The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

HOOLIE-GANS: Prince William mocked by locals, ambushed by water bombs Sunday, 12 June 2005 Lads throw water bombs at Wills in TV Mrs Hoolie's cottage; Prince is mocked by locals as he strolls around Balamory town

PRINCE William was ambushed by a pack of water-bomb throwing teenagers on TV's Balamory island.

Wills and pals arrived on remote Mull in the Hebrides and checked into a holiday cottage in the island's only town, Tobermory.

But they reckoned without local lads who amused themselves by hurling water-filled balloons over the fence and into their garden.

And when the teenagers spotted the Prince walking along the harbourfront, they shouted abuse at the future king.

Tobermory, famous for its brightly-coloured houses, is home to hit BBC children's show Balamory which features characters such as Pc Plum.

The cottage Wills, 22, was staying in is home to the show's schoolteacher Miss Hoolie. Shop worker Lewis Watson, 16, who lives next door, yesterday owned up to the water bomb prank.

Lewis said: "Tobermory's a quiet place and there's not much to do. We just did it for a bit of craic. I was out in the garden when I heard these really posh English accents over the hedgerow. It was all very la-di-da.

"Me and two of my friends thought it would be a laugh to play a joke on them. So we filled water balloons, hid down behind the hedge and threw them over towards the group sitting in the next garden.

"We heard a splash and all these posh voices shouting back at us. Next thing we knew there was a guy in a posh accent yelling 'What the bloody hell do you think you're playing at? We are trying to have a nice time here -you rascals.'"

Lewis added: "We didn't know who they were - just that they were posh and not from round here.

"It wasn't until after we had thrown the balloons that one of my friends called and said that Prince William was staying next door to me.

"We thought it was really funny - it's not every day you get to take the piss out of a future king." Wills and his pals were celebrating the end of their final exams at St Andrews University.

The next night Lewis and other teenagers were milling around at the harbourside when Wills strolled by.

Ben Bolton, 16, said: "We couldn't resist it. William was walking past the fishing tackle shop on the waterfront with around five or six of his friends.

"He was trying to remain anonymous, wearing dark shades with his baseball cap pulled down low. But all the girls were making a big fuss, running after him with their camera phones taking photos.

"There were around four or five of us across the street when he walked past. It was too good an opportunity to miss, so we started shouting in high-pitched posh English accents, 'William, William, William' and 'Daddy's boy'. We were all at it, shouting and teasing. There's nothing better than telling your friends, 'I've taken the p*** out of the future king of England'.

"It was all over in seconds as he kept on walking and offered no reaction."

One lad who'd been drinking staggered over to the startled prince and tried to have a word with him. But Wills walked on.

Ben added: "We've got nothing against the Royals. Wills' dad Prince Charles visited Tobermory High School a few years ago and he was a nice guy. But when you get the chance to take the mickey out of someone so famous you can't resist it."

During their four-day stay last week, Wills and friends enjoyed some hill walking and visits to the local Mishnish pub to watch the British Lions play on TV. The Prince was trailed by two Royal Protection officers wearing rugby shirts.

-WILLS was celebrating last night after getting a 2.1 in his geography degree. The Prince logged onto the internet at Clarence House to find out his grade. His father Charles only got a 2.2 history degree.

Jun 12 2005 Sunday Mirror
By Thomas Smith

Old 06-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princewilliam/

WILLS MAKES HISTORY WITH ST. ANDREWS DEGREE

13 JUNE 2005

Prince William out-achieved other members of the royal family yesterday, receiving a 2:1 in his geography Master of Arts degree from St Andrews.

"William got an upper second class honours," confirmed a Clarence House spokesperson. "He's delighted. Everyone is absolutely delighted. His father is very proud."

The 22-year-old prince pipped the academic record of other members of the royal family, including his father Prince Charles, who received a 2:2, or lower second class honours degree, in history from Trinity College, Cambridge. William's uncle, Prince Edward, earned a similar grade in the same subject as a student at Jesus College, Cambridge.

Like other students at the prestigious Scottish university, the 22-year-old Prince logged on to a website to find out the results of his MA, for which he'd written a 10,000-word dissertation on the coral reefs of Rodrigues.

His St Andrews days behind him, the Prince's summer plans include a trip to New Zealand to watch the British Lions rugby tour and to carry out his first solo engagement on behalf of his grandmother, the Queen.

In the longer term, Wills is expected to sign up at Sandhurst military academy, where his younger brother Harry began training in May.

1. "His father is very proud," a spokesperson said of Prince William, whose impressive 2:1 grade topped his dad Prince Charles' university marks
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

A special from Hello Magazine:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...agina_1_1.html
Old 06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

MIRROR NEWSPAPER

13 June 2005
WILLS BEATS DAD'S DEGREE
PRINCE William was delighted yesterday after getting a 2:1 honours in his geography degree.

William, 22, did better than his father, the Prince of Wales, who received a 2:2 in history from Trinity College, Cambridge.

A Clarence House spokesman said: "William got an upper second class honours. He's delighted. Everyone is absolutely delighted. His father's very proud."

The prince said last year that he was hoping to get a 2:1.

Advertisement

He was among hundreds of students from St Andrews University who received their results online.

He is now preparing to fly to New Zealand to join the British Lions on their rugby tour, and carry out his first solo royal engagements, before graduating later this month.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

William accepts invitation to play polo in Thailand Monday, 13 June 2005 Prince Charles' eldest son Prince William has agreed to play in a charity polo match in Thailand in December to mark the anniversary of the devastating tsunami in the south of the country.

Prince William helped a Thai team defeat Dubai in the Chakravarty King Power Cup at the Ham Polo Club in London on Saturday.

Vichai Raksriaksorn, president of the Thailand Polo Association (TPA), teamed up with Princes Charles and William and world No 1 Adolfo Cambiaso of Argentina in the Thai team which played Dubai.

"Both of them [the Princes] played well for the Thai team, especially Prince William, who tried his best to attack the stronger Dubai," said Vichai. "Prince William received my invitation to play in a charity match in Thailand.

"The match is likely to take place on December 26 to mark the anniversary of the tsunami in the south. A new ground in Lat Krabang has already been prepared for the match Prince William will play in," he added.

The Thai team narrowly defeated the Dubai team of Tariq Albwardy, Ali Albwardy, Eduardo Heguy and Vichai's son Aiyawat 7-6.5 in the four-chukka contest in front of a large crowd of Thai fans including Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Thepsutin.

Vichai scored the first goal for the Thai side before Dubai bounced back.

Before the end of the first chukka, Prince William showed his skills by adding the second goal for Thailand. Cambiaso and Prince William then combined and put more pressure on Dubai.

In the third chukka, Cambiaso and Vichai combined to score two goals and put Thailand ahead. But Dubai's confidence, however, went sky-high after Aiyawat added one more goal in the fourth and final chukka to help his team lead 6.5-6.

Cambiaso saved the day for the Thai side, scoring the last goal to end Dubai's challenge in the one-day charity event.

Published on June 14, 2005
The Nation Thailand
Old 06-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

Photo Album from HELLO!:
1. Prince William has spent four happy years at St Andrews, but the future King's destiny is now calling.
2. Graduation will mark a turning point for the young royal as he waves goodbye to his student days.
3. Wills has been accompanied by Kate on family holidays to Klosters.
4. Friends say the pretty brunette's feistiness and independent spirit caught William's attention.
5. William, seen here in a charity fun run, is hugely popular with the public.
6. Prince Charles shares a joke with his eldest son after a successful day on the polo field.
7. Wills chats to a local woman during a visit to the Springhill Community Centre in Glasgow.
8. A smiling and barefoot Prince William takes a stroll along the dunes near his university

9. In the months and years ahead we can expect to see more scenes like the one above as the prince's role becomes increasingly high-profile
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	williamgraduates-dop1a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	158912   Click image for larger version

Name:	williamgraduates-dop2a.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	158914   Click image for larger version

Name:	williamgraduates-dop6a.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	158918   Click image for larger version

Name:	williamgraduates-dop8a.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	158919  

Name:	williamgraduates-dop10a.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	158921  
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Courtier

i wonder what grade Kate got?anyone know?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know when will William's Graduation Ceremony take place?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-15-2005, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Anyone know when will William's Graduation Ceremony take place?
in St.Andrews University College i think so im not sure if im correct or if im wrong!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness

on June 23 I believe.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Queen and Camill come to see William graduate.. On June 23rd.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4693275
Old 06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Nobility

that's weird, i don't know Camilla is coming too. last night i was thinking about this, and i thought, it would be a bit awkward if she's going. i wonder who invited her.

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Why wouldn't the Duchess attend? She is his stepmother, not to mention the long time companion of his father. By most accounts they get along just fine. I would be shocked, and disappointed if she DIDN'T go.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Nobility

i always wondered how they managed to be in 2 or more events in one day, did they go there after trooping the colour? it must be very busy to drive for royals. they are always travelling around, no stop....

Old 06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Nobility

i had nothing against Camilla but imo, these occasions are for blood relative or say someone you love/ some one who loves you to attend. Camilla may be his father's companion for years, but i wonder if they(C,W) have such affection for each other. it justs seems weird to me......

Old 06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

If so,there is no member of the Royal Family attend this time just the Queen,the Duke of Edinburgh,Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.So for sure maybe the Queen would have to smile or at least talk to the Duchess for the first time in public after the Wedding.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i had nothing against Camilla but imo, these occasions are for blood relative or say someone you love/ some one who loves you to attend. Camilla may be his father's companion for years, but i wonder if they(C,W) have such affection for each other. it justs seems weird to me......
I have to admit, that I most definitely agree with you, florawindsor. Nothing against Camilla but that has to be an odd relationship. It seems a bit weird to me too...or at least awkward, IMHO.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William arrives at Cirencester Polo Club on a motorbike for a polo match in Gloucestershire on June 17, 2005, England.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53092399.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	160193  
Old 06-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

William kissing the Duchess at Polo Game yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53093827.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	160241   Click image for larger version

Name:	53094717.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	160242   Click image for larger version

Name:	53094732.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	160243  
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel sick

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william