The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why William's hair is so dark in the photos. His hair looks normal in the video. Perhaps it was the lighting, or Rankin might have wanted to try something different. He's known for being on the cutting edge and trying different things.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I don't know why William's hair is so dark in the photos. His hair looks normal in the video. Perhaps it was the lighting, or Rankin might have wanted to try something different. He's known for being on the cutting edge and trying different things.
Quote:
Apparently it's all down to legendary photographer Rankin (he is so famous that he doesn't have to use his first name) and some over-enthusiastic studio lighting and technical jiggery-pokery.
William's spokesman said that as the portraits were 'artwork' and not a straight-forward snap, a specific form of lighting was used to create a clear, crisp image - which immediately darkened the royal hair.
The portraits were then developed to give William a 'natural' skin tone, but this further darkened all the non-white tones - including William's mop.
From the Daily mail article.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oops I overlooked that article, but it sounds like I guessed it correctly.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

William looks so handsome in these photos from the photograph session with famous photographer Rankin and also Jeff Hubbard (formerly a homeless person).

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/968...DDF30AD33ED6AB (with Jeff Hubbard)
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/968...AB0BA0AB71D91B
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/968...EB3FF6B432E509

William behind the camera (taking photos of Jeff Hubbard)
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/968...AA3C5500BCF26A
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/968...96540C55127490
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Prince William attends the Orange British Academy Film Awards
2010 at the Royal Opera House on February 21, 2010 in London,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio ** belga **
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like he walked the red carpet. I look forward to watching this.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Its a wonderful entrance, he looks beautiful in black tie. I hope I haven't missed him

http://www.bafta.org/awards/film/news,1029,BA.html

He's to succeed Richard Attenborough as President of BAFTA.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the info. Now his appearance at the BAFTA's makes sense.

I didn't understand the Royal Family's previous association with the BAFTA's and was concerned that the Prince was blurring the lines between royalty and celebrity. But now I have a better understanding.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Neither did I. He's on now and Jonathon Ross has just announced it that Richard is retiring due to illness.
Unfortunatly William seems very nervous (understandable) and he kept his eyes on his card.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Prince William visits Alder Hey Children's Hospital, where he officially
launched their new Intra-Operative 3-Tesla MRI scanner facility, on
February 22, 2010 in Liverpool, England.
The paediatric Intra-Operative scanner is the first of its kind in Europe
and one of only two such facilities world-wide.

On pic 5 you can see William taking part in an archery lesson, whilst
wearing a blindfold to simulate visual impairment, at St Dunstan's centre
in Llandudno, North Wales. St Dunstan's is a new centre open to support
blind and visually impaired ex-servicemen and women.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio gallery **
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Very good to see William out and about and gradually increasing the numberof royal engagements he undertakes alongside his military duties.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thanks for the info. Now his appearance at the BAFTA's makes sense.
I was a little concerned about this too. But now we know the reason. Congrats to William about becoming their new President. I do hope Richard Attenborough will be ok whatever his illness is.

Did anyone else watch the BAFTA awards last night? William looked dapper in his tux.
I don't know what all the fuss about Vanessa Redgrave being a replublican was. She was very gracious and respectful, and even did a deep curtsey to William. She was obviously moved about receiving her Fellowship award.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The press were trying to capitalise on the irony, a republic recieving a lifetime achievement award from the royal.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video: Bafta winners 2010: Prince William presents Vanessa Redgrave with award - Telegraph

Vanessa Redgrave praised both the Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales and gave a deep elegant cursty to Prince William. She is a grande dame that one, one of my favs to watch.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Courtier

as if we didn't know!

'You'll have to wait a while yet': Prince William lets slip that there may not be a royal wedding for some time | Mail Online
Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Iceflower. A busy couple of days for William! In pic 5 - oh dear - shooting arrows blindfolded. Everyone stand clear!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Did anyone else watch the BAFTA awards last night? William looked dapper in his tux...
Yes, I watched the BAFTA's. Kudos to him for becoming the new President of the BAFTA's.
I agree he was very handsome in his tuxedo.
I think overall he did a good job. I noticed he chose to read from his card rather than the teleprompter. Perhaps it was too difficult to see. Even Mickey Rourke commented that it was too far away and had a hard time reading it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Vanessa Redgrave praised both the Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales and gave a deep elegant cursty to Prince William. She is a grande dame that one, one of my favs to watch.
Vanessa is a classy lady! She's one of my favourite actresses too.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Majesty

I think William is still quite nervous speaking in public, and in time will learn to speak extempore, just as his father usually does.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

It was funny when he said it was daunting.
He did a good job.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think William is still quite nervous speaking in public, and in time will learn to speak extempore, just as his father usually does.
It's certainly understandable for him to be nervous. It's his first time at such a prestegious event as this and in front of all these celebrities not to mention the millions of viewers watching. Plus he doesn't have much experience in public speaking to begin with. All things considered he seemed pretty calm and did a very good job. I agree with you that in time he will get better.

Article from the event.
Baftas 2010: My Prince Charming! Even Vanessa Redgrave bends her knee to William | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william