Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must have been a little embarrassing though, being late, and with HM there!
Actually according to the write-up the Queen and Prince Phillip didn't arrive until after William got there.
I don't think he would dare keep the Queen waiting, not even to watch sport! :lol:

Actually according to the write-up the Queen and Prince Phillip didn't arrive until after William got there.
I don't think he would dare keep the Queen waiting, not even to watch sport! :lol:

If he did that it would be the height of bad manners in my opinion and despite my personal opinion of the Wales princes I do think that they have been raised with good manners.

If he did that it would be the height of bad manners in my opinion and despite my personal opinion of the Wales princes I do think that they have been raised with good manners.
I can't imagine William ever being disrespectful to his granny.

Prince William stayed away from his friend and mentor, Marko Dyer's
wedding to Amanda Kline in order to play in a charity polo match,
July 3rd, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I love seeing him doing sports, but IMO he should attend this wedding.:ermm:

Why should he?
We have no idea why he isn't there, if he wants to play polo let him play.

The wedding was rescheduled from April. Perhaps PW couldn't cancel his appearance for Tusk Trust once the new wedding date was set.

Correct pinkpearls. This wedding was originally slated for Spring but was cancelled due to the volcanic ash problem. William was probably already scheduled to participate in this charity polo match, and he would never let a charity down that was counting on him.

What? I can't beleive I missed William's birthday! I'm such a bad royal watcher. :ermm:
So did he spend his birthday in Africa or England? Did the British press say anything about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No the press didn't say anything, and to be honest I have no idea where he was. More likely home with Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may have spent it in Africa since Harry was also still there the following week. He could have flown back to England after his birthday on Monday.

Well whether he was in England or Africa I hope he had a nice birthday celebration. The fact that the press never said anything about leads me to believe that he may very well have been in Africa (away from the press) and the press didn't know anything.

I am sure that I read somewhere that he was actually at training on his birthday so he would have been in Wales. I found it in the following story:

Prince William celebrates 28th birthday
It may be William's birthday, but he will be back at work on Monday at RAF Valley, a Royal Air Force station on the island of Anglesey, Wales.

I actually found a number of similar reports - that he was in Wales at work on his birthday and presumably had a quiet night at home with Kate that evening - hence no photos as he wouldn't have gone out.

^ I read it in the morning. Can't wait to see William playing cricket! Hope we get lots of photos and videos!!! :)

The above links don't work for me, dear.:cool: Thank you for the thought anyway!:flowers: Looking forward to the new ones!

If you refresh them Noor, they do work.

17/07/2010 Prince William (right) at a cricket match at Bruern Abbey, Oxfordshire.

Pic **Pic

White doesn't suit him.
He should try purple like Harry:D.

Oh, I love him in white! Why do you think so? :p
He looked quite tired after the game. Thanks, Opal and Melibea!:flowers:

I quite like him in his cricket whites too. He has a very nice athletic build.
Looks like he played a good game!

He doesn't look terrible in white. I just think Will looks nicer in darker colors:flowers:.

He does remind me a lot of Philip in cricket whites. I have seen a number of photos of Philip playing cricket back in the late 40s and 50s and of course Philip is the keenest follower of cricket in the royal family.

For the country's main summer sport the support of the royal family is rather cursory if you ask me - yes the Queen attends one day of the Lord's test each year but it is rare to see any of the royals attending any other days of tests or other internationals.

Yes the Queen is Patron of the MCC and Charles owns The Oval cricket ground but I would like to see them actually attend a few more days - like they do with the winter sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom