Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been nothing official from Pr.William pertaining to the Swedish Wedding, there was a tabloid story which made claims, he would not attend. No statements have been made officially as who will attend from the British Royal Family. It is great to see so many of the British Royals have been invited. I'm looking forward to the day to see who from the British Royal Family actually attends.

William could easily attend the wedding and fly to the World Cup duties, I don't understand why one day can not be used for attendance to the future Queen's wedding?
As future Monarchs , Pr.William is in Princess Victoria's age group, IMO, it would be wonderful if Pr.William attended the wedding along with the others invited from the BRF.

I would imagine there will be several Royals who attend both the wedding and the World Cup?

We'll just have to see because I don't think it would be nice to forgo the wedding for the World Cup.

I would love to see him attend the wedding, just for the photos of him amongst all the Royals. :flowers:

Maybe he can do both, with a stand in for him at the World Cup on the one day he attends the wedding?

It would be wonderful to see him amongst the European Royal houses at the wedding.

P.S. How is Camilla's leg, will she be okay to travel in time? I hope so.

He could leave the World Cup for a day, but he might not want to. I imagine a few royals will travel to see their country play, but William is Patron of the England Football Association and he takes his royal seriously. He's been invited, but if he doesn't really know Victoria, and doesn't feel it's time to enter "the world stage" he might choose the World Cup. If push comes to shove i think we can be safe in knowing that Edward and Sophie will at least attend.
There will be no announcement to from any royal family until just before the wedding.

Camilla's leg is still in a cast, should be out of the cast for the wedding, and relatively healed, depending on the break. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine one day away from the World Cup for a future Queen's wedding would be a possibility for William if is asked to attend.

I hope so. I can't wait to see who attends. So many wonderful photos.

England plays a game starting at 8.30p.m. on the 18th June. It probably won't finish until about 10.00 or 10.15 p.m.

He would have to then catch a flight to Stockholm in time for the wedding.

I don't think he will make the wedding given his position as Patron of the FA as he does have a duty to support England in the World Cup and that includes attending the game on the 18th. I also think he would prefer the World Cup to the wedding of someone he doesn't really know. His invitation is because of his position and not based on friendship really.

Prince William was invited to the Swedish royal wedding.
We will not know until the day, whether he will actually attend.

Här är alla namnen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
How reliable is this publication? Isn't Aftonbladet a Swedish tabloid?
I didn't think royal houses released the list of who received an invitation. I thought they only released the list of who confirmed they would be attending.

:previous:
If it was a list of RSVPs then I don't think Jonas Bergstrom would be number 6 on the list. :ermm:

It is a list of the people who have been invited, not an RSVP list, and Jonas would've replied since last year anyway so if it was a RSVP list he would still be on there.
The information is pretty accurate.

Isn't Aftonbladet a Swedish tabloid?
Yes, I think Aftonbladet is a tabloid. But why would the Swedish royal family release a list to a tabloid?

As a side note: It would be nice if Camilla does accompany Charles as it would be her first BIG royal event.

Yes, I think Aftonbladet is a tabloid. But why would the Swedish royal family release a list to a tabloid?

The list wasn't released by the SRF, it was released by the government. IMO i think it was released as a distraction from the stories about Princess Madeleines break-up. :)

I didn't realize they invited certain people. I thought they just sent out a certain number of invitations and the royals decided
Would be nice if William could attend Victoria's wedding. We'll have to see...

I didn't realize they invited certain people. I thought they just sent out a certain number of invitations and the royals decided
Would be nice if William could attend Victoria's wedding. We'll have to see...

The invites are usually i think, sent to specific people.
It would be nice if both boys would come, but i doubt it. :)

The list wasn't released by the SRF, it was released by the government. IMO i think it was released as a distraction from the stories about Princess Madeleines break-up. :)
Well, I think it's just as bad for the government to release it to a tabloid. I do understand what you're saying about them wanting to distract from Madeliene's situation though. ;)
I'm not sure William will go to the wedding either.

Thx Opal, I thought so. Wasn't William's event in South Africa already scheduled before Victoria's engagement was announced?

Thx Opal, I thought so. Wasn't William's event in South Africa already scheduled before Victoria's engagement was announced?

The World Cup in South Africa has been scheduled for many years yes.

England qualified last year and the actual dates on which games were to be played wasn't finalised until either late last year or early this year so the actual dates that William will be at games wasn't known until after the engagement announcement. However his position as Patron of the FA and as one of those pushing for England to host either 2018 or 2022 means that he should be at all England's games at the very least. That would mean that he would need to be in South Africa the night before the wedding and have to make a mad dash to make it. IMO he won't bother.

The invites are usually i think, sent to specific people.
Thank you for the reply. And I assume if certain members that received the invitation can't make it, then they could pass it on to someone else. Isn't it unusual for the BRF to send many members to one event. Don't they usually just send one person or one couple?

^^
They may send out several invitations in the hopes that at least one will reply. ;)

I've often thought one of the reasons William didn't choose the navy (Dartmouth) is to avoid unnecessary comparisons to his father.
That could very well be. It also may be simply because he loves to fly.

Thank you for the reply. And I assume if certain members that received the invitation can't make it, then they could pass it on to someone else. Isn't it unusual for the BRF to send many members to one event. Don't they usually just send one person or one couple?

Seeing by the list William and Harry have been invited, if they can't make it, they won't pass there invites to another member. They will just allow other members to attend.
They usually invite more than 1 couple to be on the safe said.
Sometimes 3 people attend Prince Charles, Sophie and Edward more often than not. But this time I think Camilla will join then. :)

That could very well be. It also may be simply because he loves to fly.
At the time he signed up to attend Sandhurst I don't think William had decided he wanted to fly yet. That came later. So I think he purposefully wanted to avoid Dartmouth (and comparisons to his father) and forge his own way.

^^
Oh, okay, I see your point.

Doesn't William also have an airplane pilot's license in addition to a helicopter one? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me he acquired an airplane license in the beginning of his RAF training.

Doesn't William also have an airplane pilot's license in addition to a helicopter one? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me he acquired an airplane license in the beginning of his RAF training.
Sorry Shanaz, it didn't see your question before. Yes William first learned how to fly fixed wing planes with the Royal Air Force prior to learning how to pilot helicopters.

Here is a link to an article from 2008 talking about it.
BBC News Online | UK | Prince William to train as pilot

This article says that the tour will continue until the 19th June which would mean that they won't be attending Victoria's wedding on the same day.

For it to be ending on the 19th there would be some official duty that day if only a farewell, which surely would have to take place during daylight hours meaning they won't have the 13 necessary hours to reach Stockholm in time for the nuptials.

So does that mean William will also miss the Garter ceremony which will take place June 14th

As the tour is to begin on the 14th I would presume so as it takes about 13 hours or so to reach South Africa from London and they would again need to be there that day if that is the start of the tour.

Apparently it would mean that, unless the difference in time zones would allow them to get to SA on the 14th having been at the Garter Ceremony earlier. But I doubt it.

So does that mean William will also miss the Garter ceremony which will take place June 14th

As far as I know, South Africa and the UK are either in the same time zone or very close (within an hour or two), so I doubt it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom