The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Random thought: Can you imagine being the lady seated in front of them?

Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Great pictures. They all look so happy.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Random thought: Can you imagine being the lady seated in front of them?
Ha ha! Might end up with an aching neck by the end of the evening!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William awarded his wings | Mail Online

No surprise that Kate was there.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

BBC report on the presentation. Kate evidently very proud too!

BBC News
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I just posted about the RAF ceremony at Royal Romance, with a link to video that shows William and Kate chatting and Kate rubbing his back. They look very in sync. Great to see both Kate and Charles/Camilla supporting William's military career!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I just posted about the RAF ceremony at Royal Romance, with a link to video that shows William and Kate chatting and Kate rubbing his back. They look very in sync. Great to see both Kate and Charles/Camilla supporting William's military career!
What a wonderful video.
William looks so strict and professional when walking up to his father.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

So how long will this part of his Career take
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

From The Telegraph:

Quote:
He will become an operational pilot in 2011 and undertake a three-year search and rescue tour of duty.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So he's going to be out on duty until 2014?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Courtier

It seems like Kate remembered about the press and quickly removed her hand,
Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Majesty

Has anybody noticed, in reading about the Haitian earthquake, the British SAR personnel are being sent to assist in the aid efforts?

I wonder if something dreadful like this happens during William's service, whether he would actually get to do something like that or whether he will only serve in Britain is the 'safer' environment there. Of course no real SAR mission (as opposed to training missions) is safe but a place like Haiti at the moment is not the safest place so I wonder if he would be able to serve somewhere like that? I hope that he does, although I really do hope that nothing like that happens while he is serving (but we all know that natural disasters happen every year).

Haiti earthquake: family of missing British UN worker Ann Barnes 'fear the worst' - Telegraph The final paragraph of this article is the relevant one - The first British search and rescue workers have arrived in the country to help scour the rubble for survivors, but there is frustration on the streets at the lack of aid which is getting through to those who need it.

I have read this in other reports as well.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

So he's going to be out on duty until 2014?

Could this mean a wedding postponed until 2014 or 2015?

This makes sense to me so that he is by Kate's (or whomever's) side when they are launched on their royal duties but while he is on military service he can only do royal duties on weekends or on his leave time and she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Daylife
Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Could this mean a wedding postponed until 2014 or 2015?

This makes sense to me so that he is by Kate's (or whomever's) side when they are launched on their royal duties but while he is on military service he can only do royal duties on weekends or on his leave time and she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.
Thats what I thought.
As for the Haiti article, I hope William would participate in helping were a disaster to occur like this again.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Majesty

William had now arrived in New Zealand.

Prince William arrives in New Zealand | The Daily Telegraph
Old 01-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Now I am confused. I thought this was a official tour of New Zealand and an unofficial one to Australia but his departure was deemed 'private' and hence no photographers were allowed.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Wills 'private' Royal tour

This is stupid - if it is an official tour then photos leaving, arriving in New Zealand, doing the official stuff in New Zealand, leaving New Zealand and arriving back in Britain to me are expected.

I would be fine if there were no photos of his unofficial tour of Australia as that is not representing the Queen and therefore is a private tour.

If photos of him leaving are deemed private then I assume that for consistencies sake, there will be no photos of him throughout the tour.

I totally suppor the royal family's desire and demand for there to be no photos of them when doing things on their private property but when officially representing the Queen I think that photos should be expected.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Not necessarily. Kate's not going to be in as senior a position as Diana or even Sarah were during the 80s. But once Prince Charles takes the throne, then she'd be expected to do much more as the wife of the heir to the throne. I expect that she'd make appearances with William, but doing solo appearances right away? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
she would be expected to be doing full time duties from day 1.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Not necessarily. Kate's not going to be in as senior a position as Diana or even Sarah were during the 80s. But once Prince Charles takes the throne, then she'd be expected to do much more as the wife of the heir to the throne. I expect that she'd make appearances with William, but doing solo appearances right away? No.

She would certainly be more senior than Sarah was when she married. Sarah married the 4th in line to the throne (both William and Harry had been born).

Kate (or whomever) will be marrying the second in line and thus would be expected to be doing as much if not more than Sarah.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Harry at covers

William at the cover of Majesty-magazine:

http://www.majestymagazine.com/images/issue/large.jpg

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william