Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to go to Afghanistan, does he. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to marry Kate? He doesn't have to go get shot up!

I really don't see wanting to see action in Afghanistan having anything whatsoever to do with his personal relationship with Kate. He's been wanting to go there and serve for a long time now.

He wants to go to Afghanistan, does he. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to marry Kate? He doesn't have to go get shot up!

What does going to Afghanistan have to do with his relationship with Kate?

Hm, yes. And by then, Prince William's youthful ideas about how to "shake up the monarchy" may have changed! :)

That said, the way he was quoted in this article made him sound like he has a lot of Princess Diana in him. That could be good or bad, I suppose...

Haha! That was hilarious!

That must be the reason, really. The British already know all about the history of invading Afghanistan... I don't see the point in going again.

On a lighter note, it was great to see a recent video of Prince William! He's looking great. He's hair seems darker and his posture is terrible, but he seems very charismatic and relaxed :king:

The British already know all about the history of invading Afghanistan... I don't see the point in going again.

The British, you mean every single person that lives in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

Lets not make this a discussion about the actions of Imperial Britain.

I thought that was called the U.K?

I meant historically, the British.

Well the Island of Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland, but I know they wouldn't like it. :)

What do you mean historically, the British.
I have no idea about the history of invading Afghanistan, and I don't think anyone my age, unless they have member of their family in the forces, know what happened in the past.
I could even say that they don't know why we are there now.

William can say he wants to fight, but he never will.

Well the Island of Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland, but I know they wouldn't like it. :)

What do you mean historically, the British.
I have no idea about the history of invading Afghanistan, and I don't think anyone my age, unless they have member of their family in the forces, know what happened in the past.
I could even say that they don't know why we are there now.

William can say he wants to fight, but he never will.

I feel like if I answer I might get into trouble from Zonk haha.

Historically, who didn't the British invade is the question. But, yeah, the British empire (and Russia) had previously invaded Afghanistan twice (and failed). Thus the argument as to why such a stupid war was started again in the land that can't be won.

However, I think (or hope) that if William did go he would be going to help build up the city and not go to shoot at people. It's highly unlikely he will, I agree.

Well he seems quite happy in his current position with the Search and Rescue and from reports is doing very well with it, so I don't know why he would still want to go to the front lines.

Because it is highly possible that his Search and Rescue unit could be posted there and he would want to go - SAR does both military and civilian rescues.

I feel like if I answer I might get into trouble from Zonk haha.

Historically, who didn't the British invade is the question. But, yeah, the British empire (and Russia) had previously invaded Afghanistan twice (and failed). Thus the argument as to why such a stupid war was started again in the land that can't be won.

However, I think (or hope) that if William did go he would be going to help build up the city and not go to shoot at people. It's highly unlikely he will, I agree.

The Australians are there mainly to assist in rebuilding but they are often forced to shoot at people and kill them - any soldier in that place would be expected to do so and that, after all, is the main focus of the military - to kill people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princes William and Harry 'shocked' after Charles Stisted killed in helicopter crash | Mail Online

Princes William and Harry were in deep shock last night after a friend of the Royal Family was killed in a helicopter crash.
Charlie Stisted, 47 was one of three men returning home from a hunting trip when their aircraft came down in County Down, Northern Ireland yesterday afternoon.

Mr Stisted was head of the Guards Polo Club - whose president is the Duke of Edinburgh - and was a close friend of the Prince of Wales and Princes William and Harry.

and that, after all, is the main focus of the military - to kill people.
Actually, their main focus is to do the job they are assigned to do, whether it is a mission that is to wipe out insurgents, or fix Black Hawks like my son did whilst he was in Afghanistan. Of course they have been trained to kill should they have to use those skills, they have them.

The New Vanity Fair with Cher has a feature on Williams' private life.

There's an article about Prince William and his relationship with Kate Middleton in the December issue of Vanity Fair (with Cher on the cover).

The website of William's workplace:

RAF Valley - RAF Valley Homepage

Aim of the Station: to train future fast jet combat pilots; said to be the busiest station in the Royal Air Force.

Every year, RAF Valley organises the Prince of Wales Trophy, a low-level navigational competition which was started in the 1980s at RAF Brawdy.

Prince William has attended the Barclays Premier League match between
Blackpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers at Bloomfield Road today,
November 20, 2010 in Blackpool, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

That's the first time I've seen William with glasses - is that new or am I running behind?

I think I've seen pictures of him wearing glasses before, but for the life of me I cannot recall when that was.

I believe he was wearing them when he couldn't afford that pizza. ;)

Some more info about Prince William's workplace at Royal Air Force Valley (Anglesey):

For the airmen and their families, the base has a "thrift shop" - similar to charity shops - where parents can buy things like books, baby clothes and equiment, and much more

RAF Valley - Thrift Shop

Coping with G-Force: the pull one feels when one turns the aircraft. A Hawk plane pulls seven or eight Gs, so one becomes eight times heavier than one's normal weight.
RAF Valley - A Pilots View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom