The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Yes, I remember reading a book years ago that mentioned this. It was pointing out that although Princesses had been seen wearing the family order as children ie the Queen and Princess Margaret at their father's Coronation and Princess Alexandra at the Queen's Coronation when she was 15, Anne was photographed in tiara but not the Order till she was 18.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Yes, I remember reading a book years ago that mentioned this. It was pointing out that although Princesses had been seen wearing the family order as children ie the Queen and Princess Margaret at their father's Coronation and Princess Alexandra at the Queen's Coronation when she was 15, Anne was photographed in tiara but not the Order till she was 18.
Yes, thanks. I have found some references that indicate that she received it at age 18, but not until about 6 months after her 18th birthday.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

It is a nice idea for Beatrice's 18th birthday celebrations to have a Jane Austen theme. I read in one of the posts that it is to be held at Windsor Castle for her birthday in August. Is this party being given by the Queen? I thought that she hosts a huge party when her grandchildren turn 21. She has done this for her first 3 grandchildren. I am wrong in this. Or is this something special for Beatrice for her 18th and not her 21st birthday instead.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
It is a nice idea for Beatrice's 18th birthday celebrations to have a Jane Austen theme. I read in one of the posts that it is to be held at Windsor Castle for her birthday in August. Is this party being given by the Queen? I thought that she hosts a huge party when her grandchildren turn 21. She has done this for her first 3 grandchildren. I am wrong in this. Or is this something special for Beatrice for her 18th and not her 21st birthday instead.
You can find the answer here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1766

"The Royals traditionally wait until their 21st birthdays for a major celebration. But because of Beatrice's unusual birthdate - she was born at 8.18pm on 8/8/1988 - her family has agreed to an 18th celebration instead."
Old 02-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York with her daughter Princess Beatrice arriving at the China Tang Restaurant
London, England- 23.02.06
(from wenn photos)

Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

from brunopress

Sarah Ferguson enjoy's a night out at the China Tang Restaurant with daughter Beatrice and Prince Andrew.
Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, London.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

more from brunopress

ps. where is Eugenie?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Ariel for answering my question. I have read that astrologers say Beatrice's birthdate is a lucky because of the number of 8's in it. I guess then it is fitting that something special is done for her 18th birthday. I would love to be a fly on a wall to see who the royals come dressed as. That would be a real hoot. Thanks again for the answer.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thank you very much for posting the pics, purple! Great job as always :)
Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes thanks a whole bunch!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

i have important news! its exclusive news you would read it but you wont believe that story

Bea's given me a chance
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article//0,,...090160,00.html
Old 02-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, they've kept that one under wraps. Twenty-Five! He's quite a bit older than her, but I guess if he makes her happy, that is all that counts! Wonder what the Queen thinks of his past?!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24022006/36...socialite.html

Princess Beatrice dating American socialite

Princess Beatrice is dating her first serious boyfriend - an American socialite who once faced manslaughter charges following a drunken brawl.
Beatrice - who is the daughter of Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, Duchess Of York - has been spending time with New Yorker Paulo Liuzzo for several months, and went public with their romance during a recent skiing trip to Switzerland.
Liuzzo, 24, stood accused of manslaughter following the death of student Johnathan Duchatellier in 2004, but he avoided prison after making a guilty plea on lesser charges.
Liuzzo has been open and honest about his past with the 17-year-old princess and her family, according to a royal source.
The insider says, "Paulo and Beatrice are very close. He went on holiday with Andrew and Sarah... He is very honest about what happened to him and he knows that nothing he will ever do will make up for it."
Old 02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, I'm a little surprised by the age difference but hey, if they're happy, good for them both! I, like Beck, am also curious as to what the Queen thinks as well as what does the rest of her family thinks? I guess we'll never really know.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

The fight that Beatrice's new boyfriend was involved in and convicted of the death of another student in, happened near the College of the Holy Cross, near my hometown of Boston. It was a big story when it occurred, mostly because Holy Cross is a very good school and nothing like that has ever happened before. Now, the local news is reporting that Liuzzo may have broken his probation by going skiing with Beatrice.

Here's the story:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...21/detail.html
Old 03-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Courtier

I wonder how he broke the news to Beatrice and her family tht he was a murder..i imagine her parent would be very shocked and her grandparent wont aprove
Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
I wonder how he broke the news to Beatrice and her family tht he was a murder..i imagine her parent would be very shocked and her grandparent wont aprove
To be fair, he's not technically a murder. He plead guilty to manslaughter...which if I'm correct (and I could be wrong) means it was involuntary. Still not good, but not premeditated or anything of the sort... It would be an tough conversation to hold with a significant others family...let alone the British Royal Family!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

Eugenie's Boyfriend?

the story that recently appeared in the news regarding Eugenie's boyfriend mentions that he's 23 years old. Don't some of you find it strange that a 23 year old is dating a 17 year old?
Old 03-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
the story that recently appeared in the news regarding Eugenie's boyfriend mentions that he's 23 years old. Don't some of you find it strange that a 23 year old is dating a 17 year old?
Eugenie's Boyfriend???
Old 03-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Courtier

The Queen Mother must be spinning in her grave.

Tags
princess beatrice