Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William (and other members of the BRF) has flown of commercial flights on a number of occassions previously, and I am reasonably sure other passengers would have been allowed onto the Air NZ flight.

They do fly commercial, but they RENT THE ENTIRE AIRCRAFT. Do you really think that they would let just any ticket holder on the same plane as PW?

How absurd.

I simply do not believe what this story is trying to say. Not for a minute. He and his bodyguards may have flown with a passle of press reps. on a bought-out flight, but regular passengers would never have been allowed to fly on this plane.

He would be recognizable to most commonwealth citizens, which would have caused a riot.

C'mon, get real!

I tend to think that even if William did fly with the ordinary commonweath citizens, there would be no more of a riot than those folks that congregated to meet with William on his tour. When recognized, I'd bet he would have been treated with respect.

They do fly commercial, but they RENT THE ENTIRE AIRCRAFT. Do you really think that they would let just any ticket holder on the same plane as PW?

How absurd.

When the Queen flew to New Zealand in 1995 on Air New Zealand, she didn't "rent the entire aircraft." The palace did make use of, I believe, the entire first class section and upper-deck business class section, but economy class was still chock full of ordinary people flying from London and Los Angeles to Auckland (not all of whom were pleased with the extra time it added on each end of the flight).

It's not the first time that it's been reported that he flew in economy class with other passengers, either.

Prince William elects to fly economy as the recession bites - Telegraph

"When the 26-year-old prince flew off to Courchevel for a skiing holiday with his girlfriend Kate Middleton and her family earlier this month, it went unreported that the second in line to the throne sat among the economy passengers on the British Airways Heathrow to Geneva flight."

Prince's Kate Goes Shooting With Charles - The Daily Record

"Kate is today expected to accompany William, Prince Charles and Camilla to Kirk at Crathie Church near Balmoral Castle. She and Prince William flew in to Aberdeen on Thursday night on a scheduled British Airways flight from London.

"During the flight the couple sat in the second row at the front of the aircraft."

Prince William and Prince Harry ride rough for charity - Times Online

"The princes have been regular visitors to southern Africa in recent years and flew to Durban economy class for the trek, staying at the same hotel as their fellow bikers. "

Last edited:
A much more reliable paper has another view in terms of future king:

Should Wills be our next King? - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

For years Wm has been touted as the People's Choice of Monarch in NZ and Oz.

The man New Zealand has seen over the past few days may be the saving of the British monarchy in distant English-speaking realms. He is at home here.

1. 17
    comments

Editorial: New Zealand finds fresh heir in Prince Wills - Opinion - NZ Herald News

During his previous visit to NZ and Oz, he was preferred as Future King in numerous polls. A similar situation is said to exist in Canada.
Prince William visits Australia as preferred future king

Prince William visits Australia as preferred future king | Reuters

Of course if Charles survives his mother, he will be the next king.

I'm certain William is familiar with what would be expected of him in the manner of Kingship. Not as readied as his father, but Charles has spent the better part of 50 years in practice so that's pointing out the obvious.

I find it terribly unlikley that William's experinces thus far would make him a poor sovereign should he for some unforseen reason, ascend the throne tomorrow.

The Queen was a mere "girl" (as she has herself referred to her person in this way) at the time of her asccession and as her father's death came as what could be considered somewhat of a surprise, one could argue that she too was not 'experienced'.

William is University educated, the Queen was not, William has undertaken Constitutional studies, just like his grandmother and father before him, and has undertaken various representative visits abroad, just as his grandmother was doing at the time of her fathers death.

He may not have the years of his father measured, but the Queen was no ideal match for her father in this way either.

It would be no ideal situation for a man his age, but if it happened, he would be fit to the task. Without doubt.

I have no problem with Charles as our next king never have what bugs me is what's with the sudden change? A few months ago people wanted William as their king what happened?

I have no problem with Charles as our next king never have what bugs me is what's with the sudden change? A few months ago people wanted William as their king what happened?

I read today (can't remember where though, sorry) that the shift might have something to do with people wanting to allow William and Kate the opportunity to enjoy their marriage before the pressures of being King are added to their relationship.

How absurd.

Absurd as you may find it, others may be allowed on the same commerical flight as William. Why might not that be the case - other passengers are security cleared before they board.

Other posters have provided examples as well.

As I said opreviously, in my opinion, there are lies, lies and opinion polls!

This is never an exact science, and the size and nature of respondants to the poll can vvary the outcome considerably

ghost_night, I also read that people considered William's newly- married status as a reason for the change. But more so, subjects realized PoW, after so many years, is a lot more prepared for the job.

Is Prince William left handed?

Is Prince William left handed?

YES. If you want to see it, watch the video where he signs the book of remembrance for the Christchurch earthquake

How absurd.
I doubt the royals would rent an entire aircraft. That would be way too expensive!

There are lots of news stories involving the Royals flying commercial in first class, so I'd like to see proof of them renting entire an entire COMMERCIAL aircraft. They don't all fly together anyway. Which group of them would have the money to do this with only two of them on the civil list?

Read the official biographies of the royals - they've been flying commercial with other people for a long time.

If I recall correctly, when the Queen went to Australia a few years ago (or maybe more) they booked the entire first class cabin and installed a special security door between first and coach. Anyone else recall this?

:previous: When the Queen is required to travel abroad for any lengthy visit, the air craft (BA) is chartered specifically for HM personal use, then gutted allowing furniture to be brought on board and installed for the length of the visit. Chairs, desks, sofa's, beds etc. Any aircraft the Queen uses becomes her place of residence.

Members of her household, security and the press core also travel with the royal entourage though her security and members of the press are relegated to a seperate area. The equivilant of what we folk would call 'economy'.

Last edited:

Here are some additional pics:

Prince William during a training exercise at Holyhead Mountain, having flown
from RAF Valley in Anglesey, north Wales, March 31, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

I LOVE this read for yourselves you'll see what I mean. He serves tea to the sick that's wonderful!

Prince William: Following in his mother's charitable footsteps - CNN.com

Some unseen photos I found
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50667294@N08/5455731892/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/childbereavementcharity/5491784324/

Gosh I'm so proud of William. For a while I had lost alot of hope in him. He just seemed like he didn't want to take on the role and I was confused seeing as both parents have done alot of charity work but the last 3 years or so he's blown me away. I love his style his informality. He definitely knows his people and he'll make a great king one day.

Last edited:
Very proud indeed.
His position is very unique. To know what your "job" will be forever doesn't sit so well with his generation.
What some people seem to forget, as I can recall from previous discussions here, is that William had a much "normal" life than let's say his father , grandmother and so on. So when I see someone saying he is reluctant to be king and doesn't appreciate as much he should, I wonder if they ever considered the fact that William, by not being so restrict to royal life and surroundings witnessed people's reaction to the monarchy in a more uncensored way, the pro and con. We all know monarchy approval has change for the last 30, 40, 50 years. This generation has change its point of view on the matter, and he certainly is aware of that. You see, when you are mainly surrounded by courtiers it's easy to "believe" in your position and its importance, but once you are out and exposed to different opinions, it can affect you convictions.

Anyways, my point is :p, when I see William now, I see someone who has a lot to learn, but is becoming more comfortable each day. He'll be more in touch with his people, because he will be aware of the way those see the institution one day will be in charge of (hopefully).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost_night554, thank you so much for sharing those links!

William has always struck as someone who is very compassionate and caring. The articles and videos posted on here as of late are very sound proof of that. I have no qualms in saying that his compassion and kindness will make him not only a great monarch, but a husband and father as well.

Ghost_night554, thank you so much for sharing those links!

William has always struck as someone who is very compassionate and caring. The articles and videos posted on here as of late are very sound proof of that. I have no qualms in saying that his compassion and kindness will make him not only a great monarch, but a husband and father as well.

I definitely have to agree with all of the sentiments posted above. This has also lead me to believe that its his compassion and empathy that has led him to his role in SAR which he seems to love doing. Its not only the challenge of flying a helicopter in sometimes dangerous situations, but also the knowing that he is serving and protecting life. This is a man that has no illusions of grandeur about himself but sees himself as a part of a whole. Not many royals when meeting people will state "Just call me William".

With both William and Catherine, I think the BRF has a very bright future ahead.

So when I see someone saying he is reluctant to be king and doesn't appreciate as much he should, I wonder if they ever considered the fact that William, by not being so restrict to royal life and surroundings witnessed people's reaction to the monarchy in a more uncensored way, the pro and con. .
I wasn't saying William is reluctant but he seemed it years ago. Now he's done a 180 IMO he's just amazing!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom