The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Lets not make this a discussion about the actions of Imperial Britain.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Majesty

I hope, for his sake, it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
That said, the way he was quoted in this article made him sound like he has a lot of Princess Diana in him. That could be good or bad, I suppose...

Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
I thought that was called the U.K?

I meant historically, the British.
Well the Island of Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland, but I know they wouldn't like it.

What do you mean historically, the British.
I have no idea about the history of invading Afghanistan, and I don't think anyone my age, unless they have member of their family in the forces, know what happened in the past.
I could even say that they don't know why we are there now.

William can say he wants to fight, but he never will.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well the Island of Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland, but I know they wouldn't like it.

What do you mean historically, the British.
I have no idea about the history of invading Afghanistan, and I don't think anyone my age, unless they have member of their family in the forces, know what happened in the past.
I could even say that they don't know why we are there now.

William can say he wants to fight, but he never will.
I feel like if I answer I might get into trouble from Zonk haha.

Historically, who didn't the British invade is the question. But, yeah, the British empire (and Russia) had previously invaded Afghanistan twice (and failed). Thus the argument as to why such a stupid war was started again in the land that can't be won.

However, I think (or hope) that if William did go he would be going to help build up the city and not go to shoot at people. It's highly unlikely he will, I agree.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well he seems quite happy in his current position with the Search and Rescue and from reports is doing very well with it, so I don't know why he would still want to go to the front lines.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Well he seems quite happy in his current position with the Search and Rescue and from reports is doing very well with it, so I don't know why he would still want to go to the front lines.

Because it is highly possible that his Search and Rescue unit could be posted there and he would want to go - SAR does both military and civilian rescues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
I feel like if I answer I might get into trouble from Zonk haha.

Historically, who didn't the British invade is the question. But, yeah, the British empire (and Russia) had previously invaded Afghanistan twice (and failed). Thus the argument as to why such a stupid war was started again in the land that can't be won.

However, I think (or hope) that if William did go he would be going to help build up the city and not go to shoot at people. It's highly unlikely he will, I agree.

The Australians are there mainly to assist in rebuilding but they are often forced to shoot at people and kill them - any soldier in that place would be expected to do so and that, after all, is the main focus of the military - to kill people.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princes William and Harry 'shocked' after Charles Stisted killed in helicopter crash | Mail Online

Quote:
Princes William and Harry were in deep shock last night after a friend of the Royal Family was killed in a helicopter crash.
Charlie Stisted, 47 was one of three men returning home from a hunting trip when their aircraft came down in County Down, Northern Ireland yesterday afternoon.

Mr Stisted was head of the Guards Polo Club - whose president is the Duke of Edinburgh - and was a close friend of the Prince of Wales and Princes William and Harry.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
and that, after all, is the main focus of the military - to kill people.
Actually, their main focus is to do the job they are assigned to do, whether it is a mission that is to wipe out insurgents, or fix Black Hawks like my son did whilst he was in Afghanistan. Of course they have been trained to kill should they have to use those skills, they have them.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Prince William handed out silver and gold pins to sailors at HMNB Clyde naval
base on October 28, 2010 in Faslane, Scotland. The presentation ceremony
was held at Faslane, recently named as the future home of Britains submarine
services.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Courtier

ahHHH He is so handsome on uniform...

more pics..

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wonderful to see, and in Scotland as well.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Courtier

more pics..

Agentura isifa Image Service

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/pri...ners_1_1589653

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-spirits.html
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Courtier

see video

Prince honours Faslane submariners | Glasgow and West | STV News
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Majesty

Submariners seem to be an extra-brave group of men as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William reveals thinning hairline as he salutes sailors at HM Naval Base | Mail Online

Quote:
Prince William appeared red faced today as he removed his naval hat to reveal his increasingly thinning hair.

The 28-year-old Royal was saluting sailors at the HM Naval Base Clyde at Faslane in his naval uniform today where his ever-growing bald spot was on display.

The folically-challenged Prince, who oozed confidence in his dapper uniform as Commodore in Chief Submarines, hid his face in his hands as the cameras zoomed in on his sparse hairline.
Focus on the hair not the reason he's there.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Courtier

who cares, I say shave it all off those eyes and face say it all... Hair or not he is so good looking. IMO
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

William is indeed dashing in that uniform...

Too bad the Daily Mail turned the event into another balding showcase...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

It's really shallow. We all know that he's losing his hair, but that's not the end of the world.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William raises submariners' spirits on trip to Faslane naval base on the river Clyde - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

He does look handsome indeed! It's good to see him doing an official engagement in Scotland.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william