The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.
I wouldn't say that. He is the parent who does matter practically, but still, Diana is as much of a royal than Charles in people's conscience. Look at how she is still wrongly referred as Princess Diana. I agree that William would have had that much attention outside Britain if he wasn't Diana's son.

Happy Valentine everyone.

Will and Kate are on Hello this week (Hello)

I peeped through the issue and they interviewed many famous royal watchers and journalists (Ingrid Seward, Piers Morgan, etc.) who all unanimous Kate is the best thing to ever grace this planet :p.
Just by memory, the comments were of the kind:
"level-headed, attractive, down-to-hearth, great support to William, never set a feet wrong, intelligent, bla, bla, bla". One person said that the fact that she is a middle-class girl would make the monarchy more relevant.
The only wrong note was James Whitaker who said that she is just a middle-class girl and does dot have the proper background. He says something like: "It does not mater as much as it used to, but it still matters as hell".
That sounds so much like Branchg I am actually wondering if he is not Whitaker in disguise posting on the RF!
__________________

__________________

  #142  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I wouldn't say that. He is the parent who does matter practically, but still, Diana is as much of a royal than Charles in people's conscience. Look at how she is still wrongly referred as Princess Diana. I agree that William would have had that much attention outside Britain if he wasn't Diana's son.

That sounds so much like Branchg I am actually wondering if he is not Whitaker in disguise posting on the RF!
He would still be famous in the UK, as Prince Charles and Princess somethings son. Had you heard of his mother before she married Charles, 99.9% of people hadn't, therefore as I said, William would still be known as the son of Prince Charles.:)
__________________

  #143  
Old 02-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Idriel, I think Di definitely raised the profile of the BFR all over the world.

So I guess there is truth in saying that Will is quite famous because of his mother's legacy. I guess you can also see this if you compare the popularity of other young royals eg Caroline of Monaco's children and clearly Will is much more well known the world over.

However, Will is also his father's son so I guess he would have always had a level of curiosity around him regardless of if he'd a different woman as his mother. Di just magnified the popularity imo.
:)
  #144  
Old 02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes.
I actually find that fact rather comforting. I think the media hysteria around Diana hurt the Royal Family in a lot of ways. Their reputation hardly remained intact after the ordeal. Its the price of massive publicity. Every minor flaw is blown up to major proportions.

The Royal Family needs some publicity but its doubtful whether they need much publicity outside of the U.K. I think the lowering in the BRF popularity in the UK, if it exists, is more the result of Tony Blair's pushing the Prime Minister position into a Presidential role like that of George Bush. The more the Prime Minister acts like the President of the United States, then the more likely a country might feel that the monarch and the Royal Family is less relevant and useful in today's society.

Other factors didn't help the Royal Family though. I think the scandals surrounding Diana's and Charles' marriage really created a dent in the reputation of the Royal Family from which they are only now just beginning to recover. But I don't think publicity or lack of publicity is the main factor hurting the Royal Family now.
  #145  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Corning, United States
Posts: 44
Prince William/Kate Middleton

I really think people should allow the prince and his girl friend Miss Middleton alone. Allow them the space they need to figure out if the life of royalty is really a life Miss Middleton really wants. I think it's terrible for them to live together before marriage. I thought the Queen was the head of the church.
But than William's witnessed his father living with a woman so son like father.

After the Queen Elizabeth's reign is over I say forget the monarchy. They look like everyone else. What a shame!!
  #146  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy
But than William's witnessed his father living with a woman so son like father.

After the Queen Elizabeth's reign is over I say forget the monarchy. They look like everyone else. What a shame!!
I think W&K already lived together when they were still at uni. But they were also sharing a house with others, though we don't know if they shared a room in that house.

Yes, I also think that the BRF will be the first to be obolished in Europe.
  #147  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I actually find that fact rather comforting. I think the media hysteria around Diana hurt the Royal Family in a lot of ways.

The Royal Family needs some publicity but its doubtful whether they need much publicity outside of the U.K.
Very well said Ysbel, we really don't need the media hype again.:(
  #148  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy
After the Queen Elizabeth's reign is over I say forget the monarchy. They look like everyone else. What a shame!!
I think there would be very few in the UK who would agree with you and a lot in the commonwealth countries who wouldn't as well. Most Britons are still not sold on the idea of a republic.
  #149  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Yes of course he would, in Britain.
Whilst members of some other countries only remember the celebrity factor of his mother, most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.
I don't think so.:)
Look at Zara Phillips or Fregie's daughters...None of them recieve HALF the press these men recieve, and I think that has to do a lot with who thier mothers were.:)
  #150  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
Idriel, I think Di definitely raised the profile of the BFR all over the world.

So I guess there is truth in saying that Will is quite famous because of his mother's legacy. I guess you can also see this if you compare the popularity of other young royals eg Caroline of Monaco's children and clearly Will is much more well known the world over.

However, Will is also his father's son so I guess he would have always had a level of curiosity around him regardless of if he'd a different woman as his mother. Di just magnified the popularity imo.
:)
You know everytime they talk about Prince William or Harry on news, (which lasts about 2-3 minutes:( ) usually starts out like this: "Late Princess Diana's sons, William and Harry," so yes, while they are capable of creating their own press, I am a firm believer that without their mothers help and press, none of us, or should I say, ME would even know what they look like. OK, maybe that's taking it a little far, but I hope you know what I mean. :)
  #151  
Old 02-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
I think if she DOES become William's wife, she will resemble Princess Mary a lot, public wise. I don't think she will be the next "Diana" or whatever.:)
  #152  
Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Lara,

I also think she reminds me a lot of Mary of Dk! :p

I think they do look a like in a few photos that I have seen of Kate.

I am not sure though if she'll have a similar public image as Mary though...
  #153  
Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
Lara,

I also think she reminds me a lot of Mary of Dk! :p

I think they do look a like in a few photos that I have seen of Kate.

I am not sure though if she'll have a similar public image as Mary though...
Really? Do you think Kate will be MORE or LESS famous? How so? :)
  #154  
Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Really? Do you think Kate will be MORE or LESS famous? How so? :)
In terms of press coverage, Kate will get more because of GB's connections with the US and the commonwealth, Mary is probably only famous in Dk and Australia.

William is also one of the most popular if not the most popular member of the BRF. So his wife (whether Kate or not) will attract a lot of attention.

MJ :p
  #155  
Old 02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
In terms of press coverage, Kate will get more because of GB's connections with the US and the commonwealth, Mary is probably only famous in Dk and Australia.

William is also one of the most popular if not the most popular member of the BRF. So his wife (whether Kate or not) will attract a lot of attention.

MJ :p
I see.

But I hate to break it to you, but in the U.S other than that POEPLE magazine cover, there hasn't been ANYTHING about the couple in the news or entertainment news.There hasn't been anything after that.:o :)
  #156  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
I don't think so.:)
Look at Zara Phillips or Fregie's daughters...None of them recieve HALF the press these men recieve, and I think that has to do a lot with who thier mothers were.:)
I knew very little about Mary or Letizia (examples only) before coming onTRF. In their own countries they are well known.
Zara, Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie, have been kept out of the news by not having titles, they only ever stood a remote chance of attaining the throne.

Anne, Andrew and Edward got and get less publicity, again because they are not the heir but, the British know they are Charles' sister and brothers.

Most Britons know who Prince Charles is and would also have known who his children are regardless of who he had married. His children would have been in the news in the UK regardless of who their mother was.:)
  #157  
Old 02-15-2006, 05:06 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
But I hate to break it to you, but in the U.S other than that POEPLE magazine cover, there hasn't been ANYTHING about the couple in the news or entertainment news.There hasn't been anything after that.:o :)
The exact point I was trying to make to Idriel. It is news for people in the UK but, other countries really do have other interests and concerns.:)
  #158  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 AM
NJRedDevils's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: WPB, Australia
Posts: 130
In this week's New Idea, we reveal Prince William is planning to marry Kate Middleton. Are they a good match?

Royal engagement — Prince William proposes to Kate
A wedding is on the cards for Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton as a secret engagement is arranged behind palace doors. Woman's Day can reveal that the 23-year-old Prince has secretly popped the question to his girlfriend of four years. However an official announcement won't be made until he finishes at the Royal Military Academy later this year.


this is what is been published in 2 Australian Magazines
  #159  
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
Lara,

I also think she reminds me a lot of Mary of Dk! :p

I think they do look a like in a few photos that I have seen of Kate.

I am not sure though if she'll have a similar public image as Mary though...
kate reminds me most of victoria of sweden. on some photos of kate i accidentally think its victoria.
  #160  
Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
In this week's New Idea, we reveal Prince William is planning to marry Kate Middleton. Are they a good match?

Royal engagement — Prince William proposes to Kate
A wedding is on the cards for Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton as a secret engagement is arranged behind palace doors. Woman's Day can reveal that the 23-year-old Prince has secretly popped the question to his girlfriend of four years. However an official announcement won't be made until he finishes at the Royal Military Academy later this year.

this is what is been published in 2 Australian Magazines
Do they have proof of this or is it a case of 'sources close to the prince' , or 'we need to sell more magazines, so I got my crystal ball out'.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince William Current Events 23: January 2010-January 2011 Warren Current Events Archive 589 01-08-2011 11:36 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 3: January-February 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 242 02-07-2008 07:52 AM
Prince William Current Events 14: December 2006-January 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 194 01-15-2007 12:38 PM
Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 306 02-09-2006 03:45 PM
Prince William Current Events 7: November 2005-January 2006 Martine Current Events Archive 186 01-10-2006 06:05 PM




Popular Tags
baptism best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill coel hen crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark earl of snowdon general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nazi news pablo urdangarín picture of the week portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess alexandra of luxembourg princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen silvia spanish jewels state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises