Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked that story about the old lady. It was rather humorous, her criticizing the Queen about the repeated b-day photos. :lol:

I think that any number of people in the Royal Family "actually care" about people. Princess Alexandra, for example, has nurses' training. It's a myth that Diana was the first. As far as global warming and earth awareness goes, that is seen by many people as a political view as much as concern for the environment.

However, I do agree that William will make a very good monarch.

Perhaps we're looking right now at the future "People's King". With his mother's outreach to the people and actually caring about them and with his father's passions for global warming and conservation and earth awareness, I think the UK and Commonwealth (should there be one at the time) is going to have another wonderful monarch on their hands.

Agreed Osipi. Until recent times you would have to wonder how many royals had actually gone to the home of a average or regular person and had a conversation with them. Prince William is probably more comfortable with the average person than the older royals.

Queen Victoria used to visit people in their homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward VII, as Prince of Wales, visited the homes of the very poor and was horrified at what he saw there. He wanted to do something about it but was stopped from voting on Bills to fix it in the House of Lords due to the fact that his vote would make it clear what his views were and would get the Bill passed - it wasn't.

William isn't the first by a long way.

Prince William is probably more comfortable with the average person than the older royals.
I think William is a very social person. He seems to genuinely enjoy being around people and can relate well to all types of people.
I think he will make a fantastic monarch when the time comes.

Queen Victoria used to visit people in their homes.
None of the modern day royals seems to do this though, including royals from other monarchies that I'm aware of. I think this is a fantastic thing for William to do.

We simply don't know if they visit people when they're on their home estates. I think that's when dropping in on people would be most likely.

None of the modern day royals seems to do this though, including royals from other monarchies that I'm aware of. I think this is a fantastic thing for William to do.

I also remember when William slept in the rough on the streets for his charity Centrepoint to understand first hand the plight of the homeless and what they have to deal with. I don't think any other royals have done anything like that!

We simply don't know if they visit people when they're on their home estates. I think that's when dropping in on people would be most likely.
But would that be considered an official visit. Isn't that just a friendly visit to their neighbors?

I also remember when William slept in the rough on the streets for his charity Centrepoint to understand first hand the plight of the homeless and what they have to deal with. I don't think any other royals have done anything like that!
Oh I remember that! And he slept in freezing cold temperatures too boot!
I don't think any other royals would want to do that sort of thing. Kudos to William!

But would that be considered an official visit. Isn't that just a friendly visit to their neighbors?

The point was that none of the others visit people in their homes. We really don't know how often they might visit because only the couple occasions when someone wishes to make a point of telling us (usually for PR purposes) do we find out.

I don't think that William's visit to the veteran was an "official visit". Otherwise he would have been dressed more formally.

I don't think that William's visit to the veteran was an "official visit". Otherwise he would have been dressed more formally.
I don't think it can based on how he's dressed. It's a "royal visit" as he's visiting a member of the public at their request as "Prince William".
He's not visiting a personal friend privately. He probably dressed casual to give it a more relaxed atmosphere and make the gentleman feel more at ease.

The point was that none of the others visit people in their homes. We really don't know how often they might visit because only the couple occasions when someone wishes to make a point of telling us (usually for PR purposes) do we find out.
I'm sure if they did then it would be reported in the press. The public needs to know what the royals are doing, especially William, otherwise he's accused of not doing anything or earning his keep. ;)

haha - I love it when they have "friendly" sibling rivalry. I can see William doing this.

I wonder how anyone knew what was in a private card given between the brothers? Someone at either base or their home isn't to be trusted obviously - or did one of the brothers show the press the card?

I wonder how anyone knew what was in a private card given between the brothers? Someone at either base or their home isn't to be trusted obviously - or did one of the brothers show the press the card?

Or the press are just guessing what was in the card.

And I'm sure he will shake things up Royally. Every once in a while they need it.

He wants to go to Afghanistan, does he. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to marry Kate? He doesn't have to go get shot up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom