The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Prince William Current Events 6: September-November 2005

Welcome to part 6 of the Current Events thread for Prince William.

The old thread is here:

Prince William Current Events 5: June-September 2005

Old 09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Will at Tom Parker Bowels wedding from Getty images

Administrator's Note: As the pictures from Tom Parker Bowles' wedding have been posted in a separate thread in the weddings forum, and to save on bandwidth, the attachments in this post have been removed. If you'd like to post them in this thread, please upload them via your Photobucket/Image Shack account or link. Please do not re-post the pictures, thus draining our bandwidth even further. --Alexandria

"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
One photo here
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Diana's role for William,,2-2005420543,00.html
Old 09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Prince William to become president of Football Association

Wills to be FA President,,2-2005430245,00.html
Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such photobucket or imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Princely Night with William and Kate
(from AbsolutelyWilliam yahoo group)
Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton recently checked out some
London hot spots and exotic dining. At tony restaurant-club The
Collection, in the city's Chelsea neighborhood, the royal ate African
antelope and sipped red wine, while Middleton enjoyed margaritas among
a group of friends.

After leaving the eatery at around 11 p.m., the Prince and his posse
headed to club Purple, where he "was pretty chilled out. It wasn't
anything crazy. He wasn't dancing on the podiums or anything," says a
partygoer. And William graciously greeted well-wishers who came up to
him in the VIP section. "He didn't seem to be getting annoyed at all,"
the source told us. "He was actually quite pleasant to everybody."

The royal was especially attentive to his ladylove. "They seemed very
much into each other," says the partygoer. "She was sitting on his lap
for a while." The crew then took off at around 1 a.m.
now that the lilacs are in bloom,
she keeps a bowl of lilacs in her room
Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent
... HELLO! 20 SEPTEMBER 2005

There is growing expectation that Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton are about to take their relationship to the next level by making their first official public appearance together. The news comes in the wake of newspaper reports that the second-in-line's partner has also attended two private dinners with the Queen, who is said to have given her seal of approval to the relationship.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure what I would do in this situation: one the one hand, if I'd been dating someone for 4 years, and still had to leave clubs, weddings, etc separately, it would make me crazy.

On the other hand, does she know that, once this honeymoon with the press is over, she'll be questioned over every expense (taxpayers pay for Kate's vacation, clothes, home, etc.), her physical appearance critiqued, and her relationship constantly scrutinzed (Wills cheats on Kate, Kate cheats on Wills, she's pregnant and Wills forced to marry, etc.).
Old 09-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I guess that not attending events together is not that big a deal, they can arrive and leave at different times but behind closed doors be a couple.

I suppose it is a small price to pay for all the good things they get to do together.

Personally I would be very dissapointed if William married within the next five years, I think he should enjoy his life as a single man as long as he can.

I think this whole Kate and William marrying topic is totally out of hand, I am sure he will have plenty more women (who the press will thing is "the one") before he does actually settle down.

Most of the recently married Princes were in their 30's when they did indeed marry and I think that is a good thing, they have lots of experiences and when they meet their future bride they are sure about her.

I don;t think it would be so bad for Kate, I mean she was a uni for the last 4 years so she would not have wanted to be going to social events with William.

Princess Mary was a woman of the World and had to stay in Prince Frederik's shadow for 4 years, so it can be done.

Even if William and Kate do end up marrying I hope it will not be for some time to come.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:53 AM
and more article....from sun I don't like her dress and she amde her sexy look.. gross.....,,2-2005430604,00.html
Old 09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by karla64
and more article....from sun I don't like her dress and she amde her sexy look.. gross.....,,2-2005430604,00.html
Nice article thank you. Yes, she's sexy in that dress but I personnally find it quite ok. Nothing vulgar or trashy there.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I actually thought she looked quite good in that photo and wish we could see more...
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Britters
I actually thought she looked quite good in that photo and wish we could see more...
Xposure agency own this photo, maybe in a few days they will have them on their site for the public to see.
I think the dress is fine, I think Kate gets away with it as she has not got a big chest, if she did they would be spilling out and then it might look slutty.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
There was a small piece on The Today Show about whether Kate and William are getting engaged soon. The main part of the piece featured Dickie Arbiter (and I assume he still has an "in" with the royals). Dickie says that they aren't getting engaged any time soon and, additionally, William was concerned about the media swarming Kate (like they did with Diana, Fergie, Sophie and Camilla) and that's why Kate was given some training on how to deal with it.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

When did Prince William do the Offical trip to NZ?
When did he supposedly go to Africa?
When did he get back to England from the supposed trip to Africa?
Could CH have kept it secret since his brother is at Sandhurst?
Old 09-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I didn't see this photo posted so here it is from
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sipaphotos272760.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	199914  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:48 AM
where does william live
has he the apartment at andrews still
Old 09-26-2005, 01:19 AM