The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William gives moving address as 30,000 gather at memorial for Christchurch earthquake victims | Mail Online

Old 03-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO William has changed alot lately he seems so much more involved and willing to go out and do public engagements. he really seems like he wants to help unlike i dunno early 2006 where it almost seemed like he resisted his public duties. I'm so happy with how this trip is going and can't wait till his arrival in Australia.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
IMO William has changed alot lately he seems so much more involved and willing to go out and do public engagements. he really seems like he wants to help unlike i dunno early 2006 where it almost seemed like he resisted his public duties. I'm so happy with how this trip is going and can't wait till his arrival in Australia.
Actually this was William's second trip to NZ. He was there in 2005 as well, representing HM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie of The Sea View Post
Actually this was William's second trip to NZ. He was there in 2005 as well, representing HM.
It's his third, the trip in 2005 wasn't representing the Queen, he was there for the Lions rugby tour and went with the team.
He represented the Queen in 2010 on an official visit to open the NZ High Court.
Now this visit, so that makes 3.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Nobility

PRINCE William landed moments ago and has flown to cardwell, I will get the chance to meet him tomorrow! I am jumping out of my skin, my husband doesn't see the fuss but I do
Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
PRINCE William landed moments ago and has flown to cardwell, I will get the chance to meet him tomorrow! I am jumping out of my skin, my husband doesn't see the fuss but I do

Not too many men get excited to see/meet a Prince.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
How exciting! Can't wait to hear about your experience!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Good luck Lady Felicity M ! I can`t wait to hear about your experience
Old 03-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
It's his third, the trip in 2005 wasn't representing the Queen, he was there for the Lions rugby tour and went with the team.
He represented the Queen in 2010 on an official visit to open the NZ High Court.
Now this visit, so that makes 3.
Actually, this is visit number four. Willlam's very first visit happened when he was just a toddler and came along w/Diana and Charles during their first overseas tour, which was Australia and New Zealand. Those pictures of William crawling on a picnic blanket and Diana holding his hands/supporting his balance while standing were taken in New Zealand.

I still have the scrapbook I kept back then and the headline on the picture of William crawling w/his proud parents watching over him is "The Royal Crawlabout!!"
Old 03-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Day1
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 03-19-2011, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Now,this is a nice welcome Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Nobility

Does anyone have any tips for me on how to talk to him
Old 03-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Heir Apparent

If you should get close enough to exchange a few words, the correct form of address is 'Your Royal Highness' and thereafter, 'Sir'.

I'm sure he'd do the asking whereby all you need to do is politely reply.

Simple.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
If you should get close enough to exchange a few words, the correct form of address is 'Your Royal Highness' and thereafter, 'Sir'.

I'm sure he'd do the asking whereby all you need to do is politely reply.

Simple.

Madame Royale I have been reading a lot of your posts latley and I have and I held my tounge for long enough but sometimes your post are a little rude and I don't like the tone of them sometimes... Madame you may know more then what others know but that doesn't mean you be like that to them, you explain it to them as nicely as possible, not this Simple stuff.

I am a teacher at the schools that he is visiting tomorrow and my studentss will be there to greet him which means I will be meeting him
Old 03-19-2011, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When I met Camilla I heard that it was correct to address her as "your royal highness" and it was what I was planning on doing but in the midst of the moment forgot she did most of the talking I could barely say anything I went into a state of shock. I had a whole spech set up but froze when she started talking to me. I'm sure Prince William will be lovely from everything I've read. I'd say just be as natural as possible knowing William he may even be like oh just call me William. Though don't worry if you freeze up I did. But most of all enjoy that's the most important thing of all! Good luck!

Also I don't get this woman why would she be disappointed he didn't hold on of her babies? Did she try asking him? You just met your future king I'd be jumping by now if I was her. Idk maybe that's just me, maybe I'm just jealous since I prob won't get to see him this summer.
Quote:
He paused to meet Cairns mother Melody Willis and her baby twins Ruby and Jala who were born on the eve of the cyclone and needed to be evacuated by the RFDS to Brisbane after the Cairns Hospital was closed.
"He said they were beautiful and he said they were so tiny they look like they should still be inside," she told reporters.
"I said, `well they should be, they were born 10 weeks early'."
She said she was looking forward to telling the girls about the encounter when they got older but was a little disappointed the prince didn't hold one of them.
Another quote:
Quote:
Senior medical officer Dr Charles Ellis described the prince as "a lovely guy".
"It was really interesting: meeting someone so famous who comes across as so normal," he told AAP.
"It would have been nice to have more time with him."
Full article here:Prince William on tour in Queensland | Herald Sun
Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William in Queensland

BelgaPicture - Category details
Belga Picture ** Belga Picture ** Belga Picture
Old 03-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Once I met Prince Charles in London amongst a small group of people outside the Royal Opera House. This was completely unofficial and most of us were tourists. He addressed us more as a group, something like " Are you all from America?" and "Are you enjoying London?". That sort of thing, very easy and fun.

In your case, William's comments may well be a bit more personal (I hope) but he also may be more focused on the students with you. In any event, you will do great! How exciting for you! The couple of times I have seen royals, I swear that they fairly glow from the inside. Can't wait to hear your report afterwards...good luck!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Reported in the australian press (from Cairns and The Australian and SH) A woman is interviewved :
'I asked William when he was going to come back and he said, 'well we might have to come back for our honeymoon!' Everyone started shrieking and applauding.'
I do not think he is saying this just to please. He knows that every word is reported by the press and talk about Australia as a destination for their honeymoon if it is not true seems impossible and would disappoint a region and a country for which he seems to do so much effort. Then William is much wiser and deeper into his comments at the moment, so I think it is a true information and that he and Kate have decided together their destination. Let us not forget also that William a few days ago called on people to return to Australia for tourism and not to desert the region after the earthquakes and floods. Nothing is left to chance now regarding William and Kate. I do not believe for a moment that their destination is Kenya. It is a regular vacation spot for them and there they became engaged in October. It must be by definition a Commonwealth country but they must be able to mingle honeymoon and obligations regarding their position. I really believe in what he said Australia is a perfect choice.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Do you remember that William had already leaked an information (before he went in 2010) and that he was going to Australia (he spoked about Melbourne, I think). It was not a trivial confidence. William is too smart for that and well briefed. No room for the random.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I still believe that Kenya is at least one destination, the couple got engaged there. It is a place that is very close to their hearts and although Australia might be a little close to Williams - has Kate ever even been there to form some kind of attachment to the country?
Wherever they go on their honeymoon, I doubt they're going to let anyone especially the press know and I hope they don't do the whole photo sessions thing that Victoria and Daniel did (which was immmensly tacky IMO).