Prince William Current Events 5: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kpusa1981 said:
If you use a 4.00 GPA and just coverted it the his GPA would have been 2.40 to 2.76. However the work that he had to do included all wriiten essays exams and and 50,000 word dissertation in both 3rd Year (Junior year in the USA) and another dissertation of equal size in 4th year ( Senior Year in the USA). In most ot the courses that he took the Course work was either33% or 40% of the final mark and the exams at the end of each unit and or the term were 60 or 67% of the final mark.
I think it's unjust to convert to GPA like that, because in the American system you can have a GPA of 4 but in the British system you can't never ever have full grade. The maximum is 80% I think and it's very rare. So I would say his GPA was rather something like 3-3.5.

Thanks for the contributions and explanations about William's course everyone.

Now I think it an appropriate time to move on to other discussions lest we get stuck in the GPA groove.

Warren

Warren said:
Thanks for the contributions and explanations about William's course everyone.

Now I think it an appropriate time to move on to other discussions lest we get stuck in the GPA groove.
From the Sun
William down on the farm

PRINCE William is off to work on his dad’s farm.

The Prince will study land management on the Duchy of Cornwall estate. Before Wills, 23, goes to Sandhurst in January, he will also work in the City of London and join a mountain rescue team.

He said: “The placements will give me hands-on experience.”

Thank you sooo much Kpusa1981!! That helped alot.

I wonder what the "hands on experience" is for, that Will is talking about. vbmenu_register("postmenu_291300", true);

Prince William Current Events part 6

Idriel said:
I think it's unjust to convert to GPA like that, because in the American system you can have a GPA of 4 but in the British system you can't never ever have full grade. The maximum is 80% I think and it's very rare. So I would say his GPA was rather something like 3-3.5.
The way I figureed it was to just take the precentage 0.60*4.0 to 0.69*4.0. I believe that what I said it was most likely higher ot atleast I ment to say that.

Thank you, but we really do need to move on.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

Back to subject: second attempt...

Warren said:
Thank you, but we really do need to move on.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

From the Daily Record

FARMER PRINCE
PRINCE William began his working life yesterday - as a farmer.

Wills is learning how to run his father's Duchy of Cornwall estate in Gloucestershire.

The move was the first step towards a career in countryside management which the 23-year-old heir to the throne intends to follow.

A royal aide said: "William has done his first day's work and he loved it.

"He has a passion for the countryside and it's not unfair to call him the farmer prince

British artist John Wonnacot poses by a portrait he painted of Prince William before the prince's birthday in 1999, and a portrait of the late Queen Mother also painted in 1999, at a gallery in London 27 September 2005. The Prince's portrait has not been displayed publicly before and will go on sale 28 September 2005..Newscom

painting.jpg

painting1.jpg

William's portrait sold

William's £100,000 portrait sold on day one

The only life portrait of Prince William, which went on sale today, has been snapped up already by a mystery buyer.

An as yet unnamed collector reserved the painting at the £100,000 asking price at the start of the week following publicity about the historic image. Showing a 17-year-old William in Eton dress, the 3ft by 4ft oil on canvas piece was painted by John Wonnacott in preparation for a group picture of the royal family to celebrate the late Queen Mother's 100th birthday.

I wonder who bought it?..Might be a rich female fan! :D

the portraits without watermarks from hellomagazine.
i think both look wonderful...

Attachments

• wills-dop1a.jpg
    wills-dop1a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 180
  • wills-dop2a.jpg
    wills-dop2a.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 214
I think that dress puts to rest all the back and forth slinging over whether Kate is good looking.

Thank you for posting the rest of the pictures from that night!

oh god hes so amazing so cute so hot, I cant believe he'll marry Kate =/
my heart is broken =((((((((((( lol
I love william, hes my favorite royal :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great new photos. (If they were posted before, I never saw them...)

I don't mean to sound silly or dumb, but what's the JJB board?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
William celebrate Ollie's return

From the Sun

Wills the pints of Wales

trans.gif

PRINCE William downed a lager — the first time he has been pictured knocking back a pint.

The 23-year-old royal was supposed to be doing work experience on an estate owned by his dad, the Prince of Wales.

But he took a day off Friday to drink with chums at a pub on the quayside in Falmouth, Cornwall. They started at lunchtime — and Wills was still sinking beers with friends at teatime. Truly the Prince of ales.

Pictures from Rex

tbhrc said:
Don't know if these already have been posted....From JJB board
Not to sound mean or anything, but with all the money and fame he has, you would think he could do better?

Harry's polo shirt said:
He looks so thin! He did look healthy (not fat) he looked normal for his height. Him and Harry both have always been so thin.
http://tinypic.com/e5o4gi.jpg,
Yeah, they were thin, but William has lost a LOT OF WEIGHT!Oh my, I never knew he was THAT thin!:eek:

polop said:
Not to sound mean or anything, but with all the money and fame he has, you would think he could do better?
I totally agree. That stripped shirt looks a bit cheap.

What do you think Warren?;)

Idriel said:
What's wrong with his shirt?..It looks fine to me...

Idriel said:
What do you think Warren?;)
I wouldn't wear it, but apparently striped shirts are very "now".
:)

runaway princess said:
What's wrong with his shirt?..It looks fine to me...
It was kind of a private joke between me and Warren. I don't care about what Wills wear... as long as it's open and shows off a lot of chest.

Prince WILLIAM looks on as Oliver Hicks returns to Falmouth, UK after his record breaking four month Solo Atlantic Ocean crossing...Newscom..

crossing.jpg
crossing1.jpg
crossing2.jpg

Thanks for the bigger version of those pictures. He looks like he is having a great time!

regardez said:
Thanks for the bigger version of those pictures. He looks like he is having a great time!

There's no other version I could do...:D ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom