The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I don't think his clothes are too bad, the trousers are a bit ill-fitting. The jumper is okay. I just wish he would stand up straight. His posture is terrible. It adds to his clothes looking wrong.
Mmm, okay you may be right. It's the way his clothes are fitting (or not fitting) him. They look too baggy. The sweater (or as you call it jumper) makes it look like he has a pooch tummy.
I agree he has bad posture. I've noticed in other photos that he slouches a lot.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think William may be self conscious about his height and not being the type to draw attention to himself may subconciously slouch a little. It may also be his way of talking to people more at their eye level.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

That may be, but he needs to learn to stand up straight.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quite right sereta. It's unhealthy to constantly stoop, not good for the spine. Not to mention it makes him look like an old man.
He's lucky to be so tall. Many people would love to have his height. He should stand tall and be proud of it.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
That may be, but he needs to learn to stand up straight.
Oh I agree. I was just explaining why he might have a tendancy to do that.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

William looks so handsome. It's nice to see him relaxing with his mates.
I think he's dressed fine, but wasn't there an article about Justin Timberlake offering to help William with his wardrobe as Justin has a clothing line?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

This story shows (at least to me) how friendly William is on a personal level. That was nice of him to take the time out for her. She took some fantastic pictures which shows she really was close by him.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Let's just say the rest is now part of my personal history, told and retold, as he came right over to me with lots of questions, where are you from why are you here what do you think of London why don't you stay longer he loves California he is adorable. He couldn't have been sweeter, or more charming.
Asking lots of questions shows genuine interest in a person. He seems a down to earth, relatable person. I think he's good with people, a real "people person" which will serve him well.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wills is pals with Great Escape hero | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

Quote:
Military history fan Wills, 28, leapt at the chance to meet 90-year-old former bomber pilot Ken Rees.
Ken's exploits were the basis for Hollywood legend Steve McQueen's character Virgil Hilts in the classic 1963 film.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ahhh... this was a great article to read rather than some of the dirt that's been out everywhere else.

This is a good look at who William really is.. not just a face in full dress uniform at something or the man in the tabloids who's got feet so cold he needs warm fuzzy Bart Simpson slippers or well you get the picture. This is a man that got the chance to meet someone that had done something extraordinary and I bet he enjoyed every minute he had talking with Ken Rees (and I bet he's called Harry too and told him what he'd missed).

Quote from article:

"His family heard the Prince was based at nearby RAF Valley and wrote to ask if he would visit. William turned up days later. A pal of Ken revealed: "He was over the Moon about William's visit. "

This example right here shows me how much his mother had influenced him about caring for individual. This is the future.. the future King. I think honestly that the days of the mystique of the BRF are long gone.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
William looks so handsome. It's nice to see him relaxing with his mates.
I think he's dressed fine, but wasn't there an article about Justin Timberlake offering to help William with his wardrobe as Justin has a clothing line?
How laughable is that???? From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
How laughable is that???? From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.
Y'all know that now Wills is in the service, his father has called him the Combat Wombat..

What he wears if really of no interest to me. He's comfortable in his own person and that's what really matters. He has respect and knows where he's going in the Firm yet he's ordinary as the rest of us are, wanting to just enjoy the ordinary life as we do.

Ah perhaps Charles and Diana did so something right. the best of the both of them are in their sons.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is a good look at who William really is.. not just a face in full dress uniform at something or the man in the tabloids who's got feet so cold he needs warm fuzzy Bart Simpson slippers or well you get the picture. This is a man that got the chance to meet someone that had done something extraordinary and I bet he enjoyed every minute he had talking with Ken Rees (and I bet he's called Harry too and told him what he'd missed).

Quote from article:
"His family heard the Prince was based at nearby RAF Valley and wrote to ask if he would visit. William turned up days later. A pal of Ken revealed: "He was over the Moon about William's visit. "
It is a nice read. I'm impressed that William showed up so quickly (within a few days) as they usually have to book things in advance.
It was nice of him to fit it into his schedule.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah it was good of William to take the time for him. I'll bet William enjoyed the visit just as much as that guy did. They probably had a wonderful conversation talking about his military experiences.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
From classic clothing to that stupid "hoodie" + knit cap and combat boots look? Yuk. PW is doing just fine with his clothing.
I'm not familiar with Justin's clothing line but that doesn't sound like something William would wear.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like it when William visits one on one with people. I remember a while back when he visited that elderly lady who had complained about the Queen using the same photo on her birthday card greeting that gets sent to people over 100 yrs. or something. Anyone else remember that?
I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them. Obviously he can't do this often but it's nice to hear about even if it's occasionally.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't think Justin dresses like that anymore. I saw him on a talk show the other day and he was dressed decently. I think he was dressing like that in his younger days.
With that said I don't know what his clothing line looks like or if it would be appropriate for William. I don't think William dresses that bad, I just don't think his clothes don't always fit him properly.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't think Justin dresses like that anymore. I saw him on a talk show the other day and he was dressed decently. I think he was dressing like that in his younger days.
With that said I don't know what his clothing line looks like or if it would be appropriate for William. I don't think William dresses that bad, I just don't think his clothes don't always fit him properly.
William might have a hard time finding clothes that fit properly due to his height and long legs. It can make it more difficult. He probably has his suits tailored as they always seems to fit perfectly but I don't think he has his casual clothes made special.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I like it when William visits one on one with people. I remember a while back when he visited that elderly lady who had complained about the Queen using the same photo on her birthday card greeting that gets sent to people over 100 yrs. or something. Anyone else remember that?
I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them. Obviously he can't do this often but it's nice to hear about even if it's occasionally.
I remember that story somewhat. Didn't the Queen then invite her to a garden party or something too?

In this situation with Mr. Rees, I think it was very doable for William as Mr. Rees lives in an area in close proximity in North Wales to where William is stationed now. The big factor here is that William is approachable and is actually eager to do things like this. As I said before, I bet the both of them were "over the moon" having the chance to meet each other.

I do honestly think that in situations like this, we're seeing the results of what Diana tried to hard to impress on the boys when they were growing up. I never really knew until I read some of the books written about Diana and her life outside of her public engagements was that she would often go and just visit with folks that might need it just because she could and sometimes she would even take William with her. One of the examples was when she'd visit the hospital where Dr. Khan was working, if he was busy she'd just go "pop" in and talk with people. Both of the boys grew up I think to value the life of each and every person that they meet and have learned that there's not only people out there that are in genuine need of their support as far as charities and patronages go but also people that have done things that are remarkable and worth listening too.

I know I've said in other threads comments about Diana being called the "People's Princess" and my opinion didn't seem very flattering... it was regarded by myself as being kind of a "spin" by Mr. Blair and also her comment in the Panorama interview where she states "I'd rather be Queen of people's hearts" as a slur to HM. Perhaps my opinion needs to be changed.

Just with these two incidents that are spoken of in this post, the one with Mr. Rees and the 100 year old lady that said something about a photograph and it was paid attention to, I see something happening here.

As you said Sereta "I don't know of any other royals who do this sort of thing, going to their home to sit and talk with them." I think we ARE looking at something new. I'm sure its been done before and for various reasons and probably took some scheduling but I do think that in these cases, its William himself that hears about something and makes sure he's going to do something about it because he wants to... not because its a PR visit on the official court calendar type of thing.

Perhaps we're looking right now at the future "People's King". With his mother's outreach to the people and actually caring about them and with his father's passions for global warming and conservation and earth awareness, I think the UK and Commonwealth (should there be one at the time) is going to have another wonderful monarch on their hands.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I remember the story Sereta is talking about too. Here is the link to it:

Prince William visits 109-year-old woman to say sorry for the Queen's birthday card - Telegraph

I agree with your analysis Osipi.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william