Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you should get close enough to exchange a few words, the correct form of address is 'Your Royal Highness' and thereafter, 'Sir'.

I'm sure he'd do the asking whereby all you need to do is politely reply.

Simple.

Madame Royale I have been reading a lot of your posts latley and I have and I held my tounge for long enough but sometimes your post are a little rude and I don't like the tone of them sometimes... Madame you may know more then what others know but that doesn't mean you be like that to them, you explain it to them as nicely as possible, not this Simple stuff.

I am a teacher at the schools that he is visiting tomorrow and my studentss will be there to greet him which means I will be meeting him

Does anyone have any tips for me on how to talk to him
When I met Camilla I heard that it was correct to address her as "your royal highness" and it was what I was planning on doing but in the midst of the moment forgot :lol: she did most of the talking I could barely say anything I went into a state of shock. I had a whole spech set up but froze when she started talking to me. I'm sure Prince William will be lovely from everything I've read. I'd say just be as natural as possible knowing William he may even be like oh just call me William. Though don't worry if you freeze up I did. But most of all enjoy that's the most important thing of all! :flowers: Good luck!

Also I don't get this woman why would she be disappointed he didn't hold on of her babies? Did she try asking him? You just met your future king I'd be jumping by now if I was her. Idk maybe that's just me, maybe I'm just jealous since I prob won't get to see him this summer.
He paused to meet Cairns mother Melody Willis and her baby twins Ruby and Jala who were born on the eve of the cyclone and needed to be evacuated by the RFDS to Brisbane after the Cairns Hospital was closed.
"He said they were beautiful and he said they were so tiny they look like they should still be inside," she told reporters.
"I said, `well they should be, they were born 10 weeks early'."
She said she was looking forward to telling the girls about the encounter when they got older but was a little disappointed the prince didn't hold one of them.
Another quote:
Senior medical officer Dr Charles Ellis described the prince as "a lovely guy".
"It was really interesting: meeting someone so famous who comes across as so normal," he told AAP.
"It would have been nice to have more time with him."
Full article here:Prince William on tour in Queensland | Herald Sun

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for me on how to talk to him

Once I met Prince Charles in London amongst a small group of people outside the Royal Opera House. This was completely unofficial and most of us were tourists. He addressed us more as a group, something like " Are you all from America?" and "Are you enjoying London?". That sort of thing, very easy and fun.

In your case, William's comments may well be a bit more personal (I hope) but he also may be more focused on the students with you. In any event, you will do great! How exciting for you! The couple of times I have seen royals, I swear that they fairly glow from the inside. Can't wait to hear your report afterwards...good luck! :flowers:

Reported in the australian press (from Cairns and The Australian and SH) A woman is interviewved :
'I asked William when he was going to come back and he said, 'well we might have to come back for our honeymoon!' Everyone started shrieking and applauding.'
I do not think he is saying this just to please. He knows that every word is reported by the press and talk about Australia as a destination for their honeymoon if it is not true seems impossible and would disappoint a region and a country for which he seems to do so much effort. Then William is much wiser and deeper into his comments at the moment, so I think it is a true information and that he and Kate have decided together their destination. Let us not forget also that William a few days ago called on people to return to Australia for tourism and not to desert the region after the earthquakes and floods. Nothing is left to chance now regarding William and Kate. I do not believe for a moment that their destination is Kenya. It is a regular vacation spot for them and there they became engaged in October. It must be by definition a Commonwealth country but they must be able to mingle honeymoon and obligations regarding their position. I really believe in what he said Australia is a perfect choice.

Do you remember that William had already leaked an information (before he went in 2010) and that he was going to Australia (he spoked about Melbourne, I think). It was not a trivial confidence. William is too smart for that and well briefed. No room for the random.

I still believe that Kenya is at least one destination, the couple got engaged there. It is a place that is very close to their hearts and although Australia might be a little close to Williams - has Kate ever even been there to form some kind of attachment to the country?
Wherever they go on their honeymoon, I doubt they're going to let anyone especially the press know and I hope they don't do the whole photo sessions thing that Victoria and Daniel did (which was immmensly tacky IMO).

agree for the photo sessions it was tacky. But I disagree for the honeymoon. Regarding the past english wedding the destinations has always been known for the heir to the throne and the honeymoon was part holidays part business like usuel and duties. Secondly, nobody choose for his honeymoon a destination where they are used to go, to see the same people, do the same things, no surprises then. They have plenty opportunities to go back to Kenya. It's a perfect opportunity for william to introduce kate to australia and new zealand without being an official tour but just holidays and of course some walkabouts. It will be very clever. You never choose a destination for whom you have some kind of attachement for your honeymoon. Often the husband surprise his wife with a destination she does not know. I am married and I went to Tasmania (and a little to Sydney) for my honeymoon and never put a foot to australia before. I went back this past august 15years after my honeymoon. Can I ask you where did you spend your honeymoon and if it was a destination you knew before?

