The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I can't see that happening ever, especially among his friends. It would be rude and ill mannered. They had a mother, they have a stepmother and they have two grandmothers all with their own form of address. Who could ever confuse their mother and grandmother.

I'm with Zonk on this, just sloppy work.
I am pretty sure he calls his grandmother 'gran' or granny, especially when with friends. If he called her mother/mummy/mum they would think he was bonkers!

Sloppy journalism.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Right. I remember reading that William and Harry refer to the Queen as Granny. I think Harry even mentioned it one time in an interview but I can't remember which one.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
William and Harry join London 2012 Olympic volunteers
(scroll down)

I love the last paragraph.
I think it's great they want to help out and it's also setting a good example because the Olympics can't function without all the thousands of volunteers that are needed. Obviously they haven't determined what the Princes will do and they have time to work it all out, but it will be interesting to see what jobs they take.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't post this in the Australia Thread so I figured I would post it here. I am so excited about William coming to Australia in it's only 2 months away! I can't wait.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a little surprised at my own reaction. I didn't think I'd want to see William, but I might time one of my regular trips to Sydney to coincide with his visit and see if I can snap a few pics of him.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Personally I couldn't care less that he is coming and won't be changing by plans just because he is here.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
I can't post this in the Australia Thread so I figured I would post it here. I am so excited about William coming to Australia in it's only 2 months away! I can't wait.
I scrolled back but missed the details . When, where & why will William be in Australia?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I scrolled back but missed the details . When, where & why will William be in Australia?
William will be in New Zealand and Australia representing the Queen in January 2010. He'll open the Supreme Court in Wellington, New Zealand

On January 19 he'll come to Australia and will spend three days in Melbourne and in Sydney as a beginning to get to know Australia and its people.

“During his visit, Prince William will focus on his core interests of supporting Servicemen and women, helping young people fulfil their potential, and sustainable development in the light of climate change. The Prince will also use the visit to learn more about local Indigenous issues and visit the bushfire-ravaged countryside in Victoria.” Prince William to visit Australia | The Australian
Old 11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani90 View Post
William will be in New Zealand and Australia representing the Queen in January 2010. He'll open the Supreme Court in Wellington, New Zealand

On January 19 he'll come to Australia and will spend three days in Melbourne and in Sydney as a beginning to get to know Australia and its people.

“During his visit, Prince William will focus on his core interests of supporting Servicemen and women, helping young people fulfil their potential, and sustainable development in the light of climate change. The Prince will also use the visit to learn more about local Indigenous issues and visit the bushfire-ravaged countryside in Victoria.” Prince William to visit Australia | The Australian

3 days. Not much of a chance to get to know anything. I don't know why I get the impression he'll be staying a bit longer privately - i.e. the beach...it willl be the height of summer in Australia after all. Maybe he'll stay with the family Harry stayed with in Queensland - they have a house at the Sunshine Coast.

I'm actually surprised he wouldn't stay for Australia Day either.

When does he go back to his day time job?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Commoner

I believe that he is going during his off week from the military. So, yeah he has to go back to flying helicopters and rescuing poor helpless individuals from harm's way.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think William has a say in his itinerary. Other people probably work that out for him.
He is doing this visit during a week off from his RAF training.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William has urged people to back a local newspaper campaign in memory of a disabled former fighter pilot who died last weekend. Former Vulcan pilot Norman Tench was the inspiration behind a new project, launched by the Bucks Herald this week, which aims to help injured service personnel find new freedom through flying.

Journalism jobs and news from Holdthefrontpage.co.uk
Old 11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO P William is doing a great job. I am interested to see him continue on and develop his royal niche. Hopefully he can dedicate his royal time to issues that really interest him on a personal level. Both his mother and father were/are good at doing so.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

Princes William and Harry has been made Honorary Canadian rangers by the Prime Minister of Canada. The Prince of Wales accepted it on their behalf

Honorary ranger Prince William - Monsters and Critics
Old 11-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Majesty

This is the first time that I've heard of the Canadian Rangers. Has anyone else heard of them? They must be in very remote areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani90 View Post
Princes William and Harry has been made Honorary Canadian rangers by the Prime Minister of Canada. The Prince of Wales accepted it on their behalf

Honorary ranger Prince William - Monsters and Critics
Old 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

I first thought it was the riding police officers with the red uniform but it's a part of the Canadian army

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-te.../index-eng.asp

I truly hope they keep their Sandhurst uniforms and not replace them with red sweatshirts and ball caps ;p
Old 11-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This is the first time that I've heard of the Canadian Rangers. Has anyone else heard of them? They must be in very remote areas.
The Canadian Rangers are part-time reservists who provide a military presence in remote, isolated and coastal communities of Canada. Formally established in 1947, Canadian Rangers are responsible for protecting Canada's sovereignty by reporting unusual activities or sightings, collecting local data of significance to the Canadian Forces, and conducting surveillance or sovereignty patrols as required

Canadian Rangers | Army Life | Canadian Army | National Defence and the Canadian Forces

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Thank you for the information, Skydragon. It must be that there just aren't any working in the "remote, coastal" areas I'm aware of. Canada's a big place.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Thank you for the information, Skydragon. It must be that there just aren't any working in the "remote, coastal" areas I'm aware of. Canada's a big place.
You are welcome, there seem to be so many different regiments, all with their own duties, everywhere.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Wills gets the Xmas chop

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william