Prince William Current Events 5: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polop said:
What exactly is he suppose to do, considering he has a degree and everything? If he wanted to go the military academy in the first place, why did he go to St. Andrews? (not sure about the spelling!:eek: )Oh, just a question, does prince william have to pay tuition to go to college? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

I believe he would have to pay tuition because St. Andrew's is private. Maybe it was a state university, he could have gone for free. I don't know. I think when he picked St. Andrew's, he was thinking that he was interested in art history and not really sure about what to do. Maybe it was a decision based on a desire to buy some time to think further about the military or anything else he might want to do. Then I guess he found art history at uni-level to be boring or too hard so he thought about dropping out, but Kate convinced him to just change his major. Right? That's the standing story from the popular press, anyway. ;)

I suppose the bank internship will teach him skills and concepts that he'll use when he has to oversee the royal assets.

Harry's polo shirt said:
He probably doing in memory of his mother.

Or maybe, in succession of many of his ancestors, he just likes ballerinas. :eek:

He and uncle Edward should have lots of behind the scene chats over christmas now.

Will's army tests

From The Sun

Wills in army, Dad's Army

By DUNCAN LARCOMBE
Royal Correspondent

PRINCE William looks like he’s in training for Captain Mainwaring’s Home Guard as he breezes through gruelling Army entry tests.

The 23-year-old future King resembled a hapless member of the bungling Dad’s Army platoon while being put through his paces yesterday.

Boy, they sure are keeping him hopping busy there, stage hand one day and army drills the next.

He's doing all this while also reporting for duty at the investment bank in London? He isn't going to have much time to concentrate on any of it if he's doing all this stuff at once.

Wow :eek: !!!!....Can u picture him with his hair shaved?...'Cause I can't! :D

Re:

I wonder why William and Harry have avoided the Navy?

New pics of Will doing army training....Newscom

sipaphotos314341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Or maybe, in succession of many of his ancestors, he just likes ballerinas. :eek:

That's the ticket.

My brother, a police officer, enjoyed it immensely when he was detailed to do security at a ballet competition. He was surrounded by many pretty women, and they fed the police officers very well! (My mother was disappointed he didn't bring a dancer home as a girlfriend.)

Its not really a big suprise. It had been expected and he has now been accepted. The officers testing him said they were suprised by his natural leader skills and strength. Im glad William has joined the army. It is excellent training for his future role.

Perhaps it might give him some of the direction and discipline he hasn't needed until now. (And enable him to become a full-time Royal, rather than the student prince.)

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that he had the ability to do it, he's in good shape and we all know he's intellectually smart.

Gossip

From the Sun
Prince Harry salute joke

trans.gif
CHEEKY Prince Harry texted his congratulations to brother William on winning an Army place yesterday — and joked: “You’d better learn to salute.”

When William, 23, goes to Sandhurst in January, Harry, 21, will outrank him for at least six months — so he will have to salute his younger brother every time he sees Harry in uniform.

Thanks for the pics -) , Ellie2

The sec one is great, but the third one cracks me up :-0. He looks like an acrobat in a circus

He needs make to make up his mind...I think he is just lost and doesn't know what to do with himself-he wants a career in something but doesn't know what-maybe military will help him find himself and give him meaning or something.

In the new pics, I like his sneakers. They're so cute on him. I know I'm weird. :p

By the way, in response to Harry's Polo Shirt (hehe, that sounds funny) I think people thought the same of Prince Charles in the 70s. Charles was all over the board the same way William is now. In the 80s, the media really made fun of him for this because one day, he was a vegetarian, the next day he was hunting, the next day it was all about architecture, then he was talking to plants.... Charles has said a few times that being Prince of Wales is one of the toughest jobs because it has no precise definition. You have to go along for the ride and do things, try things, but you don't have a set "job" to do when you're Prince of Wales. It's a messy and incoherent role to have. :confused:

Last edited:
So according to Prince Charles being The Prince of Wales is like being a normal person...

Harry's polo shirt said:
So according to Prince Charles being The Prince of Wales is like being a normal person...

I think you may be right in a sense, but it's complicated by the fact that the role of the Prince of Wales is so ambiguous. We can go to college and train to be a certain thing, but what training is necessary to be Prince of Wales? Well, yes, you might say they need to be good at public speaking. They need social skills. They need diplomatic training. Yet they have all these invitations to be on the board of this, on the committee for this, that and the other. There's no rule for which invitations they accept. They just have to figure out which ones they are interested in. So this is where their personal style comes in. For someone William's age, this is a daunting task because he's still learning what his personal style is. He hasn't defined his views completely yet on every issue. Nor has he made any final decisions about what he wants to devote his time too.He has far more options and fewer restrictions than the average person, and that's a blessing in a sense, but it's a lot of pressure too. With all those options, how can you decide? How can you find yourself?

It is a very difficult job being the Prince of Wales. Their is the obvious training to be the future monarch but there is no set rule for what a Prince of Wales is to do. Charles has done a great job defining the title for himself and know William is figuring out how he will make the title fit him. If wales gets a full parliment rather than an assembly, I would love to see a Welsh Opening of Parliment with the full welsh regalia. That would be nice. Prince Charles in his coronet and robes. That would be great training for the Opening of the British Parliment.

Did you know Will wears contact lenses?

From the Sunday Mirror

WILLS WANTS LASER EYE OP
Prince desperate not to wear specs
By Ben Harvey
PRINCE William is planning to have controversial laser eye surgery so he doesn't have to wear specs.

The 23-year-old is considering undergoing the surgery in the next few months after seeing a consultant at the world-renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. The op involves slicing the front of the eye and training a laser on the exposed cornea.

William's main worry is it may put his Army career in jeopardy - potential recruits can't apply to sign up until at least a year after surgery.

A royal source said last night: "William has found out he may have to wear glasses full-time and he's been very keen to explore the possibility of laser eye surgery.

"He's gone into hospital and seen a consultant, who's explained how it works and the risks involved.

"He knows it's controversial and there are issues with joining the Army but he's positive about the idea."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom