The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

It does make you wonder if all the other stories about Guy Pelly were ever true.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

What an irresponsible article. The title implies that William was caught with drugs...buts its really his friend, who it appears was set up!

Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

Isn't there a law for encouraging drug use? The so-called reporter should be prosecuted for supplying drugs and defamation of characters.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm sure many of us have been unwittingly close to drug deals, unless you are looking for one, how would you know?
Perhaps they have a sign.
at a fashion show you can say 'do i smell chanel?' to get cocaine. (maybe Mary could test that some time).

seriously though, this is headline grabbing at its worst. with both William and Harry doing respectable things like jogging and marching all day long at Sandhurst they have to come up with nonsense like this to keep selling papers. they must have it very rough right now.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

I again agree with you pollyemma.

Must be a real slow press these last few weeks. We hear about drugs, sex talk and marriage talk. I don't give any off theses press reports any validation.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate and Will's holiday haven gets £80,000 facelift
..........................Now a 120-year-old Scottish cottage has been given an £80,000 facelift so the young couple can use it as a bolthole during the royal family's annual holiday in August...............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...3/willandkate/

Photo from HELLO magazine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	willkate-dop2a.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	227690  
Old 02-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
at a fashion show you can say 'do i smell chanel?' to get cocaine.
Crumbs, I am so glad you told me.

If I said that to get drugs (which I wouldn't), someone would say, Yes it's No 5.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
What an irresponsible article. The title implies that William was caught with drugs...buts its really his friend, who it appears was set up!
they assume guilty by association..which is stupid. they want people to think that if his close friends do drugs then Will has tried drugs or is doing drugs.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I hope the story on post #114 is not true, because there is already a US company named Babykins. It has been around since 1986. So it may not go over well with the original Babykins company.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
Well, I hope the story on post #114 is not true, because there is already a US company named Babykins. It has been around since 1986. So it may not go over well with the original Babykins company.
I don't think it matters if there is a company in another country. Companies House checks against it's list of companies in the UK.:)
Old 02-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dump your pal, Wills urged

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490

First they tell him who he can go out with, now it's who his friends can be!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Wills faces drug probe

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006070282,00.html
Old 02-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

William and Kate are just starting to get heat from reporters. I guess their love for pubs and being in public is going to change because of this situation. Boy I hope for the monarchy's survival this blows over.:)
Old 02-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
William and Kate are just starting to get heat from reporters. I guess their love for pubs and being in public is going to change because of this situation. Boy I hope for the monarchy's survival this blows over.:)
There is no suggestion that William, Kate or Harry were buying or taking drugs.:)

From reading the various reports I still believe that Guy was handed a cigarette, took a puff from it before realising that:

1. It was wacky baccy
2. He was being photographed.

He has said he didn't know the girl who handed him the ciggy and had no reason to believe that it was not made from ordinary tobacco.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Love how the sun says it appears that none of the royals had anything to do with the drugs...but that's not what the Headline reads. What utter trash!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Love how the sun says it appears that none of the royals had anything to do with the drugs...but that's not what the Headline reads. What utter trash!
That's the sun for you, utter trash:)
Old 02-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

The tabloids are desperate because Will is at Sandhurst (not assessible to them) and they are not catching him in public with Kate either. Kate is being a clever girl and not giving them anything to write about either.

So in a desperate attempt they sent a reporter (pretending to be a drug dealer) to a pub where Will and gang were having a drink. And this pretty much links the supposed drug dealer to William and thats their story.

Totally bizzare!

The next silly story will probably be about William being within a 10 mile radius of a crime scene therefore is probably a suspected criminal.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Nobility

You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes. The royal family of britian according a poll taken when Camilla and Charled suggested that about 60% or more of the population really doesn't care that much about the royal family anymore. Blame Diana all you want, but I believe she is very big reason why America along with the rest of the world pays ANY attention to the royal family. She might have not brought the ideal press, but she brought much needed press to the family. Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it. So while we all agree that Kate is a clever girl for staying quite, which I agree with, I also feel that she is not capable of bringing any MORE press to the royal family, unlike Princess Mary. Mary brought attention of the media to her royal family, which you think about in the long run, is VERY clever. I just don't see Kate bringing that sort of attention to the family. She probably, IF she becomes princess, will be forgotten in the upcomming 3-5 years.:)
Old 02-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes. The royal family of britian according a poll taken when Camilla and Charled suggested that about 60% or more of the population really doesn't care that much about the royal family anymore. Blame Diana all you want, but I believe she is very big reason why America along with the rest of the world pays ANY attention to the royal family. She might have not brought the ideal press, but she brought much needed press to the family. Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it. So while we all agree that Kate is a clever girl for staying quite, which I agree with, I also feel that she is not capable of bringing any MORE press to the royal family, unlike Princess Mary. Mary brought attention of the media to her royal family, which you think about in the long run, is VERY clever. I just don't see Kate bringing that sort of attention to the family. She probably, IF she becomes princess, will be forgotten in the upcomming 3-5 years.:)
Imo a lot of William supporters do like him because he does remind them of his mother especially the facial features.

I think things will be very different for Will and Kate because they will make a very strong partnership and will be seen much more as a royal couple then a prince and a princess tied in a marriage. And so I think the press will be interested in them and I think once Will's married, they will focus on when they will have children and probably on Harry as well if he's not already married by then. :)

The truth is, the press and the BRF need each other.

I think it is also true that less people are interested in royalty in the UK. At least that is my impression. But I don't think there will ever be another Di, nor do I think anybody should try and create one either.

I think much of the population has watched the unhappy marriage of Will's parents unfold right infront of their eyes, so I guess many will be happy to see find a woman who he can grow old with. And from that perspective, they might appreciate Kate's discreetness.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it.
Yes of course he would, in Britain.
Whilst members of some other countries only remember the celebrity factor of his mother, most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william