The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

She did that a while ago, when she refused to play at the Concert For Diana and I say well done to her.
i agree! very well done by pink. royals hunting has got to end. what a bad example to the population. nearly as bad as smoking or drinking alcohol in public.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Thanks Dierna23

Here's a full article about it:
Prince William beats Prince Harry in helicopter pilot race - Telegraph

Good for William for completing such a tough course!!!
A big congrats to HRH for accomplishing this! I'm sure he's glad to get past that part and move onto the second phase. I'm still not clear on exactly when he graduates the full course though. I keep hearing different time frames.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Great news to hear! He will be free in near time to attend to other matters. I'm glad he passed the trials for his training. It's an honor to serve the country as humble as is his calling. I respect all servants of the armed forces who are often selfless and courageous. I wonder what it's like to walk in his shoes. Honor bound I imagine. Here's to wishing him a life full of love. Congratulations.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i agree! very well done by pink. royals hunting has got to end. what a bad example to the population. nearly as bad as smoking or drinking alcohol in public.
I agree, fox huntin isn't good but there are certain things you shouldn't say about people let alone a royal, calling him a a**hole is too far across the line.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani90 View Post
I agree, fox huntin isn't good but there are certain things you shouldn't say about people let alone a royal, calling him a a**hole is too far across the line.
She has the right to call him what she likes royal or not.
She did say she thought her would be as stuffy a**hole but after his response decided he was just a redneck. She could have called him worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Royalty View Post
Great news to hear! He will be free in near time to attend to other matters. I'm glad he passed the trials for his training. It's an honor to serve the country as humble as is his calling. I respect all servants of the armed forces who are often selfless and courageous. I wonder what it's like to walk in his shoes. Honor bound I imagine. Here's to wishing him a life full of love. Congratulations.
Marraige?
His training will take 18-20 months then will serve on a tour that will last 30-36 months.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I always find it odd that Drudge would put news on the British royals on his site. I remember when Wills and Kate temporarily split in 2007, he listed every headline possible. I doubt most Americans could care about Prince William or Harry, especially since Diana has been dead for 12 years.
You would be amazed how many people do care about Will and Harry in the US, but then again alot of Americans don't even care about the ongoings of their government unless it involves money.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 PM

It just seems so much more quieter here in the States. But then again, I'm sure whenever William gets around to announcing his engagement to Kate, the American media would go into a frenzy, much like the Diana days.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 PM

Nothing fancy or pomp for Wills' Australia and NZ tour in January

BBC News - Prince William's New Zealand trip to have relaxed tone

Quote:
BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said in both countries the emphasis would be on youth and a more relaxed style

Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince William to begin first major Australian visit | Trak.in News

Palace: William Not Bypassing Dad as King

Quote:
The "it" is a report in the Britain newspaper Mail on Sunday suggesting that twenty-seven year old Prince William is being readied to overtake his father, Prince Charles, as the future torchbearer of Britain's royal family, as king.

The report is being dismissed as "nonsense" by a spokesperson for the royal family.

But, says Mail on Sunday columnist Katie Nicholl, "It's been in my experience in eight years of reporting (on the royals) that the stories often denied are the ones that really have a gravitas of truth about them."
The full article: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5977034.shtml
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
But, says Mail on Sunday columnist Katie Nicholl, "It's been in my experience in eight years of reporting (on the royals) that the stories often denied are the ones that really have a gravitas of truth about them."
Sounds like Katie is just trying to make up for all the wrong stories she's reported recently.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Which stories is she referring too here?
Williams first overseas tour (I think) low key? don't think so.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Majesty

One thing that always bugs me with this story is "Do people really think that William, who obviously loves and admires his father tremendously, is going to simply allow his father to be put aside for no good reason?"
Old 12-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Prince William and Prince Harry attend 'A Night of Heroes', The Sun
Military Awards at the Imperial War Museum, London, Decembr 15,
2009:

** gettyimages ** belga **
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Are their any videos online co vering William's speech last night?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article of Prince William at Millie Awards

Prince William’s praise for hero winners at The Sun Military Awards | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys
Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

'We know your pain', Princes tell families of Britain's war dead | Mail Online

I assume this information is from the Sun Military Awards.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks lumutqueen. What a nice story of the Princes extending good wishes to families of our lost servicemen and women. A very thoughtful gesture.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Prince William current events part 23 commencing 1 January 2010
can be found here



Tags
prince william