Prince William Current Events 7: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if she DOES become William's wife, she will resemble Princess Mary a lot, public wise. I don't think she will be the next "Diana" or whatever.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lara,

I also think she reminds me a lot of Mary of Dk! :p

I think they do look a like in a few photos that I have seen of Kate.

I am not sure though if she'll have a similar public image as Mary though...

Last edited:
melissajames said:
Lara,

Really? Do you think Kate will be MORE or LESS famous? How so?;) :)

Laraib said:
Really? Do you think Kate will be MORE or LESS famous? How so?;) :)

In terms of press coverage, Kate will get more because of GB's connections with the US and the commonwealth, Mary is probably only famous in Dk and Australia.

William is also one of the most popular if not the most popular member of the BRF. So his wife (whether Kate or not) will attract a lot of attention.

MJ :p

melissajames said:
In terms of press coverage, Kate will get more because of GB's connections with the US and the commonwealth, Mary is probably only famous in Dk and Australia.

William is also one of the most popular if not the most popular member of the BRF. So his wife (whether Kate or not) will attract a lot of attention.

MJ :p

I see.;)

But I hate to break it to you, but in the U.S other than that POEPLE magazine cover, there hasn't been ANYTHING about the couple in the news or entertainment news.There hasn't been anything after that.:eek: :) ;)

Laraib said:
I don't think so.:)
Look at Zara Phillips or Fregie's daughters...None of them recieve HALF the press these men recieve, and I think that has to do a lot with who thier mothers were.:) ;)

I knew very little about Mary or Letizia (examples only) before coming onTRF. In their own countries they are well known.;)
Zara, Peter, Beatrice and Eugenie, have been kept out of the news by not having titles, they only ever stood a remote chance of attaining the throne.

Anne, Andrew and Edward got and get less publicity, again because they are not the heir but, the British know they are Charles' sister and brothers.

Most Britons know who Prince Charles is and would also have known who his children are regardless of who he had married. His children would have been in the news in the UK regardless of who their mother was.:)

Laraib said:
But I hate to break it to you, but in the U.S other than that POEPLE magazine cover, there hasn't been ANYTHING about the couple in the news or entertainment news.There hasn't been anything after that.:eek: :) ;)

The exact point I was trying to make to Idriel. It is news for people in the UK but, other countries really do have other interests and concerns.:)

In this week's New Idea, we reveal Prince William is planning to marry Kate Middleton. Are they a good match?

Royal engagement — Prince William proposes to Kate
A wedding is on the cards for Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton as a secret engagement is arranged behind palace doors. Woman's Day can reveal that the 23-year-old Prince has secretly popped the question to his girlfriend of four years. However an official announcement won't be made until he finishes at the Royal Military Academy later this year.

this is what is been published in 2 Australian Magazines

melissajames said:
Lara,

kate reminds me most of victoria of sweden. on some photos of kate i accidentally think its victoria.

NJRedDevils said:
In this week's New Idea, we reveal Prince William is planning to marry Kate Middleton. Are they a good match?

A wedding is on the cards for Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton as a secret engagement is arranged behind palace doors. Woman's Day can reveal that the 23-year-old Prince has secretly popped the question to his girlfriend of four years. However an official announcement won't be made until he finishes at the Royal Military Academy later this year.

Do they have proof of this or is it a case of 'sources close to the prince':D , or 'we need to sell more magazines, so I got my crystal ball out'.:D

pollyemma said:
kate reminds me most of victoria of sweden. on some photos of kate i accidentally think its victoria.

Really! :p

Perhaps because they both have long chestnut colour hair? And I think they are both quite sporty so I guess there are similarities. :cool:

Victoria of Sweden is my favourite princess. She will make a great queen. ;)

NJRedDevils said:

This is not a reflection on you but I think New Idea should change their name to No Idea! :D

Imo Will is going to propose eventually.

It's like predicting a pregnancy, the royal brides all get pregant eventually so if they keep guessing for months/years it will happen! :D

Does William get weekend off from now on? Where is Sandhurst in relation to London and Highgrove?:) :)

This week's HELLO magazine has Prince William and her girlfriend Kate Middleton on the cover. "WILLIAM AND KATE - WHAT YOU AND OUR PANEL OF EXPERTS THINK OF THE BLOSSOMING ROMANCE"

Photo from hellomagazine.com

Attachments

• cover0906big.jpg
    cover0906big.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 145
georgiea said:
Does William get weekend off from now on? Where is Sandhurst in relation to London and Highgrove?:) :)

Depends on traffic but can be anything up to 3.75 hours from Sandhurst to Highgrove. To London it's between 1.5 and 2 hours from what I remember.
He should get some weekends off now, it's just the initial phase that is for 5 weeks solid.:)

mandyy said:
This week's HELLO magazine has Prince William and her girlfriend Kate Middleton on the cover. "WILLIAM AND KATE - WHAT YOU AND OUR PANEL OF EXPERTS THINK OF THE BLOSSOMING ROMANCE"

Photo from hellomagazine.com

Are we not the experts?:D :rolleyes:

This reminds me of the reports from one of the Paris papers/magazines in the 1970s when the reported the Queen as being pregnant something like 25 times (they were right twice - Andrew and Edward). They also reported that the Queen and Philip were getting divorced about 15 times.

Personally until BP makes an official announcement all others stories are simply speculation.

I guess we will find out when he finishes his training if this article is true or not...

trans.gif

Prince shows Will power
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006070835,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray for William !!!!! Hang in their mate!

Royal Fan said:
Hooray for William !!!!! Hang in their mate!

double Hooray
sooo hot with those army closes
I don't know, I'm kinda crazy
But anyways I'm cool
Wills cool too
Don't ya think?

While I think it's great for William, I have to wonder at the cheek of this tabloid, William is clearly giving them a 'dirty look' for intruding and taking his photo.:p
The sun is never very good at factual reporting but it should be mentioned in fairness to the other recruits, that they tend to alternate who carries the radio and the weight in the packs is no different to the 1000's who have to do a yomp. The platoons are led by a Captain, so that's who would have been urging everyone on.
The biggest point is the reporter wasn't there so couldn't possibly know what William is saying, he could have been saying, 'when I am King, I am going to make you all pay for pursuing me'.:D

Skydragon said:
While I think it's great for William, I have to wonder at the cheek of this tabloid, William is clearly giving them a 'dirty look' for intruding and taking his photo.:p
The sun is never very good at factual reporting but it should be mentioned in fairness to the other recruits, that they tend to alternate who carries the radio and the weight in the packs is no different to the 1000's who have to do a yomp. The platoons are led by a Captain, so that's who would have been urging everyone on.
Well thank you for that Skydragron. We can always count on your insight for army facts. :)

The pictures, friom the Sun (I let two out)

Attachments

• 0,,2006071217,00.jpg
    0,,2006071217,00.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 0,,2006071218,00.jpg
    0,,2006071218,00.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 135
  • 0,,2006071220,00.jpg
    0,,2006071220,00.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 0,,2006071221,00.jpg
    0,,2006071221,00.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 0,,2006071222,00.jpg
    0,,2006071222,00.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 135
Idriel said:
Well thank you for that Skydragron. We can always count on your insight for army facts. :)

I'm a total spoilsport am I not?:D

It just annoys me that papers like the sun portray it all as if William is the only one made to do these activities and that somehow he is so much better than Harry or any of the other recruits.
They have a picture of William glaring at them but, this is portrayed as "Cold and wet ... but defiant Prince is unbowed".
I like William but, he is only human and let's not let a few facts get in the way of a paper selling story.:D

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos of hi, He look good in uniform and he look exhaust... and still strong I am proud of him....

karla64 said:
Thank you for the photos of hi, He look good in uniform and he look exhaust... and still strong I am proud of him....

i totally agree with you.
william is a prince but first is a man, and i am very pround of him too.

Im Proud of him as well Both of Chaarles and Dis Sons may turn out as good Military Material :)

Royal Fan said:
Im Proud of him as well. Both of Chaarles and Di's Sons may turn out as good Military Material :)

I think they have done well too.

:D :D :D (I thought you had had one drink too many) just joking:D :D :D , It's so easy to press one digit too many.:rolleyes:

I think they are doing well, but I don't really see Will having a career in the military. I can see Harry, but not Will. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom