Prince William Current Events 7: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could. But I won't. I just think this engagement business is tabloid hype. At least I hope it is. God forbid it's a Clarence House plan to test the water.

JJB Board

Prince Williams' new haircut, bald patch

1st photos of Prince William since joining the elite Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Prince William sporting the traditional military close-crop, which shows his increasing "bald patch" William joined RMAS as an officer-cadet on 8th January 2006.

nffkgz.jpg
nffkh5.jpg
nffkhl.jpg
nffkhx.jpg

BeatrixFan said:
He's far too young and Kate is hardly Princess material, let alone Queen material.
What make you think that?

BeatrixFan said:
That makes no difference. If he announces his engagement then he's a fool and I certainly won't be raising a glass. He's far too young and Kate is hardly Princess material, let alone Queen material.

I couldn't agreee more!;) :)

What make you think that?

She doesn't seem to able to cope with the media, I've never seen her smile, she seems to be a little bit snotty and above herself. But because she's with William, she's suddenly a star. She doesn't have a public presence and I don't say that from clips of her wandering down a street with her head down, I say that from clips of her at weddings, the Windsor Horse Show etc where she seems to be sulky and generally boring.

If she suddenly brightens up and seems jolly and shows a side of herself that shows she's good as a possible Queen then I'll eat my words but I don't think that'll happen and as a British subject that comes before anything. I couldn't care less whether she's attractive, whether she loves William, whether she's after his money etc etc - first and foremost, above everything, she has to have a sense of duty and she has to show and prove that she will be a good Queen.

Thank you for the quick answer.
BeatrixFan said:
I've never seen her smile.
Well I can think of many pictures of her smiling. Particularly some taken few days after she had her layers sending 'threats' to the newspapers. She was smiling like a Cheshire cat and happily posing for the paps while doing her shopping. I found that slightly contradictory but hey! I don't have to deal with the press, so who knows what I would be doing at her place?
She doesn't have a public presence and I don't say that from clips of her wandering down a street with her head down, I say that from clips of her at weddings, the Windsor Horse Show etc where she seems to be sulky and generally boring.
I totally agree with that part but since I have never seen her appeal (she epitomizes Plain Jane for me), I am probably biased.
If she suddenly brightens up and seems jolly and shows a side of herself that shows she's good as a possible Queen then I'll eat my words but I don't think that'll happen and as a British subject that comes before anything.
That's interesting. Can you tell us what is the feeling about Kate around you? My English friends don't even know who she is. :D

Last edited:
Do you mean how other people I come into contact with percieve her?

BeatrixFan said:
Do you mean how other people I come into contact with percieve her?
Yes Please.

Well, my 'set' ,if I can be as pompous to refer to them as such, don't like her very much. But we're not really Wills fans. Generally, they don't see her as a future Queen more as his latest bit of skirt. She's thought to be boring and Wills is very boring so the match isn't a good one. She's also rather sulky and sullen which doesn't go in her favour.

argh :confused:
ugly and losing hair?
perferct combination
lol lol lol
well, beauty is not the most important thing right now :cool:

I like Kate but I also dont think she is Princess or Queen material. When she was trying on the dresses she didnt look like a princess. She is very pretty but she doesnt have a presence. If William is anything like his father then his wife will be the making of him. William is boring and he will need an exiting wife.

Princejohnny25 said:
I like Kate but I also dont think she is Princess or Queen material. When she was trying on the dresses she didnt look like a princess. She is very pretty but she doesnt have a presence. If William is anything like his father then his wife will be the making of him. William is boring and he will need an exiting wife.
´

I agree with you, I thing in the end of this whole thing... William will not marry Kate

Princejohnny25 said:

I agree with everything except, I don't think he needs an exciting wife. We had all that with his mother (well exciting for some, dread for others). All he needs is someone who will love him for being William, not Prince William. They have been dating for two years and you don't get the sense of them being a couple.
Still, at least a divorce should be easier next time!:D

I'm not asking for a stage show like we had with Diana, but a little bit of personality would be a blessing.

I didn't mean you BeatrixFan.
I also think she needs some personality.

No worries dear. When I look at William I see a long face and grey suit. When I see Kate I see a grey face and a long suit. They are both so bland as people and need a bit of fire. Ingrid Seward says that royal couples work when one partner has a character trait the other one doesn't. So for example, Queen Sofia is very emotional and shows her emotions, is very hands on and tactful whereas Juan Carlos is a little more reserved and regal. But more importantly, they need personality (you have my permission to launch into a Lena Zavaroni rendition of 'personality' if you so wish) and I don't see that in either William or Kate. He needs a girl who can bring a bit of glamour without overshadowing him.

What?

Princejohnny25 said:

What dresses?

Princess Maxima said:
HOLA! magazine sais today that the Bckingham Palace will soon announce the engagement of Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton

This is pure nonsense. William is not going to propose to Kate anytime soon. He is far too young and has many serious responsibilities ahead of him for the next few years. He is the spare to the throne and must carry out his duty to the Crown.

Kate Middleton may or may not be deemed suitable for marriage to a future king, which would be the decision of others, including The Queen, the Prime Minister, the Archbishop of Canterbury and senior members of Parliament.

William's marriage is a matter of state and has many hurdles to cross before approval would be granted by all concerned.

Paula** said:
´

I agree with you, I thing in the end of this whole thing... William will not marry Kate

That is my opinion as well. I don't think William will marry her because she is not of sufficient background and character to bear heirs and become Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

If the past Prince of Wales' are any indication who they marry, Kate has a good chance of marrying William. Edward and Charles married for love. Charles made the mistake with Lady Diana, but he is happy with Camilla now. I think William and kate are in love and are going slowly with the relationship.:)

That is my opinion as well. I don't think William will marry her because she is not of sufficient background and character to bear heirs and become Princess of Wales and Queen Consort.

It's been a while since I posted....but I feel inspired by this post. I really don't have strong feelings either way. But, I have to say that these days background and character are really not all that important. Anybody has a chance really, that is if they can find a prince to fall in love with them.:)

Donna B.:cool:

But, I have to say that these days background and character are really not all that important

It is to some of us. I don't want some common chavvy trucker's daughter as my Queen.

I agree, I don't think William will marry Kate, it's their first love and first loves are great but not all of them last, look at Felipe, Frederik, Haakon they all went to college, travelled a bit and looked around for the right woman. And who knows the pressure might become too great and kate might not want to deal with it. There's no way to fully know if they will get married but a feeling tells me they wont.

OMG, lol.

Can you imagine the opening of Parliament BFan? Glittering corncob tiara, shouts of, "HEY Y'ALL, Let's Get 'er Done!" :D

Donna B.

Eeek. Is it too much to ask that he falls in love with a Princess or someone else of reasonable quality? Princess Madeleine of Sweden would be perfect - where's royal cupid when you need him?

BeatrixFan said:
I don't want some common chavvy trucker's daughter as my Queen.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news- I somehow don't believe William will take your wishes into consideration when choosing a wife!

Don't you think that after the "Diana problem", Clarence House and Buck House will ensure that William's wife is a little better prepared to face public life? And failing this, don't you think William, after what he's seen within his own family, will demand things be different for himself?

If we listen to Williams words (the only true thing we have to speculate upon), it seems unlikely that he will marry any time soon and even less likely that the woman be a European princess- he's said publicly how much he is attracted to and yearns for "normal life". Seems that all of his girlfriends so far have been regular girls next door.

Eliza

Of course he won't. William seems to be hung up on Middleton. It angers me that he tells people to call him William and that he says he wants a normal life. He hasn't got a normal life - he will be a King one day and if he can't do his duty then he should get out now. To be frank, duty must come first. Not only with William, but with Harry, with Beatrice, with Eugenie etc etc. Their duty to this country has to come before their love lives. Thats the way its done.

BeatrixFan said:
It angers me that he tells people to call him William and that he says he wants a normal life. He hasn't got a normal life - he will be a King one day and if he can't do his duty then he should get out now. To be frank, duty must come first.

Why? Other European royals seem to be able to balance duty with some degree of normalcy. Denmark, and Norway are prime examples. Why must it different for William?

I also don't see why Beatrice and Eugenie are placed on the same level of duty as William and Harry- they are too far down the line of succession and I don't think that's a fair parallel to draw. I think it's a waste of national resources to limit their lives to forced royal duty. As a taxpayer, wouldn't you rather they supported themselves (and had their own lives) instead of your hard-earned dollars?

Other royal families limit the number of royals in the "inner" circle of royal duties. I think this is responsible and fair.

Eliza

azile1710 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news- I somehow don't believe William will take your wishes into consideration when choosing a wife!

Don't you think that after the "Diana problem", Clarence House and Buck House will ensure that William's wife is a little better prepared to face public life? And failing this, don't you think William, after what he's seen within his own family, will demand things be different for himself?

If we listen to Williams words (the only true thing we have to speculate upon), it seems unlikely that he will marry any time soon and even less likely that the woman be a European princess- he's said publicly how much he is attracted to and yearns for "normal life". Seems that all of his girlfriends so far have been regular girls next door.

Eliza

William will never have a normal life when his duty is to become King. That's just the way it goes and he knows that. I am not convinced he would be allowed to marry a true commoner the way his uncle or Fredrik of Denmark did.

The pressure on him from the Household and the Establishment will be to marry an appropriate British aristocrat to ensure the blood royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom