosban bach
Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Beatrice of York 12: October 2008-October 2009 Warren Current Events Archive 623 10-01-2009 03:45 AM
Princess Eugenie of York 4: June-October 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 241 10-30-2008 12:21 AM
Princess Beatrice of York 10: May-June 2008 Elspeth Current Events Archive 202 06-18-2008 09:20 AM
Princess Eugenie of York 3: March 2007-June 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 221 06-18-2008 09:11 AM
Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 9: 29 November 2007-30 April 2008 Avalon Current Events Archive 205 04-30-2008 06:47 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]