Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Haaaaaaaa! What the heck is he doing to Peter's face?! :lol:

What a treat to see them all together. Makes for some funny interactions that's for sure!

This pic of Zara making a face at William as he takes her photo is funny: http://i34.tinypic.com/20frs7m.jpg

:previous: That's the nice thing about family, you can really let your hair down (please no balding jokes) and be yourself around them.
It's great to see the cousins together and enjoying themselves in a relaxed atmosphere. Too bad Harry wasn't there.

They don't get to see each other very much since Peter moved to Hong Kong, so that makes their time spent together extra nice.
It's nice to see they are so close.

I love the pics of William being affectionate with Zara. It's nice he's so close to his cousins. Family is important!

The photos of William hugging his cousins is sweet. It's rare to see photos of William being affectionate.

You're right. It is very rare indeed, even with family.

It's nice to see William having a night out with his friends. I'm assuming these are his fellow flight students according to the article.

He could use a wardrobe update imo. He looks a little fuddy duddy.

I don't think his clothes are too bad, the trousers are a bit ill-fitting. The jumper is okay. I just wish he would stand up straight. His posture is terrible. It adds to his clothes looking wrong.

:previous: That was a nice story. She's so lucky that she got to meet him!

I don't think his clothes are too bad, the trousers are a bit ill-fitting. The jumper is okay. I just wish he would stand up straight. His posture is terrible. It adds to his clothes looking wrong.
Mmm, okay you may be right. It's the way his clothes are fitting (or not fitting) him. They look too baggy. The sweater (or as you call it jumper) makes it look like he has a pooch tummy.
I agree he has bad posture. I've noticed in other photos that he slouches a lot.

I think William may be self conscious about his height and not being the type to draw attention to himself may subconciously slouch a little. It may also be his way of talking to people more at their eye level.

:previous: That may be, but he needs to learn to stand up straight.

Quite right sereta. It's unhealthy to constantly stoop, not good for the spine. Not to mention it makes him look like an old man. :D
He's lucky to be so tall. Many people would love to have his height. He should stand tall and be proud of it.

William looks so handsome. It's nice to see him relaxing with his mates.
I think he's dressed fine, but wasn't there an article about Justin Timberlake offering to help William with his wardrobe as Justin has a clothing line?

This story shows (at least to me) how friendly William is on a personal level. That was nice of him to take the time out for her. She took some fantastic pictures which shows she really was close by him.

Let's just say the rest is now part of my personal history, told and retold, as he came right over to me with lots of questions, where are you from why are you here what do you think of London why don't you stay longer he loves California he is adorable. He couldn't have been sweeter, or more charming.
Asking lots of questions shows genuine interest in a person. He seems a down to earth, relatable person. I think he's good with people, a real "people person" which will serve him well.

Ahhh... this was a great article to read rather than some of the dirt that's been out everywhere else. :D

This is a good look at who William really is.. not just a face in full dress uniform at something or the man in the tabloids who's got feet so cold he needs warm fuzzy Bart Simpson slippers or well you get the picture. This is a man that got the chance to meet someone that had done something extraordinary and I bet he enjoyed every minute he had talking with Ken Rees (and I bet he's called Harry too and told him what he'd missed).

Quote from article:

"His family heard the Prince was based at nearby RAF Valley and wrote to ask if he would visit. William turned up days later. A pal of Ken revealed: "He was over the Moon about William's visit. "

This example right here shows me how much his mother had influenced him about caring for individual. This is the future.. the future King. I think honestly that the days of the mystique of the BRF are long gone.

William looks so handsome. It's nice to see him relaxing with his mates.
I think he's dressed fine, but wasn't there an article about Justin Timberlake offering to help William with his wardrobe as Justin has a clothing line?

How laughable is that???? From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.

How laughable is that???? From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.

Y'all know that now Wills is in the service, his father has called him the Combat Wombat.. :D

What he wears if really of no interest to me. He's comfortable in his own person and that's what really matters. He has respect and knows where he's going in the Firm yet he's ordinary as the rest of us are, wanting to just enjoy the ordinary life as we do.

Ah perhaps Charles and Diana did so something right. the best of the both of them are in their sons.

This is a good look at who William really is.. not just a face in full dress uniform at something or the man in the tabloids who's got feet so cold he needs warm fuzzy Bart Simpson slippers or well you get the picture. This is a man that got the chance to meet someone that had done something extraordinary and I bet he enjoyed every minute he had talking with Ken Rees (and I bet he's called Harry too and told him what he'd missed).

Quote from article:
"His family heard the Prince was based at nearby RAF Valley and wrote to ask if he would visit. William turned up days later. A pal of Ken revealed: "He was over the Moon about William's visit. "
It is a nice read. I'm impressed that William showed up so quickly (within a few days) as they usually have to book things in advance.
It was nice of him to fit it into his schedule.

Yeah it was good of William to take the time for him. I'll bet William enjoyed the visit just as much as that guy did. They probably had a wonderful conversation talking about his military experiences.

From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.
I'm not familiar with Justin's clothing line but that doesn't sound like something William would wear.

I like it when William visits one on one with people. I remember a while back when he visited that elderly lady who had complained about the Queen using the same photo on her birthday card greeting that gets sent to people over 100 yrs. or something. Anyone else remember that?
I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them. Obviously he can't do this often but it's nice to hear about even if it's occasionally.

I don't think Justin dresses like that anymore. I saw him on a talk show the other day and he was dressed decently. I think he was dressing like that in his younger days.
With that said I don't know what his clothing line looks like or if it would be appropriate for William. I don't think William dresses that bad, I just don't think his clothes don't always fit him properly.

I don't think Justin dresses like that anymore. I saw him on a talk show the other day and he was dressed decently. I think he was dressing like that in his younger days.
With that said I don't know what his clothing line looks like or if it would be appropriate for William. I don't think William dresses that bad, I just don't think his clothes don't always fit him properly.
William might have a hard time finding clothes that fit properly due to his height and long legs. It can make it more difficult. He probably has his suits tailored as they always seems to fit perfectly but I don't think he has his casual clothes made special.

I like it when William visits one on one with people. I remember a while back when he visited that elderly lady who had complained about the Queen using the same photo on her birthday card greeting that gets sent to people over 100 yrs. or something. Anyone else remember that?
I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them. Obviously he can't do this often but it's nice to hear about even if it's occasionally.

I remember that story somewhat. Didn't the Queen then invite her to a garden party or something too? :D

In this situation with Mr. Rees, I think it was very doable for William as Mr. Rees lives in an area in close proximity in North Wales to where William is stationed now. The big factor here is that William is approachable and is actually eager to do things like this. As I said before, I bet the both of them were "over the moon" having the chance to meet each other.

I do honestly think that in situations like this, we're seeing the results of what Diana tried to hard to impress on the boys when they were growing up. I never really knew until I read some of the books written about Diana and her life outside of her public engagements was that she would often go and just visit with folks that might need it just because she could and sometimes she would even take William with her. One of the examples was when she'd visit the hospital where Dr. Khan was working, if he was busy she'd just go "pop" in and talk with people. Both of the boys grew up I think to value the life of each and every person that they meet and have learned that there's not only people out there that are in genuine need of their support as far as charities and patronages go but also people that have done things that are remarkable and worth listening too.

I know I've said in other threads comments about Diana being called the "People's Princess" and my opinion didn't seem very flattering... it was regarded by myself as being kind of a "spin" by Mr. Blair and also her comment in the Panorama interview where she states "I'd rather be Queen of people's hearts" as a slur to HM. Perhaps my opinion needs to be changed.

Just with these two incidents that are spoken of in this post, the one with Mr. Rees and the 100 year old lady that said something about a photograph and it was paid attention to, I see something happening here.

As you said Sereta "I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them." I think we ARE looking at something new. I'm sure its been done before and for various reasons and probably took some scheduling but I do think that in these cases, its William himself that hears about something and makes sure he's going to do something about it because he wants to... not because its a PR visit on the official court calendar type of thing.

Perhaps we're looking right now at the future "People's King". With his mother's outreach to the people and actually caring about them and with his father's passions for global warming and conservation and earth awareness, I think the UK and Commonwealth (should there be one at the time) is going to have another wonderful monarch on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom