Prince William Current Events 5: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will at Tom Parker Bowels wedding from Getty images

Administrator's Note: As the pictures from Tom Parker Bowles' wedding have been posted in a separate thread in the weddings forum, and to save on bandwidth, the attachments in this post have been removed. If you'd like to post them in this thread, please upload them via your Photobucket/Image Shack account or link. Please do not re-post the pictures, thus draining our bandwidth even further. --Alexandria

Last edited by a moderator:
In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such photobucket or imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

Princely Night with William and Kate
(from AbsolutelyWilliam yahoo group)
Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton recently checked out some
London hot spots and exotic dining. At tony restaurant-club The
Collection, in the city's Chelsea neighborhood, the royal ate African
antelope and sipped red wine, while Middleton enjoyed margaritas among
a group of friends.

After leaving the eatery at around 11 p.m., the Prince and his posse
headed to club Purple, where he "was pretty chilled out. It wasn't
anything crazy. He wasn't dancing on the podiums or anything," says a
partygoer. And William graciously greeted well-wishers who came up to
him in the VIP section. "He didn't seem to be getting annoyed at all,"
the source told us. "He was actually quite pleasant to everybody."

The royal was especially attentive to his ladylove. "They seemed very
much into each other," says the partygoer. "She was sitting on his lap
for a while." The crew then took off at around 1 a.m.

katetit.gif
... HELLO! 20 SEPTEMBER 2005

There is growing expectation that Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton are about to take their relationship to the next level by making their first official public appearance together. The news comes in the wake of newspaper reports that the second-in-line's partner has also attended two private dinners with the Queen, who is said to have given her seal of approval to the relationship.

CompleteStory

I'm not sure what I would do in this situation: one the one hand, if I'd been dating someone for 4 years, and still had to leave clubs, weddings, etc separately, it would make me crazy.

On the other hand, does she know that, once this honeymoon with the press is over, she'll be questioned over every expense (taxpayers pay for Kate's vacation, clothes, home, etc.), her physical appearance critiqued, and her relationship constantly scrutinzed (Wills cheats on Kate, Kate cheats on Wills, she's pregnant and Wills forced to marry, etc.).

I guess that not attending events together is not that big a deal, they can arrive and leave at different times but behind closed doors be a couple.

I suppose it is a small price to pay for all the good things they get to do together.

Personally I would be very dissapointed if William married within the next five years, I think he should enjoy his life as a single man as long as he can.

I think this whole Kate and William marrying topic is totally out of hand, I am sure he will have plenty more women (who the press will thing is "the one") before he does actually settle down.

Most of the recently married Princes were in their 30's when they did indeed marry and I think that is a good thing, they have lots of experiences and when they meet their future bride they are sure about her.

I don;t think it would be so bad for Kate, I mean she was a uni for the last 4 years so she would not have wanted to be going to social events with William.

Princess Mary was a woman of the World and had to stay in Prince Frederik's shadow for 4 years, so it can be done.

Even if William and Kate do end up marrying I hope it will not be for some time to come.

I actually thought she looked quite good in that photo and wish we could see more...

Britters said:
I actually thought she looked quite good in that photo and wish we could see more...
Xposure agency own this photo, maybe in a few days they will have them on their site for the public to see.
I think the dress is fine, I think Kate gets away with it as she has not got a big chest, if she did they would be spilling out and then it might look slutty.

There was a small piece on The Today Show about whether Kate and William are getting engaged soon. The main part of the piece featured Dickie Arbiter (and I assume he still has an "in" with the royals). Dickie says that they aren't getting engaged any time soon and, additionally, William was concerned about the media swarming Kate (like they did with Diana, Fergie, Sophie and Camilla) and that's why Kate was given some training on how to deal with it.

William

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY kpusa1981

When did Prince William do the Offical trip to NZ?
When did he supposedly go to Africa?
When did he get back to England from the supposed trip to Africa?
Could CH have kept it secret since his brother is at Sandhurst?

I didn't see this photo posted so here it is from newscom.com:

Attachments

• sipaphotos272760.jpg
    sipaphotos272760.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 197
where does william live
has he the apartment at andrews still

Harry to...

William will be taking his RCB in October. Why would and how can Harry help William train when Officer Cadet Wales (Harry) is training at Sandhurst?

kpusa1981 said:
William will be taking his RCB in October. Why would and how can Harry help William train when Officer Cadet Wales (Harry) is training at Sandhurst?
He can help him by telling Will some rules, and what to expect. So Will doesn't go in completely blind like Harry did. Remember Harry's shock at clothes thing? Harry can teach Will different things like that.

Prince William Portrait to be sold

From the Daily mail

Prince William portrait to fetch £100,000

The only life portrait of Prince William is to go on sale this week. The rare study of the second-in-line to the throne when he was 17 was painted by artist John Wonnacott in preparation for a group picture of the royal family to celebrate the late Queen Mother's 100th birthday.

It will be put on public display for the first time on Wednesday at Agnew's gallery in Mayfair, London, alongside Wonnacott's other preliminary works. Two pictures of the Queen Mother and one of the six royals in the final image - the Queen, the Queen Mother, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and Princes William and Harry - will also be available for collectors to buy.

Attachments

• williamportraitPA260905_100x110.jpg
    williamportraitPA260905_100x110.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 596
other article... from people.co.uk.com
Fury As Wills Snubs Army Career...

Prince William has turned his back on Army Career-sparking a bitter row with his dad Charles.The 23 year old has told his friends he would rather do charity work than follow brother Harry to Sandhurst.

But His father suspects Wills changed his mind because he does not want to miss the FA Cup final at the new Wembley Stadium and the World cup in Germany next year..

full article: http://www.people.co.uk/news/

:confused: which one true story which to believe the stort between "Wills Drills Army Place" and "Fury as Wills Snubs Army Career"???????

Prince William Current Events part 6

Harry's polo shirt said:
What is a 2:1 degree in American terms?
There is no way to truly compare the the American degrees to the Scottish or English counterparts. This is because the pupil usually just studies a Degree Course ie History so unless the pupil decides to take a few courses out side of the degree they become an expert in that subject.
This is how it is at set up at St Andrews.
From the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Prospectus Entry 2005:
Year 1: 6 Sublects
6 modules each 20 credits
Year 2: 6 Subjects
6 modules each 20 credits
Year 3: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120
Year 4: 2 Subjects
Modules to total 120
grade scale
1st: 70% + overall
2.1: 60-70% overall
2.2: 50-60% overall
3rd: 40-50% overall
Pass: 35-40% overall
Fail: less than 35% overall
THe courses aere set in in module fromns this way:
This is from JennLlama from:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119191 she told me I could qoute her he is atteneding an English University.
This is just a partal quote
Ah I see - I misunderstood! My modules work as follows:
Each year you have to take 120 'CATS' with each module being worth a varying amount of CATS - in Computer Science usually 6 or 12 and in Engineering usually 7.5 or 15 at my university, though arts modules tend to be 24 or 30 CATS so they only study around 4 modules a year. You can choose to do slightly more than 120 CATS if you want (e.g. I'm doing 139.5 CATS this year across 12 modules) to enable you to take slightly more broad options. For each course in each year, there are certain 'core' modules which you have to take and then approved option modules which you can make up the rest of your CATS from. Alternatively, if there is a module in another department that you'd like to take, you can apply to do it as an 'unusual option' and usually if you have the requisite knowledge and a good reason for doing it ("it's easy" doesn't cut it
tongue.gif
) then they'll let you.
A 4th year student "Arthur" takes a 40 CATS Modules Disseration. How would get up to the 120 CATS Modules would he havr to take? This is what I was gettting at. Are "Subjects" different then the CATS modules?
This is how is t is set up at St Andrews whrer Prince William attend

From the University of St Andrews Undergraduate Prospectus Entry 2005:
Year 1: 6 Sublects
Year 2: 6 Subjects
Year 3: 2 SubjectsA 4th year student "Arthur" takes a 40 CATS Modules Disseration. How would get up to the 120 CATS Modules would he havr to take? This is what I was gettting at. Are "Subjects" different then the CATS modules?Jemmxx
hope this helps you Hary's polo shirt.

kpusa1981 said:
There is no way to truly compare the the American degrees to the Scottish or English counterparts. This is because the pupil usually just studies a Degree Course ie History so unless the pupil decides to take a few courses out side of the degree they become an expert in that subject.

THe courses aere set in in module fromns this way:
This is from JennLlama from:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=119191 she told me I could qoute her he is atteneding an English University.
This is just a partal quote
If you use a 4.00 GPA and just coverted it the his GPA would have been 2.40 to 2.76. However the work that he had to do included all wriiten essays exams and and 50,000 word dissertation in both 3rd Year (Junior year in the USA) and another dissertation of equal size in 4th year ( Senior Year in the USA). In most ot the courses that he took the Course work was either33% or 40% of the final mark and the exams at the end of each unit and or the term were 60 or 67% of the final mark.

Harry's polo shirt said:
that is an ugly portrait.

I saw the whole painting (with the family group) and I think it's quite good. It's kind of moody, but he's looking down at the Queen Mother. IMO it's the artist's way of showing William contemplating the past and his own future.

I think Wikipedia gives a great definition. "Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) "
Also:
Spam's canned as William ploughs a familiar furrow
By Katie Nicholl, Mail on Sunday. Sept 25 2005.. edited

Prince William has agreed to do the land management part of his 'work
experience' on his father's Duchy Estate and will start next week. The
23-year-old Prince, who will also enjoy a stint in the City before
going to Sandhurst next year, had seriously considered working for
Lord 'Spam' Vestey and even visited his 6,000-acre Stowell Park estate
in Gloucestershire earlier this year, say Royal insiders.

regardez said:
I think Wikipedia gives a great definition. "Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) "
That gives a good of the Upper Second or a 2:1.
Harry's polo shirt
What is a 2:1 degree in American terms?
What are you asking wahy his GPA would have been in America? I tried to answer your question with the that explation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_MA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Arts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Arts
http://www.gla.ac.uk:443/studying/ug/prospectus2006/faculty.cfm?id=1http://www.gla.ac.uk:443/studying/ug/prospectus2006/faculty.cfm?id=1http://www.gla.ac.uk:443/studying/ug/prospectus2006/faculty.cfm?id=1
http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/history/Honours/hanbook01-02.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom