Princess Beatrice of York News and Pictures 2: August 2004-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was my daugther she woud not be allowed to wear that kinde of dress.
I don´t care if she is 16 she woud not be allowed to show so mutch of her bosom. I don´t understand why her mother are not advising her to be more subdued in the clothes she is wearing.:mad:

H.M. Margrethe said:
If she was my daugther she woud not be allowed to wear that kinde of dress.
I don´t care if she is 16 she woud not be allowed to show so mutch of her bosom. I don´t understand why her mother are not advising her to be more subdued in the clothes she is wearing.:mad:
While the dress did have a low cut neckline, it's the style for girls today. If Beatrice stepped out wearing some highnecked, stuffy outfit she would have been slammed with critisisms about how "old fashioned" she is. In my opinion things could have been worse. As most dresses for young girls today, which also have low bust lines, also have high hem lines...

Britters said:
While the dress did have a low cut neckline, it's the style for girls today. If Beatrice stepped out wearing some highnecked, stuffy outfit she would have been slammed with critisisms about how "old fashioned" she is. In my opinion things could have been worse. As most dresses for young girls today, which also have low bust lines, also have high hem lines...
Well if you had a daugther and she was 16 woud you say that it was ok that she woud wear the same kind of dress like the one that Princess Beatrice is wearing?

I have seen alot of dresses that are more likely for a 16 year old girl to wear.
I don´t think that Princess Beatrice is a woman but only a girl.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Well if you had a daugther and she was 16 woud you say that it was ok that she woud wear the same kind of dress like the one that Princess Beatrice is wearing?
[url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69380&stc=1&thumb=1"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69380&stc=1&thumb=1[/url]

I have seen alot of dresses that are more likely for a 16 year old girl to wear.
I don´t think that Princess Beatrice is a woman but only a girl.
I would. I am 21, my younger sister 16, and we are both very much into fashion and clothes. I like the dress Beatrice wore, and although I think some better tailoring could have been done to make the dress fit better in some locations I don't see anything wrong with the dress. There are some clothes out there (like many of the outfits worn by Paris Hilton and Lil' Kim to "red carpet" events) that I wouldn't dream of wearing-that are extremely revealing and inappropriate. However if something makes you feel sexy, or pretty, or beautiful, etc, I think there is no reason you should not wear it out (obviosly within reason-going out naked or in a nightie or bra and panties isn't exactly acceptable!)

If the dress had been tailored better and fit better in the bosom I don't think there would be complaint. I will agree that Sarah should have noticed the dress was ill fit in the bust and should have said something. What I don't think is that Beatrice should be criticised for wearing a dress she obviously liked...as it is a gorgeous dress and she did look nice that evening.

I would let my daughter wear a dress like that too, I don't see what's wrong with it, yes, it's really feminine but personally I love to wear really femine clothes, they make you feel beautiful I think
I didn't like the colors though, it was a bit to christmas like (green and red) for me but hey it was just before christmas

Beatrice in Cahrles and Camilla's wedding

Attachments

• Princess Beatrice opted for Prada.jpg
    Princess Beatrice opted for Prada.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 997
I actually liked Beatrice's ensemble and felt it was appropriate. Beatrice was definitely dressed better than Zara, Eugenie, and Sara Buys at the wedding. Beatrice looked like a pretty 16 year old in my opinion.

machievelli said:
I actually liked Beatrice's ensemble and felt it was appropriate. Beatrice was definitely dressed better than Zara, Eugenie, and Sara Buys at the wedding. Beatrice looked like a pretty 16 year old in my opinion.

I agree. I actually liked what she wore. I don't know what the dress looks like underneath the coat as I haven't seen a picture of it, but she looked very appropriate at the wedding. The headpiece I think she could of done without, but the outfit was nice.

I liked the outfit itslef but I don't really think it flattered her well.

Beatrice is looking so grown up!

I think she's developing a good style, and I like her choice of hats. However, sometimes I think she dresses a little too old for her age.

i think Beatrice is at that difficult in-between stage...too old to dress like a child and yet too young to carry off things that someone a few years older could. She always looks great but somehow i feel the clothes she wears are a little too grown-up for her.

oops, Nichola...have just realised that i've almost posted the same thing as you! Sorry!

Last edited:
i think Beatrice is at that difficult in-between stage...too old to dress like a child and yet too young to carry off things that someone a few years older could.

Beatrice looks well turned out most of the time. And is blossoming very well. But I do agree with this quote. She is going through what many girls her age are experiencing during their in between years.

Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits were a bit dull and didn't seem to co-ordinate. I don't think that in Beatrice's case a red dress with a brown coat (that's also shorter than the dress) and silver/grey shoes match at all. But then Eugenie with her white hat, blue coat, dress with a lime green stripe and purple shoes was much worse (her coat was also too short for the dress).

james said:
Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits were a bit dull and didn't seem to co-ordinate. I don't think that in Beatrice's case a red dress with a brown coat (that's also shorter than the dress) and silver/grey shoes match at all. But then Eugenie with her white hat, blue coat, dress with a lime green stripe and purple shoes was much worse (her coat was also too short for the dress).

I don't think there was anything wrong with their outfits being on the dull side. It was the civil wedding and church blessing of their uncle. It was not a wild party for one of their friends. I think both girls were properly dressed for the occasion whatever you think of their separate outfits.

Where did you see the dress it didn't have a lime green stripe did it? you could only see the very end of the dress and that was gold??????
I thought eugenie looked very nice and so did beatrice

The shoes Beatrice wore to the wedding was real cute!!! ^___^ I think her coat was abit to...dominating? you really couldn't see much of the dress she was wearing...nonetheless she was still one of the best dressed :) definitely much better than Zara's dress while it was unique just too wacky

When I said dull I meant the colours.

Danielle said:
Personally, I think the dress could have been much higher at the front, but other than that, the colour suited her and she looked nice.

I agree. I like the dress but I think it could have looked better with it higher in the front.

Hey did Beatrice turn 17 recently...i'm not sure but i think she did...well if she did did she have a party or anything? what has Bea been up to lately? :)

A poignant and very unusual photo of Princess Diana carrying Beatrice on her back.

Last edited:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]ROYAL SISTERS TO HONOUR QUEEN MOTHER [/size][/font]

British royals PRINCESS BEATRICE and PRINCESS EUGENIE are being confirmed in the late QUEEN ELIZABETH, THE QUEEN MOTHER's favourite chapel, in honour of her memory.

The two teenage daughters of SARAH FERGUSON, DUCHESS OF YORK and PRINCE ANDREW will receive confirmation from the DEAN OF WINDSOR, THE RIGHT REVEREND DAVID CONNER - the priest who said the final prayers for their much-loved great grandmother moments before her death (MAR02).

The ceremony will take place at the Royal Family's All Saints chapel in Windsor, England, next month (JUN05), and despite speculation that the ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY would be the first choice, Prince Andrew was determined to pay tribute to the deceased matriarch by recruiting Conner.

A friend of Prince Andrew says, "All Saints is the parish church for Royal Lodge, which used to be the Queen Mother's home and is where Andrew now lives."

from hellomagazine.com...

Beatrics Turns Cover Girl to Mark 17th Birthday

Prince Andrew's attractive elder daughter has turned glossy magazine cover girl to mark her birthday. Princess Beatrice, who celebrates her 17th in August, has just been photographed for the cover of UK society mag Tatler.

Styling for the shoot, which took place in a studio in Fulham, was overseen by the renowned Isabella Blow, while the fledgling model's sister, Eugenie, and mum Sarah also came along to lend their support.

The Duchess of York has recently made headlines with a high-profile modelling assignment of her own, appearing wrapped in just a swath of lace for a coffee table book published in aid of charity

Attachments

• beatrice-dop1a.jpg
    beatrice-dop1a.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 299
Thanks for the updated news on Beatrice. I think it is very honorable that she and her sister will honor the Queen Mother during their confirmation. And I look forward to seeing the cover of Tatler and the pix. I hope it works out for her and doesn't cause problems down the line with the media and paparazzi. Thanks.

I think it's quite a dangerous road for Beatrice to go down. Appearing on the cover of a glossy is like inviting the paps in so to speak. Also it didn't do her cousin, Zara Phillipos any good when she appeared in Hello. Mnay people critized her for it. The only way she got away with it was that shes a private person - no HRH so no responsibility. Beatrice is different and she should remember that, like her parents should have when they sold intimate pictures of her and her sister to Hello when they were babies.

I'll be very curious to see what the photos (and I'm assuming article) is like. Any ideas on what the Queen and the rest of the royal family think of this?

I'm so happy for Beatrice! I think it must be every teenager's dream to be on the cover of a magazine like Tatler.
I don't think it will make to paparazzi coming after her. She's a princess, she's bound to get attention from the paparazzi; You can already see that there's a growing interest in pics of her... and besides, she's been on hello! and other magazines all her life, don't see what a Tatler cover would change.
i don't think the family will mind as long as the pictures are nice and she has enough clothes on ;)
i so can't wait to see those pics:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom