The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
haha - I love it when they have "friendly" sibling rivalry. I can see William doing this.

I wonder how anyone knew what was in a private card given between the brothers? Someone at either base or their home isn't to be trusted obviously - or did one of the brothers show the press the card?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wonder how anyone knew what was in a private card given between the brothers? Someone at either base or their home isn't to be trusted obviously - or did one of the brothers show the press the card?
Or the press are just guessing what was in the card.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Courtier

His first rescue!

BBC News - Prince William carries out rescue during first shift
Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
Great to see him at work.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Majesty

Prince William takes part in first RAF air-sea rescue mission - Telegraph

Prince William takes part in first RAF air-sea rescue mission

Prince William has undertaken his first air-sea rescue mission with the RAF in an off-shore operation off Cumbria to help a stricken oil-rig worker
Old 10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William: I’m ready to shake up the Royal Family

Prince William has told how he wants to modernise the monarchy and *challenge the accepted way of doing things in the Royal Family.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

And I'm sure he will shake things up Royally. Every once in a while they need it.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Courtier

BBC - Newsbeat - Prince William wants to serve on the Afghan front line
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
And I'm sure he will shake things up Royally. Every once in a while they need it.

When he becomes King he will get the chance - in about 30 or so years when he is 60 or so.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

WEll that's bloody well not going to happen. However, he can always visit the troops and raise morale.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

He wants to go to Afghanistan, does he. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to marry Kate? He doesn't have to go get shot up!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
He wants to go to Afghanistan, does he. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to marry Kate? He doesn't have to go get shot up!
I really don't see wanting to see action in Afghanistan having anything whatsoever to do with his personal relationship with Kate. He's been wanting to go there and serve for a long time now.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What does going to Afghanistan have to do with his relationship with Kate?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Quite funny!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William: I’m ready to shake up the Royal Family

Prince William has told how he wants to modernise the monarchy and *challenge the accepted way of doing things in the Royal Family.
The article doesn't give any specifics, so I'm wondering exactly in what way he would like to shake up the monarchy. I suppose we'll find out in time.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Hm, yes. And by then, Prince William's youthful ideas about how to "shake up the monarchy" may have changed!

That said, the way he was quoted in this article made him sound like he has a lot of Princess Diana in him. That could be good or bad, I suppose...
Old 10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Haha! That was hilarious!

That must be the reason, really. The British already know all about the history of invading Afghanistan... I don't see the point in going again.

On a lighter note, it was great to see a recent video of Prince William! He's looking great. He's hair seems darker and his posture is terrible, but he seems very charismatic and relaxed
Old 10-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
The British already know all about the history of invading Afghanistan... I don't see the point in going again.
The British, you mean every single person that lives in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The British, you mean every single person that lives in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
I thought that was called the U.K?

I meant historically, the British.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william