Prince William Current Events 6: November 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William has been in training to run estates and all sorts apparently, has anyone got any more news on that?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
When does william start his training at Sandhurst. Is it right after Christmas or shoud I say the holidays.(Sorry there is a big debat in the US on the topic) Poor thing, he is going to have to start in his training in winter. Talk about adding to your stresses.

Princejonnhy25 said:
When does william start his training at Sandhurst. Is it right after Christmas or shoud I say the holidays.(Sorry there is a big debat in the US on the topic) Poor thing, he is going to have to start in his training in winter. Talk about adding to your stresses.

He is doing a stint with Mountain Rescue before going to Sandhurst but, he does start on the 8th January 2006.:)

Last edited:
doesent he enter Sandhurst the day after or before Harry begins his final term

Skydragon said:
He is doing a stint with Mountain Rescue before going to Sandhurst but, he does start on the 8th January 2006.:)
I think he gave up on that( the mountain rescue thing).

Royal Fan said:
doesent he enter Sandhurst the day after or before Harry begins his final term

I think it's the day before!:)

segolen said:
I think he gave up on that( the mountain rescue thing).

Looks like it, he won't have time before the seasonal holidays. Definately the wrong time of year to be doing Mountain Rescue.

Actually there was a recent article saying that he is going to be staying with a team for a forthnight (?) I'll try to find a link.

sara1981 said:
William may turn to human rights court to protect Kate
I hope he is successful. Have they not learned anything? Lets hope their readers support William by NOT buying the papers!

sara1981 said:
William may turn to human rights court to protect Kate
Are you kidding?? Human rights should focus on HUMAN RIGHTS not "Save Kate Middleton from being photographed." Why are they ALWAYS complaining. I seriously think she should break up with him or he should step down from the throne, because this whole "Leave me alone" thing is getting a little annoying.:)

Well, is not that he has any crown to step down from. Yet.

I think they are in their full right to say"Leave us alone when we go about doing private things." That is what royalty all over Europe has always been saying. Their public lives are very public and they don't mind. But it's important for them to have some private life away from the papers. That is not hard to understand.

I couldn't find the exact article I was talking about earlier. But this article tells a little more about his mountain stint. It is defintely still on.

Prince William During Work Experience At RAF Valley - Decmeber 7, 2005 - December 07, 2005
(pictures from Wireimage)

Prince William during work experience at RAF Valley in Anglesey, North Wales, December 7, 2005. The Prince, kitted out in a jumpsuit and yellow helmet, piloted a Hawk fighter jet over the mountains of Snowdonia during the final leg of his autumn of work experience.

Attachments

• raf1.jpg
    raf1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 142
  • raf2.jpg
    raf2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 170
  • raf3.jpg
    raf3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 179
  • raf4.jpg
    raf4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 144
I am confused. Are they talking about the same event? It's weird, the articles from the other day made it sound like part of his work-experience and had a positive tone. The ones from today are negative and say it was because of his boots? (According to theroyalist.net). Are they talking about two seperate instances or the same thing?

regardez said:
I am confused. Are they talking about the same event? It's weird, the articles from the other day made it sound like part of his work-experience and had a positive tone. The ones from today are negative and say it was because of his boots? Are they talking about two seperate instances or the same thing?
The same. If he had taken off and landed at the same airport the tabloid press could claim that Wills had flown round in circles, at taxpayers' expense. If he had met up with Kate the tabloids would have claimed he had used a Royal Air Force jet for a "secret love tryst" (at taxpayers' expense). Another tabloid angle on this story could be that William "indulged himself with a joyflight" (at taxpayers' expense). Take your pick, but keep in mind that today's tabloid newspapers are tomorrow's fish and chip wrappers.

Warren said:
The same. If he had taken off and landed at the same airport the tabloid press could claim that Wills had flown round in circles, at taxpayers' expense. If he had met up with Kate the tabloids would have claimed he had used a Royal Air Force jet for a "secret love tryst" (at taxpayers' expense). Another tabloid angle on this story could be that William "indulged himself with a joyflight" (at taxpayers' expense). Take your pick, but keep in mind that today's tabloid newspapers are tomorrow's fish and chip wrappers.

Are we sure it was not just a case of the plane was going to RAF Lyneham anyway and he was lucky enough to get a 'free' ride.
After all the government wants us to take a passenger in our cars, so if there was a spare seat......:)

If that's the case, I wonder how many other cadet candidates have been ferried down to Sandhurst to be kitted out? He's a prince, he's received preferential treatment, and naturally the RAF will cover for him. :rolleyes:

Mona said:
If that's the case, I wonder how many other cadet candidates have been ferried down to Sandhurst to be kitted out? He's a prince, he's received preferential treatment, and naturally the RAF will cover for him. :rolleyes:
Before we get too caught up in the tabloid frenzy, let's remember that William was on "work experience", and part of the experience was obviously a flight in an RAF jet fighter. Preferential treatment? Of course. William is not an "other cadet candidate", he is a future King and will be treated accordingly.

Mona said:

One of my sons was ferried up to Lossiemouth to collect an award. If the plane is going there anyway, the CO will normally try to help out. These jet pilots have to keep training, so does it really matter if, as a future King, he gets an extra 'jolly'.:) I'm jealous not annoyed.:)

Warren said:
Before we get too caught up in the tabloid frenzy, let's remember that William was on "work experience", and part of the experience was obviously a flight in an RAF jet fighter. Preferential treatment? Of course. William is not an "other cadet candidate", he is a future King and will be treated accordingly.

Right Warren. If people are going to get so caught up in royals being treated like everybody else, they might as well not have a monarchy.

wonder if he will do a stint in the RAF

sara1981 said:
Wills in boots dash row
If he had really needed his boots so desperately, he would have had then sent, or had a valet fetch them. Hardly necessary for Wills to go and get them himself!

Warren said:
If he had really needed his boots so desperately, he would have had then sent, or had a valet fetch them. Hardly necessary for Wills to go and get them himself!

As with any Officer Cadet, he has to fill in forms and sign for the boots himself. The headline there would have been 'William flaunts college rules'.

It is a regular thing, if there is a spare seat available, the CO will try to accomodate any RAF personel who have requested a lift to another base.

Didn't the RAF give a children in need singer a trip in one of the jets a couple of weeks ago at taxpayers expense? I didn't see anyone complaining about that or it making headline news that 100's of RAF personel were ordered to help with the arrangements for that show.

I'd probably question the CO's judgement if he had allowed the RAF jet to fly straight to Highgrove. The trip sounds like a routine training run. I don't see the problem with Will hitching a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom