The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 10:21 AM

I live very close to Nashville. I wonder what he's doing in the area.

Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Maybe it was a Prince William look-alike. Haha, Abercrombie and Fitch.

Old 08-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise
I'm sure Princes Charles, William and Harry will be at the Games. Remember, yesterday was only the opening ceremonies. Many other royal families are scheduled to be there and weren't in attendance yesterday etc... Felipe and Letizia from Spain, the Swedish Royal Family.

I'm sure when William arrives will be inudated with photos of him :)
thanks for infomation!

let me know about Prince William in Greece

Sara Boyce
Old 08-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Aristocracy

Wills Pays A Visit To The Home Of Country Music

Prince William has been indulging in a little southern comfort by taking a break in Tennessee. The 22-year-old has spent a week enjoying the hospitality of American heiress Anna Sloan at her family estate in Nashville.

Wills and Anna first became friends at St Andrews University last year. He shares a class with the American beauty, whose father George was a friend of the Queen's.

In recent weeks royal watchers have been wondering whether the Prince would opt to spend his summer break with Jecca Craig in Kenya, or go travelling with rumoured girlfriend Kate Middleton. But in the end the young royal surprised everyone by heading for the home of country music instead.

"They've known each other for a few years because her father used to ride with the Queen," revealed a friend of the Sloan family. "William was here for a leisure vacation in their beautiful house, which has a lovely pool and a very relaxed atmosphere. Theirs is strictly a friendship ? there was nothing romantic going on. He was here with a few classmates."
Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

Would The Queen Let William Marry An American?????????????????
Old 08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Courtier

It's not just the question of the monarch (most likely QEII but who knows by then...) approving it. I believe Parliament must also approve. Hmmm...well, they may approve if this girl's a civilized young lady. Although the future Princess of Wales will most likely be British in my opinion...and although it isn't in the rules and may sound bad but she will most likely be caucasian.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
It's not just the question of the monarch (most likely QEII but who knows by then...) approving it. I believe Parliament must also approve. Hmmm...well, they may approve if this girl's a civilized young lady. Although the future Princess of Wales will most likely be British in my opinion...and although it isn't in the rules and may sound bad but she will most likely be caucasian.
that true!

His Grandmother would have approve with her PM first they discussion ends! but i think HM Queen wanted Prince William search future wife in England like his dad who been future wife as his mother the Princess Diana in 1981 i do believe me!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Commoner

Foreign Press – bits & pieces on Wills

They’ve gone through google translations

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

http://translate.google.com/translat...D%26ie%3DUTF-8

http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

http://translate.google.com/translat...D%26ie%3DUTF-8
Old 08-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Prince Wills goes Dutch

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004382983,00.html

Karla
Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

So,will he attend The Olympics Games?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorfan
So,will he attend The Olympics Games?
Well, I don't know any news about him to attend... .. I was confuse where he went.. He was supposed to attend the Olympics last week but he did not there instead he went to Tenneesee...many story article... weird ....

Karla
Old 08-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Nobility

Oh, Prince William didn't attend the official opening of the Olympics and hasn't been seen afterwards either. How totally unsurprising!.

Is it just me who has noticed that the young Princes seem to have a phobia against the words, "Official Engagement?"

Yes, I'm sure my comments will attract the usual "Let them have their youth blah, blah, blah but I fear their attitude goes beyond this. Both seem to shun their Royal heritage and I would bet my mortgage that in 10 years from now they still won't be interested.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Is Prince William still going? I thought more than just the Princess Royal would go to the games.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
Oh, Prince William didn't attend the official opening of the Olympics and hasn't been seen afterwards either. How totally unsurprising!.

Is it just me who has noticed that the young Princes seem to have a phobia against the words, "Official Engagement?"

Yes, I'm sure my comments will attract the usual "Let them have their youth blah, blah, blah but I fear their attitude goes beyond this. Both seem to shun their Royal heritage and I would bet my mortgage that in 10 years from now they still won't be interested.
You may be right, James, but quite frankly I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's in a royal family. I would hate living my life in a fish bowl. Yes, we all do have obligations, but these obligations are scrutinized by millions. Ironically, here I am watching the fishbowl!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes,i also think that William won't attend The Olympics Games.He doesn't have time to attend,i think that.Maybe only Princess Anne attend the Olympics.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William will buy his mum's $1million necklace

i found out news about Prince William would buy necklace about his beloved mother's famous necklace or he would taking necklaces because he knew his mum's necklaces she wores!

I think William have rights about his mum needs about his future wife for used jewels than sellings to given away to people more million money but i think William would more upset about his mother's famous necklace its more worth million or billion!

Sara Boyce
Old 08-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Royal Highness

Sara,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. What necklace are you talking about?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.nypost.com/living/29212.htm

"The jewels are up for sale as part of the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons fund-raiser this weekend. The diamond-and-pearl Swan Lake set is being sold by Southampton jewelers Hollis, Reh & Shariff for a mystery seller who will donate $100,000 to the animal charity. "

http://www.tacyltd.com/Research_Mate...l.asp?id=54013

Photos of the Swan Lake Set

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...d=782402&cdi=0

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...d=782398&cdi=0
Old 08-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

I seriously doubt that Williams trustee's are going to advance him a million dollars for a sentimental whim. There is more than enough jewellery in the royal pool without him purchasing a piece that his mother wore once! If he had a fiance/wife then the story might be different but he doesn't so I really can't see this being a possibility. I think it is a story put out to raise the bidding price.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems more than a little unlikely that Prince Charles's son would want to spend large amounts of money at a high-profile sale to buy some jewellery given to his mother by Dodi Fayed.

As you said, this looks like marketing hype.

Tags
prince william