The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
All this really seems to be is a plan for how William and Harry's future public duties will be funded. Of course, it seems much more scandalous if it's a ploy to make William some kind of "shadow King" (a term that doesn't actually appear in the document). Nothing in it should come as a surprise.
It doesn't surprise me one bit that several reports are using the term "Shadow King". To me it doesn't suggest that there is some ploy or some thoughts that perhaps Charles will be passed over as King. It just makes sense that both William and Harry (especially William) actively learn what the duties of a monarch entail. Even though the health of HM is robust and hopefully Charles has inherited her longevity and good heath, we do see the possibility that Charles' reign may not be a long one. He IS over 60 and not a young man any longer.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Britain's Prince William completes helicopter training

More info in this article: Britain's Prince William completes helicopter training | France 24
Thanks Dierna23

Here's a full article about it:
Prince William beats Prince Harry in helicopter pilot race - Telegraph

Good for William for completing such a tough course!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wills is flying in

PRINCE William has passed crucial flying exams, leaving him free to make his keynote speech at next week's Millies.

Talented Wills, 27, was last night said to be "relieved, pleased and exhausted" after getting through the tough tests as part of his training to become an RAF search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.
A St James's Palace source said: "It's a pretty tough course with a relatively high drop-out rate - but he came through it reasonably comfortably."
Wills had promised bosses he would only leave his base for the awards if he passed the tests.
The next step in his training involves learning specific rescue techniques.
A spokesman for St James's Palace said: "He is delighted that he can attend the Millies."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2767297/Millies-founder-Prince-Charles-pays-tribute-to-Armed-Forces.html#ixzz0ZYqQR2Lv
Scroll down to see this snippet from The Sun
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

William is hardworking AND dedicated.....Granny must be proud!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
William is hardworking AND dedicated.....Granny must be proud!
I think his father is probably proud as well, but a lot of people seem to forget Charles' influence in the way this young man has turned out.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can understand William taking on more of his grandmothers roles. I hope she doesn't hand over anything that will interrupt his training.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was just watching Sky News here in Australia and they ran a story to say that the Palace had denied these reports.

I also loved the comments attached to the article of people who had read into the article that the Queen was going to pass the throne to William instead of Charles instead of the logical one - Charles is already doing more duties than anyone else (he overtook Anne last year for the first time and I am sure will be up there again this year) but that the Queen and Philip are pulling back due to age and that William will be taking up the slack - logical to me and nothing about overlooking Charles at all even implied in the article.

Interesting that the Palace even felt the need to deny the story.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Thanks Dierna23

Here's a full article about it:
Prince William beats Prince Harry in helicopter pilot race - Telegraph

Good for William for completing such a tough course!!!
Congratulations to William for finishing with "flying colours"!
It sounds like he finished it fairly easily so he must be a "natural" and of course very smart!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Five & BBC news has just reported the same story as the Australian news.
They have denied reports, and Dickie Arbiter said it was natural for many members of the royal family to take over duties from the Queen.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Five & BBC news has just reported the same story as the Australian news.
They have denied reports, and Dickie Arbiter said it was natural for many members of the royal family to take over duties from the Queen.

Exactly - another non-story from the Daily Mail and its anti-Charles writers who haven't got over the fact that their cash cow of Diana is dead.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Drudge has this as his banner...
Old 12-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly - another non-story from the Daily Mail and its anti-Charles writers who haven't got over the fact that their cash cow of Diana is dead.
Very Very Well said iluvbertie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Drudge has this as his banner...
Excuse me?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

I think Zemla is referring to Matthew Drudge of the Drudge Report. Its a website (reports on political and entertainment) that is somewhat well known in the states. Reached its prime (IMO) during the Clinton administration.

The banner on the site is direct link to the Daily Mail article.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Also, the Drudge Report is the same website that exposed Prince Harry's fighting in Afghanistan last year - just to refresh your memories.

I always find it odd that Drudge would put news on the British royals on his site. I remember when Wills and Kate temporarily split in 2007, he listed every headline possible. I doubt most Americans could care about Prince William or Harry, especially since Diana has been dead for 12 years.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Also, the Drudge Report is the same website that exposed Prince Harry's fighting in Afghanistan last year - just to refresh your memories.

I always find it odd that Drudge would put news on the British royals on his site. I remember when Wills and Kate temporarily split in 2007, he listed every headline possible. I doubt most Americans could care about Prince William or Harry, especially since Diana has been dead for 12 years.

Yes the Drudge report was the 2nd place to run the story some 7 or more after Australia's New Idea run the story in its early January edition, but being an Australian tabloid woman's magazine nobody in Britain took any notice of that report but when Drudge run it they pulled Harry from Afghanistan.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

It must be quite humiliating for the Daily Mail to have these "Shadow King" reports denied outright by Buckingham Palace. Hopefully they screen their stories more carefully next time before they hit the streets. The DM does have a very vivid imagination...
Old 12-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Pink brands Britain's Prince William a redneck | ENTERTAINMENT News

Pink has branded Britain's Prince William a redneck.

The So What singer - who is a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) - wrote to the prince about why fox hunting is wrong and was shocked by his response.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She did that a while ago, when she refused to play at the Concert For Diana and I say well done to her.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A new major royal role for Prince William as he starts to assume more duties - hellomagazine.com

Even though it's been denied.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think they denied that Prince William will be taking on more duties over the next couple of years. It was the total fiction that the Daily Mail weaved with that document about a "Shadow King" and Charles being passed over that was denied.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william