Reported in the australian press (from Cairns and The Australian and SH) A woman is interviewved :
'I asked William when he was going to come back and he said, 'well we might have to come back for our honeymoon!' Everyone started shrieking and applauding.'
I do not think he is saying this just to please. He knows that every word is reported by the press and talk about Australia as a destination for their honeymoon if it is not true seems impossible and would disappoint a region and a country for which he seems to do so much effort. Then William is much wiser and deeper into his comments at the moment, so I think it is a true information and that he and Kate have decided together their destination. Let us not forget also that William a few days ago called on people to return to Australia for tourism and not to desert the region after the earthquakes and floods. Nothing is left to chance now regarding William and Kate. I do not believe for a moment that their destination is Kenya. It is a regular vacation spot for them and there they became engaged in October. It must be by definition a Commonwealth country but they must be able to mingle honeymoon and obligations regarding their position. I really believe in what he said Australia is a perfect choice.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if William and Kate go to Australia for at least part of their honeymoon. As you have stated, William called on folks to support tourism in Australia and both Wills and Kate decided together to ask for donations to a relief fund in lieu of wedding gifts, it would stand to reason that they'd do exactly what they ask others to do.
Actions speak so much louder than words.

I do also imagine that they will be out and about among the people too and maybe even a photo-op or two. Like Victoria and Daniel, these two are a couple that have been together for years and unlike couples such as Charles and Diana who had spent next to no time together before the wedding, these two are very comfortable with each other, seem to be very much people persons and would want to enjoy where they are. I'm sure though that they'll slip away somewhere we won't know about and have their own quiet time for just the two of them too. :)

agree for the photo sessions it was tacky. But I disagree for the honeymoon. Regarding the past english wedding the destinations has always been known for the heir to the throne and the honeymoon was part holidays part business like usuel and duties.

Charles, being the previous heir, he married in 80's and he went round the United Kingdom if I am correct. That's hardly a honeymoon. The most recent royal honeymoons, except for Victoria's, the destination has been kept a secret and hasn't been for business reasons. William shouldn't be doing business on his honeymoon and he shouldn't go where he will undoubtedly be recognised.

Secondly, nobody choose for his honeymoon a destination where they are used to go, to see the same people, do the same things, no surprises then.

Is that always the case?
Take Charles an example you used, with Diana he went on the Britannia - he's been there before. With Camilla - he went to Birkhall didn't he? and I'm sure he's been there before. The familiarity of a place makes it extra special, how many times have they been to Kenya?, twice perhaps. Kenya has a lot to offer for a couple so young as William and Catherine and it holds a special place in their hearts.

It's a perfect opportunity for william to introduce kate to australia and new zealand without being an official tour but just holidays and of course some walkabouts.

You're turning their honeymoon into an official occasion. It should be a private, secluded holiday where they can be themselves. No business, no commonwealth, no duke and duchess stuff. William and Catherine. Man and Wife. That should be it IMO.

You never choose a destination for whom you have some kind of attachement for your honeymoon. Often the husband surprise his wife with a destination she does not know.

Again, is that the same for every one or has it just been the case for you? Kenya to me, seems the logical place for both of them. Australia would be logical for William only and he may surprise Kate - if he does fine. But it should not turn into an non-official visit where they are photographed every 10 seconds.

Can I ask you where did you spend your honeymoon and if it was a destination you knew before?

A bit personal, but I am a 17 year old. However, I would love it if I spent my honeymoon where I was proposed to - or at least a country I had stepped foot in before. A holiday to an unknown country should be done after marriage IMO, you don't know how it would affect the newlyweds. :lol:

Last edited:
Videos:
Prince William pays tribute to Yasi workers - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
haha at the old lady " we never got near him anyway within in yelling distance" poor Wills musta been in a hurry he's on a tight schedule he seemed to try to get to everyone.

(ok I LOVE this new William I dunno what's happened to him lately but he's so wonderful and caring and ugh I could go on forever!)
Articles: Prince William brings back the sunshine during his visit of flood-hit Queensland | News.com.au

Prince William: 'Maybe we'll have a honeymoon in Australia?' - Telegraph

A prince brings cheer to battered Queensland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kveRK_gA4Ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBLNgtJOFhc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M19-lDrpdW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqFXj0NuNq8

Last edited:
sorry Lumutqueen but every coupe I know planned they honeymoon in courtries they never visited before and when I spoke of heirs it was british ones, victoria has nothing to do with this. And sorry again but honeymoon for the british heirs have always been part holidays, part duties. Charles and Diana went on the Britannia and made a stop in Egypt for instance and have you ever seen charles and camilla on holidays elsewhere but in scotland? You make exactly the same statement when I said (and others too) they were going to belfast and you were denied it was a possibility saying in no way it was possible. And they went ...

I never thought about it before, but they probably have to take security with them on their honeymoon. How........awkward.

Not really. It's not like they'll share living quaters with the royal couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Methinks perhaps this upcoming royal wedding will be a fairy tale wedding after all. There is most definitely a Prince Charming in the wedding party!

It really warmed my heart to read about William reaching out and hugging the woman who had broken down while recalling her tragedies.
William is very much his mother's son and seems to be a very empathic soul.

Even if Zander doesn't win the lottery and make it to Westminster Abbey for the wedding, he'll never forget being invited to attend. This young man will probably be a very staunch monarchist for the rest of his life now. :D

Prince William's charm offensive has been a great success in the disaster areas of Australasia. The Sunday News of the 20th March carriede the following editorial byword:
Wills Has Mana to back status
PRINCE William was dubbed the "Prince of Hearts" as a teenager when he had women of all ages swooning over his royal good looks.
On Friday, he melted tens of thousands of hearts at Christchurch's Hagley Park as he addressed the national memorial service for the quake victims.
"My grandmother once said that grief is the price for love. Here, today, we love and grieve," he told the gathering.
They were the words of a mature but still young man who has known such heartbreak himself.
There is much debate about the relevancy of the monarchy in New Zealand.
But there can be not dispute about the genuine compassion Prince William showed the people of devastated Christchurch and the victims of it's deadly quake.
There are global demands on the heir to British Throne and he was extremely generous with his time to come across the world to offer comfort. He Also stretched his message of sympathy to the victims of the Japan super-quake and tsunami.
His use of te reo to tell the Hagley Park gathering to "Kia Kaha" [stay strong] was a wonderful touch.
He may have English "blue blood", but it is pumped by a warm, caring and compassionate heart. The title of Prince makes William a born leader, his words and actions on Friday show he deserves that mana.

Mana
In the Maori culture, there are two essential aspects to a person's mana: mana tangata, authority derived from whakapapa connections, and mana huaanga, defined as "authority derived from having a wealth of resources to gift to others to bind them into reciprocal obligations".

Rosapru said:
sorry Lumutqueen but every coupe I know planned they honeymoon in courtries they never visited before and when I spoke of heirs it was british ones, victoria has nothing to do with this. And sorry again but honeymoon for the british heirs have always been part holidays, part duties. Charles and Diana went on the Britannia and made a stop in Egypt for instance and have you ever seen charles and camilla on holidays elsewhere but in scotland?

William isn't an heir is he? He shouldn't work, this is his and Kate's honeymoon, possible the last time they can really feel like a private couple. They shouldn't be forced to work on their honeymoon, that's not fair in my book. I said that Kenya, is more likely and that i would think it strange going to a new country on your honeymoon. You think different, so?

Rosapru said:
You make exactly the same statement when I said (and others too) they were going to belfast and you were denied it was a possibility saying in no way it was possible. And they went ...

Actually I said this;

Lumutqueen said:
I don't think they should go anytime soon.

All these made me tear up. Yep William is definitely Diana's son I can say that for certain!
Lord William are you trying to kill me this weekend?
“The prince said that not a night went by where we were not in his thoughts," Mr Tyson said.

“You could see in his eyes when he shed a tear that our story reopened his own pain and sense of loss at losing someone tragically that you so dearly love.
“You could tell that Prince William also felt our pain and that in itself was comforting."

Prince William meets family of Queensland flood hero - Telegraph
And on it went, through the flood-devastated town of Grantham, where he hugged and consoled residents who had lost everything."It's not about me, it's about you,'' he stressed.
Prince William the people's person | Herald Sun
Prince moved by story of boy's courage - World - NZ Herald News
Prince William wins the heart of Derelle Linneth, who has Down syndrome during visit to Grantham | Courier Mail
Prince gives something to hold on to | The Australian
Prince William Visits Grantham, Ipswich after Queensland Floods

Last edited:
I would say that his compassion knows no bounds. It's touching to see. He will be a great husband, father, and later on King.

All these made me tear up. Yep William is definitely Diana's son I can say that for certain!
Lord William are you trying to kill me this weekend?
I would say that his compassion knows no bounds. It's touching to see. He will be a great husband, father, and later on King.
Diana, Princess of Wales must be looking down from heaven very proud of Prince William. Yes, Catherine Middleton is a lucky woman to get a man so compassionate. I always wonder why she is smiling; I guess it has a lot to do with her being loved.

Getting back on topic this article says what a kind royal Prince William is. I hope to live to see him King.:flowers:

Last edited:
Diana, Princess of Wales must be looking down from heaven very proud of Prince William. Yes, Catherine Middleton is a lucky woman to get a man so compassionate. I always wonder why she is smiling; I guess it has a lot to do with her being loved.

Getting back on topic this article shows what a royal Prince William is. I hope to live to see him King.:flowers:
You've said great words!Completely agree!

Thank God Diana did a wonderful wonderful raising her sons..

Diana and Charles did a wonderful job. I believe William and Harry a credit to both parents.

It looks like the trip was well received in both New Zealand and Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom