The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: -, United Kingdom
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryborednow
looked pre recorded though
I thought it was live , but maybe you're right.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 07-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Great photos, Purple and Johann. That was quick. I'm sure more will be coming as the day goes on.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 07-16-2006, 01:36 PM
*Eugenie*'s Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Germany
Posts: 71
thanks for the pics. i hope that there weill be more,...
does anybdoy know how the paty went?
__________________
  #44  
Old 07-16-2006, 02:01 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

article about the party
__________________
  #45  
Old 07-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Den Haag, Netherlands
Posts: 520
I think they all looked amazing especially Eugenie. I love her outfit
__________________
  #46  
Old 07-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
Well since Phillip wouldn't go it figures the Queen wouldn't attend. It seems a shame though if that's the reason Phillip couldn't put his feelings aside for his granddaughter. But hopefully the Queen will celebrate with Beatrice on her actual birthday. :(
__________________
  #47  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 778
Well if it was so important to have the Queen for Bea's «coming of age» party and knowing that Prince Philip woud not attend and therefore neither the Queen then maybe the socialite-wannabe Sarah should have stayed home. She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.
__________________
  #48  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: -, United Kingdom
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.
What do you mean?
__________________
  #49  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:55 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Well if it was so important to have the Queen for Bea's «coming of age» party and knowing that Prince Philip woud not attend and therefore neither the Queen then maybe the socialite-wannabe Sarah should have stayed home. She just proved that HER little person is more important to her than her daughter's.
I doubt if any daughter who is close to her mother would chose to have her cantakerous old grandfather at her 18th birthday party and leave her mother at home.

Now I say that as a person who generally likes Prince Philip but expecting the mother of the birthday girl to stay home to spare Prince Philip's feelings is a bit much to ask.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #50  
Old 07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Well, I must admit that I for one am shocked about the missing members of the RF. I was convinced up 'til the end that HM and Prince Philip would attend as would the POW and his family. I guess all those "rumours" were true. I really can't understand how Prince Philip couldn't overlook Fergie on this occasion. I mean, with 500 there, he really wouldn't have had to have socialized with her. And that HM went along and avoided the party is just too strange. I can see the POW and Camilla maybe avoiding it (though as Beatrice's uncle, you'd think he'd have at least gone for the dinner). But Wm and Harry???? What's with that? Even as someone pointed out, they were photographed at a polo match with their respective girlfriends that afternoon. Why couldn't they have gone to the party (again, at least for the dinner) that evening? I don't get it. And I thought my family was weird.
__________________
  #51  
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,532
What else is new? Prince Philip is an old, dried-up, useless prune, whose ego would not allow himself to go to this party for not wanting to be in the same room as the Duchess of York. The past is the past, 14 years now....GET OVER IT!!!! She has proved herself with the saying "With age comes wisdom." I commend her and Prince Andrew on the way they have raised their daughters...unlike a certain Prince of Wales who should have paid closer attention to his sons after Diana died instead of going right back to his self-absorbed self.

Memo to Queen: This is 2006, tell your husband to shut-up, act like a REAL man, get in the car and go to his granddaughter's birthday.

Pity William and Harry care more for their hormones and their common girlfriends than their first cousin's 18th birthday.
__________________
  #52  
Old 07-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,211
I tend to agree with most the comments (IF true...Phillip should get over his issues with Sarah as she is Beatrice's Mum, I don't understand why her cousins couldn't attend, Uncle Charles..she came to your wedding you can't come to her birthday party) and while this is (was) an important occassion its not the actual day..so hopefully they will do something in a family way on the 8th.

I disagree with the comment that Sarah should have stayed home....its her KID...everyone should have been adult enough to get over their issues to celebrate Beatrice's Coming of Age.
__________________
.

  #53  
Old 07-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,717
The most important person on this day was Beatrice, and her family should have behaved like caring, mature adults and risen above their own feelings about Sarah for Beatrice's sake.

If Philip's intransigence stopped the Queen from going, I am disappointed in her; if she really wanted to go she should have gone by herself and left the grumpy old man at home on his own. She didn't have to stay long. Since she seems to have insisted the party be held at her home, I think it's very strange that she didn't put in an appearance. Of course if she didn't want to go for some reason (other than that Sarah would be there - which is not a legitimate excuse, IMO) different thing. I have no idea why Charles & Camilla weren't there. They might deserve a rap on the knuckles too, but I don't think their absence matters as much. I am, however, very surprised the boys didn't make the effort because we all know they certainly like partying! Not that it's really any of my business, but I would like an explanation as to why they weren't there. Zara was at the same polo match they were at and she managed to get there.

The girls looked lovely, as did Sarah. I hope Beatrice had a thoroughly enjoyable night and has many wonderful memories of the occasion.
__________________
  #54  
Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Memo to Queen: This is 2006, tell your husband to shut-up, act like a REAL man, get in the car and go to his granddaughter's birthday.

Pity William and Harry care more for their hormones and their common girlfriends than their first cousin's 18th birthday.
HaHa!!!!! This is great! I couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________
  #55  
Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 200
As has been said, this was NOT her birthday- it was her birthday party. I know that's what you guys meant, but I don't think everyone's keeping it in mind. Yes, this party was big- but I think if Beatrice REALLY wanted them there, they would have gone. And looking in saying, 'This was a great big party with so many people' does not mean it was her family party (which we know it wasn't). For my next big birthday, if I have a big 'gala' that I start planning over half a year in advance (which is a possibility), I can tell you that I won't care if my cousins or grandparents come, and we just don't know enough to say, 'Well, Beatrice does!' I also think people are turning this into a Fergie vs Philip thing for no reason. We do not know why he didn't go. Just because Fergie was there, that does not mean it is the reason.

Also, which papers said the Queen insisted it would be held at Windsor? I have seen it written that she offered to have it there (although I don't have the sources pulled up at the moment) and am curious to see which papers are saying she 'insisted' so. (Also, keep in mind, the size and the security as well as logistics may have been what put it at Windsor. I think people are reading way, way more into this than can be reasonably proven.)

Edited to add: I am not saying that I think my opinions are necessarily correct or what is being said is necessarily incorrect; just that there is not enough to base it on (because this type of event in Beatrice's life is unprecedented I don't count family relations at base events as proof).
__________________
  #56  
Old 07-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Lady Bluffton's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bluffton, United States
Posts: 348
Some news report said the Queen made a "last minute" decision because she didn't think she'd enjoy a night with teenagers or some such nonsense.

I think there's more to it than that. Why can't families be more cohesive? It was a cool costume party for goodness sakes!

Why couldn't HM show up behind a mask and not have herself announced at all???
__________________
  #57  
Old 07-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,905
Apart from the fact that the Queen herself might not enjoy a ball, full of teenagers, it may also be that she didn't want to spoil it for Beatrice. Can you imagine having fun when THE QUEEN is right there? And she would surely be recognized, even behind a mask.
I am sure Her Majesty has congratulated Beatrice and wished her a very Happy Birthday and told her how much she loves her, but was it neccessar to do all this at the party? It could be a phone call or a private visit. And, it was not exactly Bea's birthday, it was a party, so why should the 8o years old woman be present there?
As for the whole Philip-Sarah thing, personally I don't believe in it. It's just too far-fetched. However Philip or the Queen disliked Sarah, they would be present at the party, if Bea really wanted or needed that.
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #58  
Old 07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colcord, United States
Posts: 2
eugenie looks so cute both the girls did.
__________________
  #59  
Old 07-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Lynn Yates
eugenie looks so cute both the girls did.
I agree, Heidi. Both girls looked great. I hope we get to see more photos of them.
__________________
  #60  
Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,332
I agree with you Heidi Lynn Yates, they are really beautiful. They've grown up so much.
Anyway, thank you For picture johann! I believe, we will see more pictures.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Beatrice News and Pictures 3: Aug 2005-July 2006 Josefine Current Events Archive 202 07-07-2006 02:59 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005 norwegianne Current Events Archive 451 09-12-2005 10:58 AM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 4 : March 2004 - Oct.2004 vanyste Current Events Archive 113 10-11-2004 12:37 AM
Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - July 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 150 07-06-2004 06:57 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]