Prince William Current Events 20: May-January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Typical press. They never seem to get anything right. But even the most dense journalist should know the Queen isn't Prince William's mother. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its typical American press. For some reason, the American press never checks the facts. I sometimes watch the Today show for their Royal report, and I am positive I (or anyone on this forum) could do a better job. Plus all of their news is stuff that has been discussed HERE months ago!

William and Harry join London 2012 Olympic volunteers
(scroll down)

As the 1,000-day countdown to the Olympics approaches tomorrow, I learn that Princes William and Harry are poised to sign up to the army of London 2012 Olympic volunteers.

The Princes will join 70,000 members of the public who have offered to work in essential roles - such as giving directions to spectators, handing out maps and clearing up rubbish.

Sources close to the young royals say they are keen to get involved on a practical level, not least because their aunt, Princess Anne, is a member of the organising committee. The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG) say they need thousands of people to volunteer to deal with the half-a-million visitors expected to descend on the capital.

Talks are already under way with LOCOG about what precisely their role with be. The problem, of course, is that if the Princes show their faces anywhere they are likely to get mobbed.

Says one aide: 'The queue to ask them directions could get longer than the Olympic stadium.' Despite the obvious drawbacks, however, I am assured they will both have upfront roles of some kind.

I love the last paragraph. :D

:previous:

I would expect them to be involved in handing out medals at some time but hardly giving directions in the street not because they would get mobbed but just the simple security nightmare that that would entail.

Security nightmare or what, what a silly idea, if it's true!

Thanks Dierna23 for posting the article. But oops, they refer to the Queen as William's mother: :ohmy:
"It's all down to cost. Her Majesty The Queen, known to William simply as mother, is keen to show a united front with her subjects as they face Britain's longest and deepest recession in decades."

I'm sure they meant Grandmother.

however in the same article it does state that the late diana, princess of wales is williams mother. to my understanding i think it is implying that william refers to the queen as "mother" amongst his family and friends perhaps !! :flowers:

Last edited:
however in the same article it does state that the queen is williams grandmother. to my understanding i think it is implying that william refers to the queen as "mother" amongst his family and friends perhaps !! :flowers:
I can't see that happening ever, especially among his friends. It would be rude and ill mannered. They had a mother, they have a stepmother and they have two grandmothers all with their own form of address. Who could ever confuse their monther and grandmother.

I'm with Zonk on this, just sloppy work.

:) sorry marg.... its not sugguesting that prince william address the queen in this manner.....but privately amongst his circle etc !!

btw i have edited my post....as i was mistaken abt the queen being stated as his grandmother.....when it is the late princess of wales which has been stated as his mother.....in the article.

sorry abt that :sad:

so therefore given the fact that it has been stated that diana is his mother.... it would be fair to say that my conclusion may be the correct one !!

in addition.....if this was the case......i do not find the prince being disrespectful towards his grandmother : after all the queen is the matriarch of the family ( meaning "mother" who is the head of the family ) !!

Last edited:
I am afraid it would be very disrespectful to the Queen to call her mother when she is Prince William´s grandmother and not only disrespectful to her but to his own mother.
The BRF are a family, but as in most royal families they are both loving and caring but they are very respectful, and especially with regard to royal etiquette.

:sad: oh well.....i think we must agree to disagree with this one.
but it is how i read it i fear ....:flowers:

I can't see that happening ever, especially among his friends. It would be rude and ill mannered. They had a mother, they have a stepmother and they have two grandmothers all with their own form of address. Who could ever confuse their mother and grandmother.

I'm with Zonk on this, just sloppy work.
I am pretty sure he calls his grandmother 'gran' or granny, especially when with friends. If he called her mother/mummy/mum they would think he was bonkers!:ROFLMAO:

Sloppy journalism.

Right. I remember reading that William and Harry refer to the Queen as Granny. I think Harry even mentioned it one time in an interview but I can't remember which one.

