The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
The Prince of Wales - Prince William to visit Australia and New Zealand - Thursday 17th to Monday 21st March 2011

Prince William is to pay a visit to New Zealand and to Australia on behalf of The Queen following the natural disasters in both countries. Prince William will visit following invitations extended by the Prime Minister of New Zealand and the Prime Minister of Australia.
Perhaps if Harry is not, busy he could go as well . He always seems to do so well when comforting people in difficult circumstances.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Nobility

I will be in Brisbane/Queensland when he visits, which will be fun!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well well well someone's getting his act together.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Good to see. I think it will be very interesting to see the response from the people in the affected areas.
I hope they'll receive him well and not cry for Catherine already....
But even that for him would be a welcome reaction as it would give him the chance to understand his father's feelings better. And somehow I think William would take it as a compliment to his choice of bride.

I really like it how they present the groom who has led so far a quiet Royal life as he is before the wedding: as a warm and caring personality who in his choice of profession showed that he personally does want to make a difference and is as well willing to present himself as the symbol of the care and comforting of his grandmother and the countries she represents.

If only he could wear the dresses, shoes, accessories, hair-dos, tiaras etc..
Old 03-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William Is To Visit New Zealand And Australia After Natural Disasters Struck Both Countries | UK News | Sky News
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Prince William to visit Australia and NZ disaster zones

Prince William to visit Australia and NZ disaster zones

Prince William will meet members of the emergency services who dealt with the disasters
Prince William will visit New Zealand and Australia next week to tour areas devastated by recent natural disasters, St James's Palace has said.
The prince will travel to Christchurch, New Zealand, where more than 160 people died in an earthquake last month
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Nobility

A few of my friends were apart of the emergancy teams when Brissy flooded so they will possibly meet Prince William
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Courtier

I am very pleased to hear that William is coming to Brisbane. I hope I will be able to go and see him!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
I am very pleased to hear that William is coming to Brisbane. I hope I will be able to go and see him!
I too think it si a good idea for William to visit Aus and NZ. That said, I would have prefererd if Charles and Camilla could have made the trip. They really cannot put it off forever.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I too think it si a good idea for William to visit Aus and NZ. That said, I would have prefererd if Charles and Camilla could have made the trip. They really cannot put it off forever.
As much as I am glad William is making the trip, I agree with you muriel that Charles, and Camilla, really need to step up to the plate here and drag their seemingly hesitant behinds south of the equator.

Here was an opportunity which would have served as a truly meaningful undertaking, and yet they have evidently let it slide for watever reason I'm sure they could conjure up in deffense.

The man hasn't visited since early 2005 and I think as time moves on that the most plausible reason as to why he hasn't returned is because he is quite unsure (I'm certain) as to the reception his wife shall recieve. Sending his sympathies and attending an Australia Day function at Australia House is all very well, but in that lies the advantage of actually not having to step foot of home soil.

Suck it up, take themselves out of their comfort zone and give people the opportunity to get a first hand impression of the Duchess.

If he can tour through Europe, the US, the Caribbean, South America and the Asia Minor then he should very well express an interest in again visiting a continent he currently stands to 'inherit'.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Administrator

As a reminder, any and all discussion regarding Charles and Camilla potential trips abroad should be made here Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years .

Old 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Does anyone else remember?

When Charles went to Australia during his engagement to Diana, there were purportedly secretly recorded phone messages between them, in one of which there was some loverly banter about his thinning hair. I don't recall if they were authenticated or not, but I will be deeply suspicious if the same little jokes are presented again by the tabloid press when William and Catherine are apart.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William to tour New Zealand & Australia ahead of Royal wedding to Kate Middleton | Mail Online
Old 03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
When Charles went to Australia during his engagement to Diana, there were purportedly secretly recorded phone messages between them, in one of which there was some loverly banter about his thinning hair. I don't recall if they were authenticated or not, but I will be deeply suspicious if the same little jokes are presented again by the tabloid press when William and Catherine are apart.
I doubt there would be much reporting of any light-hearted jokey-ness (regardless of whether it's true or just some "creative" gossip by some media guy somewhere) seeing as William's trip is for a memorial service & just generally has a rather sombre tone as it's all to do with the people who suffered in these various natural disasters. Not saying that everyone will be miserable there but I doubt any PR people will be emphasising any jokes or light-hearted moments between William & anyone back in the UK.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William's Aust itinerary announced
Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William to bang the drum for business in Australia - Telegraph

Prince William to bang the drum for business in Australia

Prince William will promote the message that Australia is “open for business” when he visits New Zealand and Australia this week
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

William has just arrived in Christchurch
#Royal Prince William arrives in Christchurch at emergency ce... on Twitpic

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Updates:
Latest updates: Prince William in Christchurch - National - NZ Herald News

Loved this!
Prince William lands in Christchurch: give to charity, not to our wedding
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

In this whole" give to charity, not to us" thing as in so many other things, William reminds me of his mother.
There is a pic of him on the official British Monarchy Gallery webpage of him on walkbout last week, chatting to a little boy in a wheelchair. For an instant, I thought it was Diana.
William seems to have a good head on his shoulders, so " with it" so" together"
Keep it up!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince stunned by scale of ruin - World - IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za

Prince William visits Christchurch disaster zone in New Zealand | The Sun |News
(describes how stunned William was with the damage^)

Pictures here:
prince william - News, photos, topics, and quotes