The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had my first taste of wine at 15. It probably was only occasionally that she allowed him to have a little. Although William did say "you always let me...", but then teenagers tend to exaggerate to get their way.
And who knows, perhaps Piers Morgan exaggerated the story for entertainment purposes.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
And who knows, perhaps Piers Morgan exaggerated the story for entertainment purposes.
I think that's a very good assesment of the situation, CD. I hardly think Diana would let either of her boys become lushes. She hardly seemed to drink herself.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Ha ha - you may be right cd255.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, maybe the word "disturbing" was a little strong, but I just thought 13 was too young. Maybe they are more relaxed about it in Europe.
Then again, cd255 could be right about Piers exaggerating. It wouldn't surprise me.
BTW what is the legal drink age in Europe? Just curious.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
When did this conversation take place? Was this on a visit he did? I don't recall reading about this engagement.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William may put off royal duties to keep flying
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Sereta;1061660]
BTW what is the legal drink age in Europe? [QUOTE]
Sereta, I don't think there is one, though I do know in some pockets of Europe they do have something.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
BTW what is the legal drink age in Europe? Just curious.
Depends on the country.
In the UK to drink its'
5 (in private)
16 (in public with a meal and accompanied by an adult)
18 (otherwise)

It's 18 to purchase.

Legal drinking age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
When did this conversation take place? Was this on a visit he did? I don't recall reading about this engagement.
I couldn't find any information on it either.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

I get the feeling this girl wrote a letter to Prince William that one of his aides answered to since it says "Prince William noted." Perhaps Will told the aide to write that so this girl would feel that William actually read the letter
Old 03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, that makes sense Dani90.

Sometimes I think William doesn't really know what he wants to do.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post

Sometimes I think William doesn't really know what he wants to do.
If that article is correct, than I guess it is safe to say William doesn't know what to do. Or is looking for avoid royal duties and his becoming King altogether.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

This shows that Prince William does not need to do royal duties as long as his father is Prince of Wales. Prince William will stay as a pilot as long as he can. If his grandmother dies; he will then take up his royal role and duties. I think this is good for him, because he can keep on living like a normal person. His grandfather, Duke of Edinburgh. once said; he wished he would have more time in his navel career and just being married to a Princess and not a queen. Don't you think Prince William has thought about his grandfather's and father's royal role?.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Sometimes I wonder what drives royals in their role. Some seem to be unhappy with what they are, or what they will be someday. I guess the sense of duty to one's country to stronger with them than with the average person.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, Sonjapearl, I hope what drives royals in their roles in a sense of duty to one's country, but if a royal could live like a normal person for a time. I say it is okay. Why not let Prince William pilot for a while. I don't think BRF needs to Princes out there.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with your general sentiment.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Frustrated by advisers who argued that his position in the line of succession means he cannot be risked in a war zone, William is still holding out hope that a way can somehow be found for him to serve with British forces in Afghanistan. One possibility, though senior MoD officials may baulk at the heightened risks to the future King, is he could switch to flying RAF Chinook helicopters supporting combat and logistical operations in southern Afghanistan’s Helmand province.
I wish he would stop pining to serve in Afghanistan. It simply can't happen given who he is and he needs to accept this!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Is it genuinely him pining, or is it the media cooking all this up on a slow news day?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There are ways he can fight, it's just not right for want of a better word.
But as muriel said this is the express they'll be cooking up stories on a slow news day. I'm sure William understands there are very little ways for him to go to the front line.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whilst I can understand him wanting to serve his country on the front lines, I agree that because of his position I don't think it's possible. It must be very frustrating to want to do something but you can't because of who you are. With that said I really hope he doesn't go.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william