The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

yes she was born in 1988.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Angry

If she was my daugther she woud not be allowed to wear that kinde of dress.
I donīt care if she is 16 she woud not be allowed to show so mutch of her bosom. I donīt understand why her mother are not advising her to be more subdued in the clothes she is wearing.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
If she was my daugther she woud not be allowed to wear that kinde of dress.
I donīt care if she is 16 she woud not be allowed to show so mutch of her bosom. I donīt understand why her mother are not advising her to be more subdued in the clothes she is wearing.
While the dress did have a low cut neckline, it's the style for girls today. If Beatrice stepped out wearing some highnecked, stuffy outfit she would have been slammed with critisisms about how "old fashioned" she is. In my opinion things could have been worse. As most dresses for young girls today, which also have low bust lines, also have high hem lines...
Old 01-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
While the dress did have a low cut neckline, it's the style for girls today. If Beatrice stepped out wearing some highnecked, stuffy outfit she would have been slammed with critisisms about how "old fashioned" she is. In my opinion things could have been worse. As most dresses for young girls today, which also have low bust lines, also have high hem lines...
Well if you had a daugther and she was 16 woud you say that it was ok that she woud wear the same kind of dress like the one that Princess Beatrice is wearing?

I have seen alot of dresses that are more likely for a 16 year old girl to wear.
I donīt think that Princess Beatrice is a woman but only a girl.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Well if you had a daugther and she was 16 woud you say that it was ok that she woud wear the same kind of dress like the one that Princess Beatrice is wearing?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&stc=1&thumb=1

I have seen alot of dresses that are more likely for a 16 year old girl to wear.
I donīt think that Princess Beatrice is a woman but only a girl.
I would. I am 21, my younger sister 16, and we are both very much into fashion and clothes. I like the dress Beatrice wore, and although I think some better tailoring could have been done to make the dress fit better in some locations I don't see anything wrong with the dress. There are some clothes out there (like many of the outfits worn by Paris Hilton and Lil' Kim to "red carpet" events) that I wouldn't dream of wearing-that are extremely revealing and inappropriate. However if something makes you feel sexy, or pretty, or beautiful, etc, I think there is no reason you should not wear it out (obviosly within reason-going out naked or in a nightie or bra and panties isn't exactly acceptable!)

If the dress had been tailored better and fit better in the bosom I don't think there would be complaint. I will agree that Sarah should have noticed the dress was ill fit in the bust and should have said something. What I don't think is that Beatrice should be criticised for wearing a dress she obviously liked...as it is a gorgeous dress and she did look nice that evening.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

I would let my daughter wear a dress like that too, I don't see what's wrong with it, yes, it's really feminine but personally I love to wear really femine clothes, they make you feel beautiful I think
I didn't like the colors though, it was a bit to christmas like (green and red) for me but hey it was just before christmas
Old 04-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Courtier

Beatrice in Cahrles and Camilla's wedding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Princess Beatrice opted for Prada.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	123723  
Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness

She could have been dressed worse, that's for sure.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

I actually liked Beatrice's ensemble and felt it was appropriate. Beatrice was definitely dressed better than Zara, Eugenie, and Sara Buys at the wedding. Beatrice looked like a pretty 16 year old in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
I actually liked Beatrice's ensemble and felt it was appropriate. Beatrice was definitely dressed better than Zara, Eugenie, and Sara Buys at the wedding. Beatrice looked like a pretty 16 year old in my opinion.
I agree. I actually liked what she wore. I don't know what the dress looks like underneath the coat as I haven't seen a picture of it, but she looked very appropriate at the wedding. The headpiece I think she could of done without, but the outfit was nice.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

I liked the outfit itslef but I don't really think it flattered her well.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Nobility

Beatrice is looking so grown up!

I think she's developing a good style, and I like her choice of hats. However, sometimes I think she dresses a little too old for her age.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Nobility

i think Beatrice is at that difficult in-between stage...too old to dress like a child and yet too young to carry off things that someone a few years older could. She always looks great but somehow i feel the clothes she wears are a little too grown-up for her.

oops, Nichola...have just realised that i've almost posted the same thing as you! Sorry!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i think Beatrice is at that difficult in-between stage...too old to dress like a child and yet too young to carry off things that someone a few years older could.
Beatrice looks well turned out most of the time. And is blossoming very well. But I do agree with this quote. She is going through what many girls her age are experiencing during their in between years.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Nobility

Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits were a bit dull and didn't seem to co-ordinate. I don't think that in Beatrice's case a red dress with a brown coat (that's also shorter than the dress) and silver/grey shoes match at all. But then Eugenie with her white hat, blue coat, dress with a lime green stripe and purple shoes was much worse (her coat was also too short for the dress).
Old 04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits were a bit dull and didn't seem to co-ordinate. I don't think that in Beatrice's case a red dress with a brown coat (that's also shorter than the dress) and silver/grey shoes match at all. But then Eugenie with her white hat, blue coat, dress with a lime green stripe and purple shoes was much worse (her coat was also too short for the dress).
I don't think there was anything wrong with their outfits being on the dull side. It was the civil wedding and church blessing of their uncle. It was not a wild party for one of their friends. I think both girls were properly dressed for the occasion whatever you think of their separate outfits.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Commoner

Where did you see the dress it didn't have a lime green stripe did it? you could only see the very end of the dress and that was gold??????
I thought eugenie looked very nice and so did beatrice
Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The shoes Beatrice wore to the wedding was real cute!!! ^___^ I think her coat was abit to...dominating? you really couldn't see much of the dress she was wearing...nonetheless she was still one of the best dressed :) definitely much better than Zara's dress while it was unique just too wacky
Old 04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Nobility

When I said dull I meant the colours.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Personally, I think the dress could have been much higher at the front, but other than that, the colour suited her and she looked nice.
I agree. I like the dress but I think it could have looked better with it higher in the front.

Tags
princess beatrice