The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
AFAIK the girls live with their father at Royal Lodge in Windsor and sarah has an appartment in NYC. But she said on the media presentation of her TV-documentary "The Duchess in Hull" that she likes to relocate back to Britain.
Thanks so much Jo of Palatin! Wow, it must be so hard for Sarah to live that far away from her daughers I can imagine she would want to relocate back. The girls must be quite close to their father then!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Sarah actually has a house in Britain quite close to Royal Lodge--it's called Dolphin House. Beatrice and Eugenie apparently stay here from time to time too, when Sarah's in Britain.

At one time I thought Sarah had her own rooms at Royal Lodge, then I read this: the Mail online. It's by Richard Kay and says Sarah isn't allowed to stay overnight. I really don't know if it's true, but that's what's claimed.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Sarah actually has a house in Britain quite close to Royal Lodge--it's called Dolphin House. Beatrice and Eugenie apparently stay here from time to time too, when Sarah's in Britain.

At one time I thought Sarah had her own rooms at Royal Lodge, then I read this: the Mail online. It's by Richard Kay and says Sarah isn't allowed to stay overnight. I really don't know if it's true, but that's what's claimed.
I think the Mail on Sunday had articles about what the ex of Beatrice told them about life at Royal Lodge and there the Mail claimed that she has her own bedroom in Royal Lodge... Typically Mail information, I guess.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post

Was it not the Mail that informed us that Sarah would be staying at Andrews rent free while her burned out home was refurbished? I think mr kay might have it wrong.... again.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Was it not the Mail that informed us that Sarah would be staying at Andrews rent free while her burned out home was refurbished?
Who else but the Mail....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Courtier

There are some inconsistencies, aren't there? Thanks for pointing them out. I read both stories and honestly didn't put two and two together.

To be fair to the Daily Mail, though (whether or not it needs it) the story about the tiara in the bedroom mentioned that Paolo wasn't sure whether or not Sarah had ever even spent the night in the room. He seemed to think it was more Andrew's shrine to Sarah, than for Sarah's use.

Which is odd enough in itself, I know.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Odd to say the least.

I for one think it is much more sensible for Bea to live at St. James' than to purchase her own. It gives her independence but she's still not able to be wild. Good solution. in my opinion. I hope that Sarah is able to visit her there--this business about her not being allowed to spend evenings with her daughters is really awful.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I read the description of the apartment and it mentions nothing about a kitchen. Does it have one? Or will she have meals in?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I read the description of the apartment and it mentions nothing about a kitchen. Does it have one? Or will she have meals in?
We are British, kitchens have no importance!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quite right, we have Marks & Spencers!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite right, we have Marks & Spencers!
surely if she`s going to be living in st James` palace surley the palace kitchens would cook for her
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynecman View Post
surely if she`s going to be living in st James` palace surley the palace kitchens would cook for her
According to what Andrew told Meredith Vieira, that's no great privilege (at least if you want something hot to eat).
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Why don't they make kitchens? It's less expensive then having the main kitchen do it and it's a lot of fun. Our BeatrixFan could give PB lessons!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Nobility

In praise of Beatrice (sort of).

In praise of Princess Bea's style - even the butterfly hat | Fashion and style | Life and Health

Cat
Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
I agree. I may not share Pss B's taste in fashion and totally feel alot of her clothing choices are not flattering to her figure, but at least she's herself and not following some fashion trend like a lemming. As for the butterfly hat . . . I wouldn't be seen dead in it. Sorry.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I agree. I may not share Pss B's taste in fashion and totally feel alot of her clothing choices are not flattering to her figure, but at least she's herself and not following some fashion trend like a lemming. As for the butterfly hat . . . I wouldn't be seen dead in it. Sorry.
Maybe she has learned a thing about the media: once they talk about your hats, they don't talk about your weight.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Courtier

i really think it was really brave of her to not jus try to hide after all that has been happening..she is a true trooper!! yea..the dress was nice, but the hat???..no comment..it wasnt awful but i guess she was just thinking about what went with her dress
Old 05-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think that Beatrice has true spunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
i really think it was really brave of her to not jus try to hide after all that has been happening..she is a true trooper!! yea..the dress was nice, but the hat???..no comment..it wasnt awful but i guess she was just thinking about what went with her dress
Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes, I think that Beatrice has true spunk.
I have never heard this word used to describe a young woman.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Courtier

I liked the hat she wore, but I also liked that one Sarah Jessica Parker wore to her British premier. I'm not a big hat person and I don't get why they are so necessary at events in England but when people do an interesting twist on them...it's cool.

Tags
princess beatrice