Prince William Current Events 20: May-January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like the article says, William wants to be treated like everyone else, so he may not be home for Christmas. There are millions of people around the world who have to work then too!

Nice of him to volunteer to work during Christmas, since he didn't have to.

I find the suggestion that by ordering 'no bowing' while in Australia the courtiers think they can claw back the republican support here.

In my opinion it just shows how lacking in understanding about modern Australia those around the monarch and her family actually are.

To me, the republican debate isn't about the queen and her descendents and whether they should be our Head of State but more about the fact that many, if not most, Australians want an Australian Head of State - one of us, someone who lives here and can truly represent us and support us e.g. William has been called in to help England get the World Cup which means he would be actively campaigning against Australia for that same World Cup and that is simply not appropriate in this day and age.

:previous: you are so right

I've been torn in the question for a long time now. What you said is so true, we want one of us. Our head-of-state should be one of us.

I truly think Prince William has his heart in the right place but his reason for coming to Australia was to get to know Australia and it's people. Surely the British court must have press reps that know a comment like that isn't pleasing us Aussies. He's here for three days visiting only Sydney and Melbourne. When & how will he get to know Australia?

I think if the British crown wants to keep Australia under the crown, more than just a "call me Will mate" is nessisary. They need to get to know us, make us feel we're well represented which today I feel we're not to a full 100 percent

I agree with what you said, too, Iluvbertie. It's nothing personal against the Windsors, just that we now want one of our own as our Head of State.

The laid back attitude about bowing and scraping will probably make William popular here, but nothing can make him an Australian.

As for only visiting Sydney and Melbourne, it's a start.

William in London... on the weekend... and no Kate... hmm... interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
William in London... on the weekend... and no Kate... hmm... interesting.
Yeah I thought it was interesting too.

:previous: Some more pics of William in London last Saturday night.
http://www.celebmad.com/users/GossipGirl/photos/Prince-William-leaving-Raffles-London-UK/1_prince_william_0674b.jpg

Thanks cd255 - William looks so much like his Uncle Edward in this pic

Only his hair reminds me of Edward, but I don't think he looks like him in the face. William is more handsome. :)

Very handsome William in this picture

Yeah I thought it was interesting too.

Only his hair reminds me of Edward, but I don't think he looks like him in the face. William is more handsome. :)

At 28 I think Edward was way more handsome than William, who is all right looking but nothing extra special, in my opinion.

At 28 I think Edward was way more handsome than William, who is all right looking but nothing extra special, in my opinion.
I have to agree, there is really nothing that special about William in looks these day imo, he's not exactly unpleasant to look at but I can think of 100's of better looking men.

Here's the latest on Wills. If you scroll down past the Naomi Campbell story, Richard Kay claims William is well on his way to being a RAF pilot.

Cameron knocks 'em for six | Mail Online

I have to agree, there is really nothing that special about William in looks these day imo, he's not exactly unpleasant to look at but I can think of 100's of better looking men.

He used to be very handsome, but that was before he started to go bald. Sad to see him losing his good looks at such a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:
He used to be very handsome, but that was before he started to go bald. Sad to see him losing his good looks at such a young age.

Now we know he's part Mountbatten. None of the males kept their hair for long.

..... unless you are Prince Charles or Andrew!:)

Oh stop making fun of his hair (it's not his fault). William is hot especially in his uniform. :p

Thnx for the link. Does anyone think they'll actually go through with this reform at some point? They've been talking about it for awhile now haven't they?

Also, if William does fall in love with a Catholic girl would she just have to renounce her religion in order for them to marry. I know Autumn did this in order to marry Peter Phillips. What did she have to do exactly, just sign a document, or go before the church and verbally say so? Sorry for all my questions, I'm just curious how it all works. :flowers:

Yes if the Act of Settlement isn't changed she absolutely would have to renounce her Catholic religion and convert to the Church of England. I don't know the procedure she'd have to go through to do this though.

..... unless you are Prince Charles or Andrew!:)

Actually, Prince Charles has had a bald spot on top for a long time. Prince Andrew has kept his hair for an impressively long time considering his family history ;) but I've noticed in recent years that his hair has thinned a lot, too.

I used to think Prince William was very handsome; in fact, I had a bit of a crush on him ten years ago or so when he was starting to be considered a real heartthrob for teenage girls. But I agree that he's not as good-looking anymore.

Yes if the Act of Settlement isn't changed she absolutely would have to renounce her Catholic religion and convert to the Church of England. I don't know the procedure she'd have to go through to do this though.

What my friend had to do was be confirmed into the Church of England. She didn't have to put anything in writing. Her oath at the confirmation was enough to say that she was received into the CofE.

I thought the lady in question would only have to renounce her Catholicism and agree to raise any children under the CofE, but not necessarily become a member of the Church of England.

is Princess Michael still Catholic has Prince Michael become Catholic himsel ? a little ot I Know but seemed like a good time to ask

:previous:

Yes, Princess Michael of Kent still is catholic, Prince Michael is not. Ella & Freddie aren't catholic either, they were raised anglican.

??? I know no Mountbatten who was a baldhead.
Lord Louis, his brother and his father maybe had widow's peaks, but that has nothing to do with what's happening on Charles', Edwards' or Williams heads, JMO. :D

I thought the lady in question would only have to renounce her Catholicism and agree to raise any children under the CofE, but not necessarily become a member of the Church of England.

Renoucising Catholicism (I assume that you mean Roman Catholicism as the Anglican Church regards itself as Catholic but not Roman Catholic e.g. in the Apostles' Creed said in the Anglican Church we say "We believe in one apostolic and catholic church' but don't acknowledge the supremacy of Rome) isn't as easy as being accepted into another demonination as that requires the Roman Catholic church to actually acknowledge that renounciation. That church is loathe to do that.

:previous:
Yes, Princess Michael of Kent still is catholic, Prince Michael is not. Ella & Freddie aren't catholic either, they were raised anglican.

Thats right, Princess Michael is catholic, Prince Michael renounced his rights to the throne, Ella and Freddie were raised Anglican and retain their place in the lines of succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom