Prince William Current Events 2: December 2003-August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something somewhere else, don't remember where, that The Sun newspaper has been banned from press calls involving William and Harry for the time being. I guess that is their punishment for publishing the pictures. They do deserve it. Even though the gossip freak that I am, I had been curious to see what she looked like. :blush:

I don't know, I'm more amused at calling the girl his "first" girlfriend. He's what, 20? Rich, royal, goodlooking.. I'm sure he's had girlfriends before, this is just the first one that got caught :)

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 1st, 2004 - 9:28 pm
I don't know, I'm more amused at calling the girl his "first" girlfriend. He's what, 20? Rich, royal, goodlooking.. I'm sure he's had girlfriends before, this is just the first one that got caught :)
LOL! I couldn't agree more...it is kinda ridulous calling her his first girlfriend. I almost feel embarassed for Prince Willam...now the whole world will think he has never had a girlfriend before. That said, I think the press is making too big of a deal out this. Yes, I myself was interested to see pictures of her. However, I think speculating that she will be queen is silly. It has been said before, and I for one believe it--that Prince William will marry a British aristocrat, perhaps a Lady or Honerable who is part of the upper crust and very well connected.

http://www.hellomagazine.com

19 APRIL 2004
Royal heart-throb Prince William made his international water polo debut at the weekend, taking to the pool for the Scottish national universities side at a competition in Cardiff, Wales.

The 21-year-old Prince was greeted with high-pitched screams from the crowds as he showed off his athletic skills in the annual Celtic Nations tournament. Although fans of the pin-up were taken with his 6ft 3in physique, shown off thanks to a tiny pair of swimming trunks, Wills' fellow players were more focused on his water polo training.

Prince Charles' elder son, who is the captain of the water polo team at St Andrews University, "gave as good as he got", commented Welsh captain Oliver Newcombe. "We didn't single him out for any special treatment. Water polo is a hard sport to play."

However, not everyone was impressed with the Prince, who arrived wearing a worn-in pair of jeans and trainers. "I think he could do with a new pair of shoes or jeans or something," said 75-year-old onlooker Jo Morgan.

And despite Prince William's efforts, a victory was not on the cards. The Scottish national side was met with defeat, losing 14-7 to the Irish squad.

will-dop1a.jpg

will-dop2a.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk

WILLS SCARED LIFE OUT OF US WITH SHOTGUN BLASTS IN THE NIGHT Apr 17 2004

Exclusive Artist plans court action over lost cat

By Bob Dow

ANGRY cat-owner Jeshiera Art told last night how she found a gun-toting Prince William outside her home. She claimed she ran from the remote cottage to confront a shooting party and was stunned to see her pet cat caught in a spotlight as shots were fired.

Terrified ginger tom cat Dream disappeared in the incident on Wednesday night and artist Jeshiera, known to her friends as Jazz, has not seen him since.

Last night, she claimed the shooting outside her home had been 'like a war zone'.

And she was even more shocked when she recognised one of the party as William.

Last night, she accused the prince, who was in a LandRover driven by royal gamekeeper Robbie Elliot, of blasting off his gun near her front door.

Jeshiera said: 'It had gone 11 when there was this huge bang.

'It was like a war going on out there. The dogs were going crazy. There was a lamp hining on the house.'

She added: 'I opened the front door and I couldn't believe that the LandRover was just outside.

'They were shining a lamp on my cat. I couldn't believe it. I shouted at them, 'That's my cat.' And there were a couple of shots.

'The last time I saw my cat, it was still standing. Where it is now, I have no idea.'

Crime She added she had reported the prince and Elliot to Grampian Police, who investigated and decided there had been no crime.

But she says she will take the matter further, even it means a private prosecution. She is meeting her lawyers again next week.

The 34-year-old added: 'My lawyers say there is enough for breach of the peace and reckless discharge of a firearm. I want to press charges against Prince William and Robbie Elliot. Even it is Prince William, so what?

'I don't want an apology, I want my cat back.'

Last night, Buckingham Palace admitted the prince who will represent Scotland at the British universities water polo tourney in Cardiff today had been on the shooting trip but denied any cat had been shot.

The late-night expeditions are 'lamping' trips in which a 1000watt light is shone on rabbits, dazzling them and allowing a gunman to shoot them.

Jeshiera and the friend who shares the cottage, Rick Anderson, 42, said the incident was not their first clash with the royals.

Rick, a sculptor, said he had previously found the same gamekeeper with William and his brother Harry outside his home at Strathgirnoc, Crathie, close to the royal residences at Birkhall and Balmoral.

He said after Wednesday's incident, he confronted Elliot and the prince 20 yards from the front door.

He added: 'I stopped at the bottom of the track when I went down to check the horses were OK. I said to Robbie Elliot, 'Do you realise what havoc you have caused up there?' 'He said, 'Come on, we are just doing our job'. Prince William was sitting next to him not saying a bloody word.'

He added: ' It was dark but there is no doubt it was the prince and he was wearing a head warmer.

'The prince just sat there with his head down. That was just the same as last year when both princes were there and they kept quiet like naughty schoolboys.'

Searching The pair have spent the last two days searching the countryside for their two-year-old pet.

Jeshiera said she heard shots and saw a gun pointed out of the Land-Rover's passenger window. Both she and Rick said Elliot was driving, with William in the passenger seat.

Police were contacted the following morning, Jeshiera said.

She added: 'When I spoke to the police they said, 'Well, with who Robbie was with last night I don't think he would be shooting cats.' Robbie Elliot came up the next morning and said he didn't want enemies around here.

'I told him if I find my cat with a bullet in it, I am taking this all the way . It's disgusting they think they can shoot at anything that moves. ' A Record reporter visited the scene yesterday and recovered a .310 gun cartridge and a .308 brass bullet shell Rick rents the farmhouse from Abergeldie estate. Balmoral has sporting rights for Abergeldie and keepers are allowed to shoot on it and keep down pests.

A police spokesman said: 'We received a complaint about shooting near a house. The complaint was investigated and no crime detected.'

A palace spokeswoman said: 'The gamekeeper was conducting pest control.

'As soon as he realised he was disturbing a neighbour, he stopped. He is aware of the neighbour's concern about her missing cat. However,there is absolutely no evidence that a cat was killed.'

She added: 'William accompanied the gamekeeper during the shoot.'

Originally posted by Josefine@Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:29 am
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk

WILLS SCARED LIFE OUT OF US WITH SHOTGUN BLASTS IN THE NIGHT Apr 17 2004

Exclusive Artist plans court action over lost cat

By Bob Dow

ANGRY cat-owner Jeshiera Art told last night how she found a gun-toting Prince William outside her home. She claimed she ran from the remote cottage to confront a shooting party and was stunned to see her pet cat caught in a spotlight as shots were fired.

Terrified ginger tom cat Dream disappeared in the incident on Wednesday night and artist Jeshiera, known to her friends as Jazz, has not seen him since.

Last night, she claimed the shooting outside her home had been 'like a war zone'.

And she was even more shocked when she recognised one of the party as William.

Last night, she accused the prince, who was in a LandRover driven by royal gamekeeper Robbie Elliot, of blasting off his gun near her front door.

Jeshiera said: 'It had gone 11 when there was this huge bang.

'It was like a war going on out there. The dogs were going crazy. There was a lamp hining on the house.'

She added: 'I opened the front door and I couldn't believe that the LandRover was just outside.

'They were shining a lamp on my cat. I couldn't believe it. I shouted at them, 'That's my cat.' And there were a couple of shots.

'The last time I saw my cat, it was still standing. Where it is now, I have no idea.'

Crime She added she had reported the prince and Elliot to Grampian Police, who investigated and decided there had been no crime.

But she says she will take the matter further, even it means a private prosecution. She is meeting her lawyers again next week.

The 34-year-old added: 'My lawyers say there is enough for breach of the peace and reckless discharge of a firearm. I want to press charges against Prince William and Robbie Elliot. Even it is Prince William, so what?

'I don't want an apology, I want my cat back.'

Last night, Buckingham Palace admitted the prince who will represent Scotland at the British universities water polo tourney in Cardiff today had been on the shooting trip but denied any cat had been shot.

The late-night expeditions are 'lamping' trips in which a 1000watt light is shone on rabbits, dazzling them and allowing a gunman to shoot them.

Jeshiera and the friend who shares the cottage, Rick Anderson, 42, said the incident was not their first clash with the royals.

Rick, a sculptor, said he had previously found the same gamekeeper with William and his brother Harry outside his home at Strathgirnoc, Crathie, close to the royal residences at Birkhall and Balmoral.

He said after Wednesday's incident, he confronted Elliot and the prince 20 yards from the front door.

He added: 'I stopped at the bottom of the track when I went down to check the horses were OK. I said to Robbie Elliot, 'Do you realise what havoc you have caused up there?' 'He said, 'Come on, we are just doing our job'. Prince William was sitting next to him not saying a bloody word.'

He added: ' It was dark but there is no doubt it was the prince and he was wearing a head warmer.

'The prince just sat there with his head down. That was just the same as last year when both princes were there and they kept quiet like naughty schoolboys.'

Searching The pair have spent the last two days searching the countryside for their two-year-old pet.

Jeshiera said she heard shots and saw a gun pointed out of the Land-Rover's passenger window. Both she and Rick said Elliot was driving, with William in the passenger seat.

Police were contacted the following morning, Jeshiera said.

She added: 'When I spoke to the police they said, 'Well, with who Robbie was with last night I don't think he would be shooting cats.' Robbie Elliot came up the next morning and said he didn't want enemies around here.

'I told him if I find my cat with a bullet in it, I am taking this all the way . It's disgusting they think they can shoot at anything that moves. ' A Record reporter visited the scene yesterday and recovered a .310 gun cartridge and a .308 brass bullet shell Rick rents the farmhouse from Abergeldie estate. Balmoral has sporting rights for Abergeldie and keepers are allowed to shoot on it and keep down pests.

A police spokesman said: 'We received a complaint about shooting near a house. The complaint was investigated and no crime detected.'

A palace spokeswoman said: 'The gamekeeper was conducting pest control.

'As soon as he realised he was disturbing a neighbour, he stopped. He is aware of the neighbour's concern about her missing cat. However,there is absolutely no evidence that a cat was killed.'

She added: 'William accompanied the gamekeeper during the shoot.'
that *****!

this articles that aint right! you know woman wanted cat back but its too late! but cant against that Royals! include Prince William! he Royals! she toobad! she would be crybaby for sure! I knew that articles im not kidding!

please leave out of this for Prince William please respect him! he not meant!

Sara Boyce

*Expletive edited by Administrator.*

Didn't know quite where to post this but I have a quick question: Where is Kate Middleton from? I thought that since she met William at the University in Scotland that is was Scottish, however, I read recently that she was born in Louisville, KY USA.......is this true? :blink:

Ok, i am confuse......... is a theard just dedicate to pics and is pics in this to. Well i found this 2 in Corbis, he is very sweet. I like that he is with the grils. His very nice from is part talkng with the people that wait for him.

Prince William Visits Wales for Water Polo Competition
Prince William visits Cardiff to compete in a water polo championship after he was selected to compete for the Scotland Universities team against Wales and England. The Prince wears a Team New Zealand America's Cup 2003 jacket

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-678862....6-f5eec58557d4}

Prince William Visits Wales for Water Polo Competition
Prince William on a visit to Cardiff to compete in a water polo championship. The Prince has been selected to compete in the Scotland Universities team against Wales and England. A group of young girls wait to greet him and ask for autographs.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-678876....8-2f5891fb7d90}

I was checking out the new issue of Hello in Borders Books, it says that HRH is not dating Kate Middleton and that they are just friends, but, that she might just be a distraction from the real girl - Jessica Craig..... what do you think?

I personally don't think William is dating either girl...I think they are just friends of his, and because the press is so hungry for a romance story on him they were chosen because they are beautiful and around. I honestly don't think we will know who William is dating until he is good and ready to come out and say, "I'm dating so and so...meet so and so..." He watched as his parents lived their love life out in the public arena and it wasn't the greatest experience, I think he'll probably to keep his love life on the down low...knowing first hand what it can do to people in the public arena.

How could he? That good for nothing cat murderer.Throw him in jail! :angry:
Oh and sara there is something wrong with your link.

I just saw a tabloid last night saying that Will was to wed Kate. It shocked me since I read that they've only known or been 'dating' whatever you want to call it for like 4 months. I don't believe it, but you really never know with tabloids. Sometimes they actually have truthful stories. Not very often, but sometimes.

Thanks,the artical is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is a great and sport prince, he like sport a lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do you think that Charles should have taken William along to the spanish wedding (charles was not at the danish wedding himself) so that he can get to know other royals.

Madeleina and carl philip of sweden have done so since they was 17 - 18 and madleine is just a few days older then william. and they will not be king or queen one day as william.

your thoughts on this

Prince William not have official engagement yet! his dad attend to Spain for wedding he will have official engagement after he finished graduate college first but his dad said that.

Sara Boyce

I think it's time William starts doing so, I mean he's 21 and will be the king one day. Almost every other royal in Europe are/were doing that by this age, even earlier. Lie Swedish royals, as you said, and also Andrea from Monaco.

I don't know about the Swedish but Andrea also goes to uni, has a personal (private) life and it doesn't stop him from making official engagements.

Britain's Prince William Hints at Military Career

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince William said on Saturday he may follow family tradition when he finishes university and pursue a career in the armed forces. The 21-year-old student gave the broadest hint yet he would follow in the footsteps of his father, uncles and grandfather.

"A career in the armed services would be the best thing at the moment because it would be lovely to recognize all the hard work that the armed forces are doing," the prince told reporters during a photocall at his father the Prince of Wales' farm in Gloucestershire.

"I wouldn't do it (go into the armed services) reluctantly because I really value all the efforts and the professionalism of those guys."

"I would do it wholeheartedly and enjoy doing it."

Joining a branch of Britain's armed forces is seen as a rite of passage for young male royals. Even the Queen's youngest son, the Earl of Wessex, spent several months with the Royal Marines before quitting to make his way as a television producer.

William, who is second in line to the throne after his father, said choosing a career was not the most pressing thing on his mind.

"I just want to graduate and pass my exams," said the prince who is studying geography at the University of St Andrews in Scotland

from Yahoo! News

Wills becomes a farmer for a day

Prince William got to grips with some farm chores at the weekend, when he spent the day helping out on his father's estate. The 21-year-old was shown how to check sheep and lambs for foot rot at the Prince of Wales' Duchy Home Farm near Highgrove.

With a little help from shepherd Ken Foster, Wills got to work by taking a bleating lamb from the flock and making sure its hooves were all healthy. But his next charge, a 13-stone ewe, proved rather more challenging. The statuesque prince had to use all his strength to wrestle the reluctant animal to the ground. But he soon got the better of the creature and, after checking her hooves, signalled the all-clear.

William - who has often been less at ease in the presence of the press than his younger brother Harry - seemed particularly confident and relaxed as he laboured in front of journalists and cameramen. Showing off his driving skills by using a tractor to clear a field of thistles, he quipped: "If anyone wants their lawn cut, give me a ring."

The rural photocall was staged as part of an agreement between Clarence House and the media to allow the Prince privacy the rest of the year. And staff at the farm seemed impressed with their royal helper's talent for animal-husbandry. "William spent much of his childhood here," revealed manager David Wilson. "Both he and Harry would help out with the lambing each year. He would make a good farmer."

The prince has meanwhile been dropped as captain of St Andrew's University water polo team. Apparently it was decided to replace him because he has been unable to attend regular training sessions.

Wills makes a fleecy friend at the Gloucestershire farm

The proprieter of Duchy Home Farm was also on hand to keep an eye on his son's efforts

Feeding the Home Farm's pigs was just one of the several animal husbandry tasks Wills was assigned

Father and son also took a moment to inspect the farm's bovine community

from hellomagazine.com

Princes To Attend Grandmother's Funeral

By Jennifer Hill and Jude Sheerin, Scottish Press Assoc. June 4th 2004

Prince William and Prince Harry will attend the funeral their grandmother Frances Shand Kydd, Clarence house said.

They will join mourners at the service in St. Colmbia Church. next week June 10th at 2pm..

Frances Shand Kydd will later buried at the Pennfuir cemerty in Scotland....

I doubt the press will going to be there?? hope not!!!

Karla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom