The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
All these made me tear up. Yep William is definitely Diana's son I can say that for certain!
Lord William are you trying to kill me this weekend?
Quote:
I would say that his compassion knows no bounds. It's touching to see. He will be a great husband, father, and later on King.
Diana, Princess of Wales must be looking down from heaven very proud of Prince William. Yes, Catherine Middleton is a lucky woman to get a man so compassionate. I always wonder why she is smiling; I guess it has a lot to do with her being loved.

Prince gives something to hold on to | The Australian

Getting back on topic this article says what a kind royal Prince William is. I hope to live to see him King.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Diana, Princess of Wales must be looking down from heaven very proud of Prince William. Yes, Catherine Middleton is a lucky woman to get a man so compassionate. I always wonder why she is smiling; I guess it has a lot to do with her being loved.

Prince gives something to hold on to | The Australian

Getting back on topic this article shows what a royal Prince William is. I hope to live to see him King.
You've said great words!Completely agree!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Nobility

Thank God Diana did a wonderful wonderful raising her sons..
Old 03-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Diana and Charles did a wonderful job. I believe William and Harry a credit to both parents.

It looks like the trip was well received in both New Zealand and Australia.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

2 articles and a video from the Gala last night. Actually he did go over and shake the hands of waiting members of the public outside as he left. Now I can't remember where I read it this morning but there are talks of the TWO of them to visit this year for the Rugby world cup. They said they're waiting to see how Canada responds but judging by the video clips everyone is excited to see Kate when she does finally come over.
Vic towns prepare for Prince William
Prince to meet Victorian flood victims - ABC Central Victoria - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Great photo galleries
In Pictures: Prince William in Ipswich | Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times
Prince William visits Grantham | Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times

More articles
William will be the king of hearts | National News | Breaking National News in Australia | Ipswich Queensland Times
William comforts survivors | Ipswich News | Local News in Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times
Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
It's his third, the trip in 2005 wasn't representing the Queen, he was there for the Lions rugby tour and went with the team.
He represented the Queen in 2010 on an official visit to open the NZ High Court.
Now this visit, so that makes 3.
Actually he was representing the Queen in 2005. Here he is in NZ in 2005 representing her majesty at the war memorial:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

He did open the parliament for HM as well in 2010, but that was his second visit representing the Queen.

He is not officially representing HM this trip. It's a private visit undertaken on his own behalf in light of the recent tragedies.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's good to see William being well received once again in Australia. They seem to love him!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
Actually he was representing the Queen in 2005. Here he is in NZ in 2005 representing her majesty at the war memorial:

He did open the parliament for HM as well in 2010, but that was his second visit representing the Queen.

He is not officially representing HM this trip. It's a private visit undertaken on his own behalf in light of the recent tragedies.
The royal family website states that P. William is in New Zeeland on behalf of the queen.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I have been very impressed by William during his visit.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Day 3

Articles:
Prince William's Australian visit falls flat | News.com.au

Prince William praises Kerang volunteers

Prince William brings sunshine to flood-hit Kerang on a rainy day | Herald Sun

Locals try to storm William barbecue

There's videos on youtube but I'm too exhausted to find them so just type Prince William and hit search by upload date or something to that affect.

A photo I LOVED: Prince William Visits Queensland

This quote deathly reminded me of Diana. I think it was that little girl in Angola who didn't know who she was and when she left said " Is she an angel?"

Quote:
Then he embraced an intellectually disabled woman who grabbed him and would not let go. "It's all right, you can have a hug," he told Derelle Linneth. Her carer said Derelle had no idea who the prince was, but sensed he was special.
Prince William eases Aussies' pain | Stuff.co.nz

Although it's interesting a previous article said the same woman had idolized William for years and knew perfectly well who he was.

EDIT: That's a wrap! William is now en route back to England. I'll have additional articles and videos in the morning for now I'm off to bed.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post

William was not representing the Queen on his visit to New Zealand in 2005. He travelled to New Zealand with the British Lions rugby team and spent time with them as well as having a holiday. (His friend Tom van Straubenzee came with him) He did carry out official engagements but on his behalf not the Queen's laying the wreath at the war memorial, he did as HIS not the Queen's, mark of respect. The card attached had a comment from William and not on behalf of the Queen. Besides the wreath laying, he met with the Governor-General (he was there at the time of 7/7 so signed a condolence book for the victims) the rest of the time he was with the rugby team.

(Not all royal engagements are on behalf of the Queen, Charles's trips are on behalf of the Foreign Office. Other royals visit Australia on behalf of their patronages there, not on the Queen's behalf)

In 2010, he didn't open parliament, British royals no longer do that when they visit. The New Zealand government had invited the Queen to open their High Court (previously the New Zealanders took their appeals to the UK High Court) The Queen sent William as her representative and officially opened the High Court.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Majesty

BBC News - Prince William's NZ-Australia tour shows human touch

Prince William's NZ-Australia tour shows human touch
Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Majesty

BBC News - In pictures: Prince William ends tour

In pictures: Prince William ends tour
Old 03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Did Prince William leave Australia? I heard on the news there was flooding again and flights were delayed.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Did Prince William leave Australia? I heard on the news there was flooding again and flights were delayed.
I haven't seen confirmation yet...I hope he's safely home!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

He did a wonderful job. Tear began to run down my face at seeing him with the stricken people. His mother did a good job raising those boys as long as she did and she is in them. Luckily, he seems to have a nice, stable girl from a nice family to support him.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Majesty

Prince William and Prince Harry seem to have inherited the very best of both of their parents. Harry's Army career juxtaposed with Sentable et. al. and William's Air Force career with that of his Official visit to the disaster ravaged areas of New Zealand and Australia . . . . the ultimate Charm Offensive reminiscent of his Great Grandfather in the rubble of the East End.

Both offer the world a whole new side to their Grandmother's reign.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Nobility

My brother, who lives in Sumner in Christchurch (and has gone through the earthquakes), was in the right place at the right time and actually got to shake Prince William's hand. My brother isn't even a Royalist (though he has no problems with Royalty) but he said he was very impressed with Prince William.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Majesty

That's great for your brother, EllieCat! A really nice memory for him to have out of all the destruction in his part of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
My brother, who lives in Sumner in Christchurch (and has gone through the earthquakes), was in the right place at the right time and actually got to shake Prince William's hand.

Closed Thread