The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

From Scotsman,
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4714569
Prince William to tackle Lions and All Blacks
Prince William will dabble in Maori culture and cheer on the British and Irish Lions rugby team during a 10-day visit to New Zealand.

He will train with the British Lions on tour next week and is also scheduled to meet their New Zealand rivals, the All Blacks, during his stay.

Rugby-loving William will watch two test matches on the visit, his second to New Zealand. He last visited as a nine-month-old with his mother, the late Princess Diana, and father Prince Charles.

Announcing the short visit, New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark said it would combine “his enthusiasm for the rugby tour with some public engagements”.

During the visit, he will mark the 60th anniversary of the end of the Second World War by meeting veterans and laying wreaths at the National War Memorial in Wellington on Sunday, July 3, and at the Cenotaph in Auckland on July 10.

William will also stay on a farm and visit a “marae,” or sacred Maori tribal centre to learn about Maori culture.

William, who graduates from St. Andrews University this week, arrives in Wellington on June 30.

“Prince William is a popular and engaging young man and his visit will attract a lot of interest,” Clark said.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Nobility

it's past midnight here. so
Happy Birthday to Prince William!

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

HELLO MAGAZINE ARTICLES

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...amillawilliam/

20 JUNE 2005

Onlookers were left in little doubt about the fondness Prince William has developed for his new stepmother after he warmly embraced her at the weekend. The 22-year-old kissed Camilla on both cheeks after he and his father competed in a charity polo match in Gloucestershire.

It was the first time the second in line had given such an open display of affection in the full view of photographers. He and his brother Harry both kissed her when she married their father on April 9, but on that occasion they were inside the walls of Windsor Castle.

The Duchess of Cornwall was handing out the prizes when the Highgrove team took on the home side at Cirencester Park Polo Club on Saturday. At the end of play the royal side lost 5-4 to their hosts, despite a late goal from the Prince of Wales. The fixture was a great success in familial terms, though, because £25,000 was raised for the National Osteoporosis Society, of which Camilla is president.

William's display of warmth towards his father's new wife was just further evidence of how well the family is getting on. Last weekend the two rode together in an open-top carriage during the Trooping of the Colour parade and next week the Duchess will be in attendance for her stepson's graduation from St Andrews University.

Prince William steps forward and embraces his stepmother after the match at Cirencester Park. He and his father were competing on the Highgrove team in an event staged to raise money for the National Osteoporosis Society
Photo: © Alphapress.com
Click on photos to enlarge

Wills and Camilla appear to have developed a warm relationship. The Duchess is also due to attend his graduation ceremony at St Andrews next week
Photo: © Alphapress.com
Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

mirror newspaper articles

ON THE MARCH
PRINCE William got a top pass in his first Army entrance exam.

Although no official announcement has been made, William, 23 on Tuesday, now looks certain to join brother Harry in the armed forces.

Clarence House said: "Prince William achieved the top result - a category one pass. He has taken the first step to a place at Sandhurst."
Old 06-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good grief, poor Harry. First William outshines him at school and now he's come to Sandhurst to do likewise. It's a pity one of them couldn't have gone into the Air Force or something.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Good grief, poor Harry. First William outshines him at school and now he's come to Sandhurst to do likewise. It's a pity one of them couldn't have gone into the Air Force or something.
I agree... it is so hard to live in your sibling's shadow and to top it off to do it in front of the whole World.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I agree... it is so hard to live in your sibling's shadow and to top it off to do it in front of the whole World.
I feel really bad for Harry. I think it's great that Will's going to Sandhurst, but at the same time having your sibling there (at least to me) would make it seem almost competitive, or some sort of competition...that must be incredibly hard especially, like you said, in front of the whole world.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

I just realized that by now it's well after midnight in England, so...

Happy Birthday Prince William!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William on Point de vue Cover
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdvcouv11904.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	161674   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdvcouv14501.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	161675  
Old 06-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

SUN NEWSPAPER

He's heir & looking bare
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005280369,00.html

Sara Boyce
Old 06-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

ROYAL ARCHIVE
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=878&Itemid=2
Kiwi Delights Awaiting 'Excited' William on Lions trip to New Zealand Written by Angelina Monday, 20 June 2005 Prince William will come face to face with the All Blacks when he visits New Zealand, it was announced today.

The second in line to the throne, who is joining the British Lions on tour next week, will fly to meet their fearsome Kiwi rivals in Auckland during his stay.

William, who celebrates his 23rd birthday tomorrow, spoke of his excitement ahead of his travels.

He is also planning to visit Queenstown, the self-styled outdoor adventure capital on the south island where bungy jumping, canyon swinging, river surfing, white-water rafting and skiing are all on offer.

The Prince said: "I am really excited about going to New Zealand.

"As a huge rugby fan, I cannot think of a better place to watch what will hopefully be a hard-fought and exciting Test series.

"But I am also very much looking forward to meeting people outside of rugby and enjoying some of the breathtaking scenery for which New Zealand is so justly renowned."

Two days of his week-and-a-half long trip will be spent privately.

Clarence House said William would use this time to enjoy "the outdoor pursuits for which New Zealand is well-known".

William will also stay privately on a farm and visit a "marae" - a sacred Maori tribal home - to learn about New Zealand culture.

Visitors entering a marae are greeted with a welcoming ritual - a pressing of noses and symbolic exchange of breath known as the hongi.

In New Zealand, William will carry out his first solo public engagement, signalling a shift in his role within the royal family.

On behalf of the Queen, he will mark the 60th anniversary of the end of Second World War by meeting veterans and laying a wreath at the National War Memorial in Wellington on Sunday July 3 and at the Cenotaph in Auckland on VE/VJ Day, Sunday July 10.

William paid tribute to New Zealand's courageous former soldiers ahead of the events, saying: "It will be a privilege and honour to meet some Second World War veterans, whose bravery our generation must never forget."

William, who graduates from St Andrews this week, arrives in Wellington on June 30.

The country's media is already predicting that more people will turn out to catch a glimpse of William during his stay than gathered to see his father, the Prince of Wales, on his official tour earlier this year.

Even Prime Minister Helen Clark seems enamoured with the young royal.

"Prince William is a popular and engaging young man and his visit will attract a lot of interest," she has declared.

As well as taking part in training sessions with the Lions and watching the second and third tests against the All Blacks, William will visit a primary school in Arrowtown near Queenstown and open a water polo competition near Auckland.

William, who is travelling without girlfriend Kate Middleton, was invited to support the British Lions tour by coach Sir Clive Woodward.

This will not be the first time William has visited the Pacific Ocean islands.

Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, broke with precedent by taking him on a royal tour of Australia and New Zealand when he was just nine-months-old.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

ROYAL ARCHIVE

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=874&Itemid=2

William passes first hurdle to Sandhurst with flying colours Written by Angelina Sunday, 19 June 2005 Prince William passed his first test to become an officer in the Armed Forces with flying colours, royal officials said yesterday.

The Prince, who is 23 on Tuesday, got a "Category 1" pass in his pre-RCB examination last Tuesday.

It is the first step to getting a place at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where his brother Harry is currently training.

However, Clarence House said Prince William - who graduates from St Andrews University on Thursday - has not made a final decision about his career.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Gentry

great article

they are so cute !!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kate et Will 00.gif
Views:	147
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	161682  
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy birthday with all the best wishes to Prince William.And a new age with more happiness come to him.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Nobility

i don't agree with the outshining thing. i think they love each other very much, they want to have more time together that's why Wills is joining Harry. and now they can support and help each other at college. i'd love to be around my sister/brother often. but....as i have no siblings, maybe i just don't know how it is to be with a bro/sister all the time

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Kate and William look very happy and comfortable with one another...they are absolutetly adoreable!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Birtheday Boy Wills rev up for Summer

Prince William and his father Charles have both been indulging in a bit of high-octane fun. Wills, who turns 23 today, arrived at Cirencester Park Polo Club on a powerful motorcycle, while the heir to the throne made his entrance, along with new wife Camilla, in a classic Aston Martin convertible.

The birthday boy's passion for motorcycles has raised a few eyebrows in royal circles, but he is obviously taking care to avoid any unnecessary risks. The royal biker was cruising along at a leisurely pace, despite the fact his Daytona 600 can accelerate as fast as a Ferrari, and he was wearing a protective jacket, gloves and boots.

William will be donning rather more conservative attire on Thursday when he graduates from St Andrews University, though. The second in line will be sporting a black graduation gown with a traditional black and cherry hood as he receives his degree from the institution's chancellor Sir Kenneth Dover.

And his summer looks set to get off to a storming start because he jets out to New Zealand next week to join the British Lions rugby team. The trip will also see him carrying out his first solo engagements, as he represents the Queen at memorial services in Wellington and Auckland.

"As a huge rugby fan, I cannot think of a better place to watch what will hopefully be a hard-fought and exciting Test series," said the Prince. "But I am also very much looking forward to meeting people outside of rugby and enjoying some of the breathtaking scenery for which New Zealand is so justly renowned."

From Hellomagazine.com
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Gentry

From Hellomagazine today

"Prince William and his father Charles have both been indulging in a bit of high-octane fun. Wills, who turns 23 today, arrived at Cirencester Park Polo Club on a powerful motorcycle, while the heir to the throne made his entrance, along with new wife Camilla, in a classic Aston Martin convertible.

The birthday boy's passion for motorcycles has raised a few eyebrows in royal circles, but he is obviously taking care to avoid any unnecessary risks. The royal biker was cruising along at a leisurely pace, despite the fact his Daytona 600 can accelerate as fast as a Ferrari, and he was wearing a protective jacket, gloves and boots.

William will be donning rather more conservative attire on Thursday when he graduates from St Andrews University, though. The second in line will be sporting a black graduation gown with a traditional black and cherry hood as he receives his degree from the institution's chancellor Sir Kenneth Dover.

And his summer looks set to get off to a storming start because he jets out to New Zealand next week to join the British Lions rugby team. The trip will also see him carrying out his first solo engagements, as he represents the Queen at memorial services in Wellington and Auckland.

"As a huge rugby fan, I cannot think of a better place to watch what will hopefully be a hard-fought and exciting Test series," said the Prince. "But I am also very much looking forward to meeting people outside of rugby and enjoying some of the breathtaking scenery for which New Zealand is so justly renowned."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	willscharles-dop1a.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	161759  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

New pics from the charming prince.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.JPG