Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying William is reluctant but he seemed it years ago. Now he's done a 180 IMO he's just amazing!:flowers:
I wasn't saying you were the one saying!:flowers: really
It's just I remember some of the discussions made by members right after he announced the engagement. some were saying how he shouldn't be king because he seems so reluctant.
He's a 28 year-old with a huge future but doesn't seem to be keen not to take his feet out of the ground, even if he's often inside of a helicopter :lol:.

Last edited:
It's just I remember some of the discussions made by members right after he announced the engagement. some were saying how he shouldn't be king because he seems so reluctant.
He's a 28 year-old with a huge future but doesn't seem to be keen not to take his feet out of the ground, even if he's often inside of a helicopter :lol:.

I think a lot of it was that he realized that one thing he had is time. Until his engagement, I think he preferred to be in the shadows quietly doing his training and qualifying for SAR along with keeping his private relationships out of the limelight. Now after the engagement and the wedding, together William and Kate will be doing much more together in public duties and appearances yet still have a measure of privacy.

All this week I've been watching the Kennedy series on the tube here and it got me to thinking how over the years to come, William and Harry are going to be quite the pair together as senior royals similar to how JFK and RFK were politically and privately.

I think a lot of it was that he realized that one thing he had is time. Until his engagement, I think he preferred to be in the shadows quietly doing his training and qualifying for SAR along with keeping his private relationships out of the limelight. Now after the engagement and the wedding, together William and Kate will be doing much more together in public duties and appearances yet still have a measure of privacy.

All this week I've been watching the Kennedy series on the tube here and it got me to thinking how over the years to come, William and Harry are going to be quite the pair together as senior royals similar to how JFK and RFK were politically and privately.

Well said, Osipi. This is a new phase in his life and I'm glad I'll be able to witness. British people should be proud of a man, who doesn't want to sit around all day enjoying the perks giving by birth, but actually tries to achieve something in his own merits.

Oh okay haha just making sure:lol:! There's no way I'd want to be king at 28 years old. I imagine our current Queen didn't want to be Queen at such a young age either. Heck no one prob wants to have to carry the whole monarchy on their shoulders like that! :flowers:That's why I want William and Kate to enjoy their life together and not worry too much about the future I mean it'll always be a key part of their lives but for now just focus on themselves their relationship together and their family.

Last edited:
I'd rather see fewer photos of them doing public appearances for awhile if it means that they'll have a more stable home-life than those of William's parents' generation.:flowers:

That's why I want William and Kate to enjoy their life together and not worry too much about the future I mean it'll always be a key part of their lives but for now just focus on themselves their relationship together and their family.

Me too I'm SO satisfied with what we've gotten so far in terms of appearances if they kept it at this pace for a little while I'd be happy. It averages out to about 2 appearances a month. And yet when they do appear it keeps people talking for a while which is good cause then it doesn't seem like a long wait period to us. I REALLY love these two and want them to work out so IMO for now work comes second in my opinion and first and foremost comes their relationship and making sure it's on a good path cause I can speak for everyone in this forum when I say NO ONE wants to go down the same road as we did in the 90's

Back on topic now I can watch videos of Diana without crying my eyes out cause I keep thinking " she's gone but that's ok we have William and Harry" who IMO are truly both Charles and Diana's greatest legacy. I know Diana would be so so so proud of her boys and I'm sure Charles is very proud and has loved watching them grow up and become well respected men.

Last edited:
^^
That's a rather amusing story. :)

I LOVE this read for yourselves you'll see what I mean. He serves tea to the sick that's wonderful!

Prince William: Following in his mother's charitable footsteps - CNN.com

Some unseen photos I found
Prince William and Prince Harry at Selly Oak Hospital | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Dinner hosted by HRH Prince William at Windsor Castle November 2010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gosh I'm so proud of William. For a while I had lost alot of hope in him. He just seemed like he didn't want to take on the role and I was confused seeing as both parents have done alot of charity work but the last 3 years or so he's blown me away. I love his style his informality. He definitely knows his people and he'll make a great king one day.
I didn't notice this post before. It's a nice article and I agree with everything you said ghost_night.

I admire William's determination, and willingness to serve Queen and country, but I think his focus should be on married life.
It is stressful enough on Kate becoming a senior member of the BRF, the last thing she needs is her husband in a war zone.
Plus, she will need Willam's guidance, as she eases into her role.

I didn't notice this post before. It's a nice article and I agree with everything you said ghost_night.

I think the child bereavement charity is most apt for William and must be one close to his heart.

I agree. He has been there, so he can relate on a human level. Looking at the photos one can tell it is close to his heart, and touches him deeply.

Last edited:
As Big Ben rings in the wedding day, it's time for this current events thread to come to a close. A new current events thread has been opened.

wbenson
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom