The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

They have been running the same old story for at least the last two years, William and Kate will stay at Tam na Ghar, as they tend to do when in Scotland!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Today Show reported that someone tried to break into a house where William and Harry are living together. Unfortunately for the burglar, since the house is owned (according to the reporter) by the Royals there's a super security system, and the burglar was apprehended ASAP. The burglar didn't know that the princes were living there, and they weren't there at the time.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

TWO hapless burglars were arrested when they tried to rob the home of Princes William and Harry - one of Britain's best-protected properties

Prince-robbing pair arrested in seconds by security | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is good they weren't there. So I guess they must have security surveillance whether the princes are on the premises or not which apparently is a good thing. I wonder do the security people stay in the princes house or another property close by?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Prince William is following in his father's footsteps by showing an interest in ecological issues.
The 27-year-old royal - whose father Prince Charles has been vocal about his desire to combat
and improve environmental education

Prince William goes green - Monsters and Critics

Old 09-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Skydragon. I think that's wonderful! And we'll get to see him do an engagement this month.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Apparently, the phones of William and Harry have been hacked into. Article here.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It must be frustrating for the princes not to be able to rely on their devices for personal communications. I wish people would give them space to be able to live their lives as "normally" as they can.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Can't they get those high tech type of phones that can't get hacked into? You know the kind that top government officials use for security purposes. I think given who they are William and Harry shouldn't use regular cell phones. Maybe they could get a 2-for-the-price-of-one deal.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Prince William and girlfriend Kate Middleton shocked cinema-goers by popping in to watch a movie

Film fan Prince William - Monsters and Critics

Prince William is to take another step towards becoming the Prince of Wales by holding a secret reception for his future Duchy of Cornwall subjects.
The private event will be held at Highgrove, his father's Gloucestershire country home, on Monday.

Read more: Prince William is groomed to take over the Duchy of Cornwall with secret reception | Mail Online

-------------------
Becoming the Duke of Cornwall has nothing to do with becoming the Prince of Wales!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

But surely you don't expect the Mail to know that.
You and I know, or at least I suspect (and I may be doing you a disservice by suggesting that you also suspect), what will happen when the Queen dies - William will be getting called Prince of Wales before he is created that and the Duke of Cornwall title will be forgotten.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Majesty

"Secret" sounds so much more exciting than "private", don't you think? And even more exciting than "by invitation only."
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Well it is near the end of August and Kate hasn't yet been to Balmoral...
Never mind, let's look ahead...it shouldn't be long before the tabloids dust off the annual "Kate to meet the Queen at Christmas" speculation. It's never too soon.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Never mind, let's look ahead...it shouldn't be long before the tabloids dust off the annual "Kate to meet the Queen at Christmas" speculation. It's never too soon.

It already has - William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

I am surprised that you didn't pick up on that Warren as you edited my reply to the post about this report

Kate Middleton to be invited for Xmas Day lunch with Queen - mirror.co.uk
Old 09-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well it is near the end of August and Kate hasn't yet been to Balmoral
Fortunately the general public has no sure way of knowing whether Kate has been to Balmoral or not.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
It already has...
Maybe they just do a cut and paste of last year's story to save them having to write the same thing again.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Fortunately the general public has no sure way of knowing whether Kate has been to Balmoral or not.

Quote:
Well it is near the end of August and Kate hasn't yet been to Balmoral so now that they are back from the Caribbean I suppose they must be heading to Balmoral for the 'meeting' with the Queen.

I was surprised that you only quoted part of my sentence as it did change the meaning of the sentence.

The quote you left suggests that I was contradicting the reports that Kate was expected to go to Balmoral whereas the entire sentence makes it clear that there was a possibility that she would be going after the holiday in the Caribbean.

I might also ask why you took a quote from over a week ago - namely 29th August whereas we are now at the end of the first week of September as today is the 7th so my original post had a meaning on the date posted as there were reports that Kate would be at Balmoral during August and as of the 29th she hadn't been but that there was still time.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I might also ask why you took a quote from over a week ago - namely 29th August whereas we are now at the end of the first week of September as today is the 7th so my original post had a meaning on the date posted as there were reports that Kate would be at Balmoral during August and as of the 29th she hadn't been but that there was still time
I 'took' your sentence from Warrens post (207) made earlier today!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I 'took' your sentence from Warrens post (207) made earlier today!
Warren's post though made it clear that he had taken part of a post through the use of the dots at the end. Yours didn't.

He made a comment that took my original comment to the next alleged meeting that Kate could have whereas you only commented on a post from over a week ago without taking it forward, which is why I queried the fact that you took part of a quote and then commented only on the past without taking the discussion to the next point.

Sorry but I find it disconcerting when a post I made over a week ago is then used out of context and without any indication that only part of the post is being used.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Warren's post though made it clear that he had taken part of a post through the use of the dots at the end. Yours didn't.
If you say so!
Quote:
He made a comment that took my original comment to the next alleged meeting that Kate could have whereas you only commented on a post from over a week ago without taking it forward, which is why I queried the fact that you took part of a quote and then commented only on the past without taking the discussion to the next point.
I don't know where you expected me to 'take it'. I have answered you as to how I quoted your old post, so I really can't see what your problem is.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william