I think it's great they want to help out and it's also setting a good example because the Olympics can't function without all the thousands of volunteers that are needed. Obviously they haven't determined what the Princes will do and they have time to work it all out, but it will be interesting to see what jobs they take.

I can't post this in the Australia Thread so I figured I would post it here. I am so excited about William coming to Australia in it's only 2 months away! I can't wait.

:previous:

I'm a little surprised at my own reaction. I didn't think I'd want to see William, but I might time one of my regular trips to Sydney to coincide with his visit and see if I can snap a few pics of him. :)

Personally I couldn't care less that he is coming and won't be changing by plans just because he is here.

I can't post this in the Australia Thread so I figured I would post it here. I am so excited about William coming to Australia in it's only 2 months away! I can't wait.

:) I scrolled back but missed the details . When, where & why will William be in Australia?

:) I scrolled back but missed the details . When, where & why will William be in Australia?

William will be in New Zealand and Australia representing the Queen in January 2010. He'll open the Supreme Court in Wellington, New Zealand

On January 19 he'll come to Australia and will spend three days in Melbourne and in Sydney as a beginning to get to know Australia and its people.

“During his visit, Prince William will focus on his core interests of supporting Servicemen and women, helping young people fulfil their potential, and sustainable development in the light of climate change. The Prince will also use the visit to learn more about local Indigenous issues and visit the bushfire-ravaged countryside in Victoria.” Prince William to visit Australia | The Australian

William will be in New Zealand and Australia representing the Queen in January 2010. He'll open the Supreme Court in Wellington, New Zealand

On January 19 he'll come to Australia and will spend three days in Melbourne and in Sydney as a beginning to get to know Australia and its people.

“During his visit, Prince William will focus on his core interests of supporting Servicemen and women, helping young people fulfil their potential, and sustainable development in the light of climate change. The Prince will also use the visit to learn more about local Indigenous issues and visit the bushfire-ravaged countryside in Victoria.” Prince William to visit Australia | The Australian

3 days. Not much of a chance to get to know anything. I don't know why I get the impression he'll be staying a bit longer privately - i.e. the beach...it willl be the height of summer in Australia after all. Maybe he'll stay with the family Harry stayed with in Queensland - they have a house at the Sunshine Coast.

I'm actually surprised he wouldn't stay for Australia Day either.

When does he go back to his day time job?

I believe that he is going during his off week from the military. So, yeah he has to go back to flying helicopters and rescuing poor helpless individuals from harm's way.

I don't think William has a say in his itinerary. Other people probably work that out for him.
He is doing this visit during a week off from his RAF training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William has urged people to back a local newspaper campaign in memory of a disabled former fighter pilot who died last weekend. Former Vulcan pilot Norman Tench was the inspiration behind a new project, launched by the Bucks Herald this week, which aims to help injured service personnel find new freedom through flying.

Journalism jobs and news from Holdthefrontpage.co.uk

IMO P William is doing a great job. I am interested to see him continue on and develop his royal niche. Hopefully he can dedicate his royal time to issues that really interest him on a personal level. Both his mother and father were/are good at doing so.

This is the first time that I've heard of the Canadian Rangers. Has anyone else heard of them? They must be in very remote areas.
The Canadian Rangers are part-time reservists who provide a military presence in remote, isolated and coastal communities of Canada. Formally established in 1947, Canadian Rangers are responsible for protecting Canada's sovereignty by reporting unusual activities or sightings, collecting local data of significance to the Canadian Forces, and conducting surveillance or sovereignty patrols as required

Canadian Rangers | Army Life | Canadian Army | National Defence and the Canadian Forces

:flowers:

Thank you for the information, Skydragon. It must be that there just aren't any working in the "remote, coastal" areas I'm aware of. Canada's a big place.;):flowers:

Thank you for the information, Skydragon. It must be that there just aren't any working in the "remote, coastal" areas I'm aware of. Canada's a big place.;):flowers:
You are welcome, there seem to be so many different regiments, all with their own duties, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom