Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not really expecting to see William and Harry at the Swedish wedding. You do not see them at events of other royal families at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't expecting either of them to be there but others had been speculating.
We now know that it isn't possible.

The lengthy discussion of the possibility of Prince William one day piloting a plane on a royal tour, the type of aircraft piloted by Crown Prince Willem Alexander of The Netherlands, and the ongoing debate over the definition of a "small plane" have all been moved to the Royal Transportation thread.

Marathon not a sprint for Prince William and Jecca Craig - Telegraph

Jessica Craig, with whom Prince William reportedly carried out a "pretend engagement" while he was staying at Lewa, her family's wildlife reserve in Kenya, before going to university, still looms large in his life.
The latest project which has brought them together is the Safari Marathon, on Lewa, which William is supporting. Last week, the Prince received prospective runners at St James's Palace.

So because he has supported a "project" that is on her land? Is that right?
Thats means they may get back together?
Thats quite far fetched.

They say William is "supporting" this event. Does that mean he'll participate in this marathon? I don't see why he would need to meet with prospective runners at St. James Palace. For what purpose? This article doesn't give much information.

They say William is "supporting" this event. Does that mean he'll participate in this marathon?
I wouldn't be surprised is he does participate in it. He's ran in a marathon before.
Hopefully we'll get more information about it.

They say William is "supporting" this event. Does that mean he'll participate in this marathon? I don't see why he would need to meet with prospective runners at St. James Palace. For what purpose? This article doesn't give much information.

I suppose he met them to encourage them. People training for a marathon need encouragement and this one is one he is interested in so he wants to talk to those taking part and make them feel that their efforts are appreciated.

This marathon also raises money for the Tusk charity that William supports (at least it did last year) so I suppose that is a reason for his interest.

It will be held on the 26th June which is a week after the end of his official tour of South Africa. I found that out here: http://www.tusk.org/safaricom-marathon-2009.asp

If England make it through to the second round of the World Cup they will be playing either on the 26 or 27th (depends on whether they finish 1st or 2nd in their group - and whether I am reading the draw correctly).

With his birthday falling in the week after his tour of SA ends I wonder if he would return to Britain for that event and then go back to Africa for another event. He could of course spend his birthday in SA with Kate, Harry and Chelsy and then stay for England's game or travel to Kenya for the safari or....

I don't think he would fly home for his birthday then fly to SA again. I would presume he would stay there, make sense. :)

I agree that it makes sense for him to stay in one place, whether it is SA for the football, or move to Kenya for the Marathon, or return to England and stay there. A lot would depend on his training requirements of course.

Thx for all the info. on this marathon Iluvbertie. :flowers: So perhaps he's planning on extending his stay in Africa another week.
Will be interesting to see...

I wouldn't be surprised is he does participate in it. He's ran in a marathon before.
Hopefully we'll get more information about it.
What marathon did he run in?

I seem to remember him and Harry running in a race in London, perhaps a couple of years ago. It wasn't quite recent.

I seem to remember him and Harry running in a race in London, perhaps a couple of years ago. It wasn't quite recent.

I remember him running in a sprint event about the time that Harry was preparing for Sandhurst because Harry couldn't run due to the knee injury that delayed his entrance.

He has run the sport relief mile in 2004, 2006.
Not a massive marathon, as far as i recall.

Friday 4th June 2010

Prince William will open the new Help for Heroes Rehabilitation Centre at Headley Court. The Prince will make a short speech, view the specially designed bass relief, tour the new facilities and attend a reception for supporters and injured servicemen, Headley Court, Headley, Epsom, Surrey.
The Prince of Wales - Friday 4th June 2010
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary/friday_4th_june_2010_1232058183.
html

The Telegraph:
Marathon not a sprint for Prince William and Jecca Craig
Jessica Craig, with whom Prince William reportedly carried out a "pretend engagement" while he was staying at Lewa, her family's wildlife reserve in Kenya, before going to university, still looms large in his life.

The latest project which has brought them together is the Safari Marathon, on Lewa, which William is supporting. Last week, the Prince received prospective runners at St James's Palace.
Marathon not a sprint for Prince William and Jecca Craig - Telegraph

Marathon is scheduled for June 26th according to Jecca's family Wildlife Reserve- Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, information.
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy- THE 2010 SAFARICOM MARATHON IS ON SATURDAY 26TH JUNE .
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy:*Safaricom Marathon

Who is this Jessica Craig? Will he be apart of this scheduled marathon or what?

Who is this Jessica Craig? Will he be apart of this scheduled marathon or what?

She is a very close friend of Prince Williams. They were rumoured to be an item, but Clarence House personally denied the relationship.
William missed Peter Phillips wedding to attend Jecca Craigs brothers wedding in SA.
I don't think he will participate in the marathon.

Thanks lumutqueen:flowers:. Are they still friends?

He has run the sport relief mile in 2004, 2006.
Not a massive marathon, as far as i recall.
Okay perhaps marathon wasn't the proper word to use. At any rate he has run in a race before. :cool:

William has been friends with Jecca for a long time. Hasn't he known her longer than Kate?

So perhaps by "supporting this marathon" they mean that he'll bring attention to this event but not participate in it.

You have to be in very good physical condition to have endurance to run in a marathon. I'm not sure William would have the time for that since he's busy with pilot training.

William has been friends with Jecca for a long time. Hasn't he known her longer than Kate?

So perhaps by "supporting this marathon" they mean that he'll bring attention to this event but not participate in it.
Yeah, I believe William dated Jecca before Kate. There was a story going around that Kate whilst sharing living quarters with Wm. (when they were just friends) and others at University was a cover for William as he was dating Jecca.
I wouldn't mind seeing Wm. and Jecca get together again. At least she wouldn't mingle with the press.

It will be interesting to see if William spends his birthday in Africa. I think it will depend on what he plans on doing on the 26th. I don't think he would fly home and then fly out to Africa again. We'll have to see ....

Yeah, I believe William dated Jecca before Kate. There was a story going around that Kate whilst sharing living quarters with Wm. (when they were just friends) and others at University was a cover for William as he was dating Jecca.
I wouldn't mind seeing Wm. and Jecca get together again. At least she wouldn't mingle with the press.
Thx for the answer.

I love Jecca. :D

The picture on the Telegraph article with Jecca on the tailgate of Will's car, is it new? Just curious, if it's from this polo season or a few years old?

Last edited:
I've always had this wee fantasy that Kate was just a coy for the media and he's been really dating Jecca this whole time. I've always liked Jecca.....

I've always had this wee fantasy that Kate was just a coy for the media and he's been really dating Jecca this whole time. I've always liked Jecca.....

That would make sense except that Jecca has recently broken off her own engagement. Are you really sure you would like to suggest that Jecca was engaged to one man while still dating another?

Yes of course, because Jecca would need a coy incase the media ever got suspicious. So she would just get "engaged" to one of her friends for a little while, that way the media would never suspect. Totally plausible in my head. I cant wait till thee engagment announcment, a Spring 2011 wedding.....

Must stop getting so carried away

Last edited:

William never dated Jecca. Clarence House personally released a statement saying so, the only time it has ever done so.

I don't think Kate would put up with being the "showcase" girlfriend, if William liked Jecca, William would publicly date Jecca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom