The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM

I could. But I won't. I just think this engagement business is tabloid hype. At least I hope it is. God forbid it's a Clarence House plan to test the water.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Majesty

JJB Board

Prince Williams' new haircut, bald patch

Quote:
1st photos of Prince William since joining the elite Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Prince William sporting the traditional military close-crop, which shows his increasing "bald patch" William joined RMAS as an officer-cadet on 8th January 2006.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Courtier

photos..:)

http://www.fotobank.com/photo/report.html?id=R019-8037

http://www.isifa.com

type search prince william
Old 02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
He's far too young and Kate is hardly Princess material, let alone Queen material.
What make you think that?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That makes no difference. If he announces his engagement then he's a fool and I certainly won't be raising a glass. He's far too young and Kate is hardly Princess material, let alone Queen material.
I couldn't agreee more! :)
Old 02-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
What make you think that?
She doesn't seem to able to cope with the media, I've never seen her smile, she seems to be a little bit snotty and above herself. But because she's with William, she's suddenly a star. She doesn't have a public presence and I don't say that from clips of her wandering down a street with her head down, I say that from clips of her at weddings, the Windsor Horse Show etc where she seems to be sulky and generally boring.

If she suddenly brightens up and seems jolly and shows a side of herself that shows she's good as a possible Queen then I'll eat my words but I don't think that'll happen and as a British subject that comes before anything. I couldn't care less whether she's attractive, whether she loves William, whether she's after his money etc etc - first and foremost, above everything, she has to have a sense of duty and she has to show and prove that she will be a good Queen.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the quick answer.
Quote:
I've never seen her smile.
Well I can think of many pictures of her smiling. Particularly some taken few days after she had her layers sending 'threats' to the newspapers. She was smiling like a Cheshire cat and happily posing for the paps while doing her shopping. I found that slightly contradictory but hey! I don't have to deal with the press, so who knows what I would be doing at her place?
Quote:
She doesn't have a public presence and I don't say that from clips of her wandering down a street with her head down, I say that from clips of her at weddings, the Windsor Horse Show etc where she seems to be sulky and generally boring.
I totally agree with that part but since I have never seen her appeal (she epitomizes Plain Jane for me), I am probably biased.
Quote:
If she suddenly brightens up and seems jolly and shows a side of herself that shows she's good as a possible Queen then I'll eat my words but I don't think that'll happen and as a British subject that comes before anything.
That's interesting. Can you tell us what is the feeling about Kate around you? My English friends don't even know who she is.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:53 PM

Do you mean how other people I come into contact with percieve her?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do you mean how other people I come into contact with percieve her?
Yes Please.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:59 PM

Well, my 'set' ,if I can be as pompous to refer to them as such, don't like her very much. But we're not really Wills fans. Generally, they don't see her as a future Queen more as his latest bit of skirt. She's thought to be boring and Wills is very boring so the match isn't a good one. She's also rather sulky and sullen which doesn't go in her favour.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Courtier

argh
ugly and losing hair?
perferct combination
lol lol lol
well, beauty is not the most important thing right now
Old 02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Kate but I also dont think she is Princess or Queen material. When she was trying on the dresses she didnt look like a princess. She is very pretty but she doesnt have a presence. If William is anything like his father then his wife will be the making of him. William is boring and he will need an exiting wife.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I like Kate but I also dont think she is Princess or Queen material. When she was trying on the dresses she didnt look like a princess. She is very pretty but she doesnt have a presence. If William is anything like his father then his wife will be the making of him. William is boring and he will need an exiting wife.
´

I agree with you, I thing in the end of this whole thing... William will not marry Kate
Old 02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I agree with everything except, I don't think he needs an exciting wife. We had all that with his mother (well exciting for some, dread for others). All he needs is someone who will love him for being William, not Prince William. They have been dating for two years and you don't get the sense of them being a couple.
Still, at least a divorce should be easier next time!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 PM

I'm not asking for a stage show like we had with Diana, but a little bit of personality would be a blessing.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't mean you BeatrixFan.
I also think she needs some personality.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:56 PM

No worries dear. When I look at William I see a long face and grey suit. When I see Kate I see a grey face and a long suit. They are both so bland as people and need a bit of fire. Ingrid Seward says that royal couples work when one partner has a character trait the other one doesn't. So for example, Queen Sofia is very emotional and shows her emotions, is very hands on and tactful whereas Juan Carlos is a little more reserved and regal. But more importantly, they need personality (you have my permission to launch into a Lena Zavaroni rendition of 'personality' if you so wish) and I don't see that in either William or Kate. He needs a girl who can bring a bit of glamour without overshadowing him.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

What?

Quote:
What dresses?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima
HOLA! magazine sais today that the Bckingham Palace will soon announce the engagement of Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton
This is pure nonsense. William is not going to propose to Kate anytime soon. He is far too young and has many serious responsibilities ahead of him for the next few years. He is the spare to the throne and must carry out his duty to the Crown.

Kate Middleton may or may not be deemed suitable for marriage to a future king, which would be the decision of others, including The Queen, the Prime Minister, the Archbishop of Canterbury and senior members of Parliament.

William's marriage is a matter of state and has many hurdles to cross before approval would be granted by all concerned.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
´

I agree with you, I thing in the end of this whole thing... William will not marry Kate
That is my opinion as well. I don't think William will marry her because she is not of sufficient background and character to bear heirs and become Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

Tags
prince william