Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKPrinceWilliamofWales-1.gif

Arms of HRH Prince William of Wales

Welcome to the Prince William current events thread part 24

commencing 12 January 2011

Part 23 covering the period January 2010 to December January 2011, can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-23-january-2010-january-2011-a-26543-33.html.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William's courage comes to the forefront time and time again through his role as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot.

And it has recently come to light that the 28-year-old has lobbied Prime Minister David Cameron over controversial plans to privatise the service.
Prince William's courage comes to the forefront time and time again through his role as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot.

And it has recently come to light that the 28-year-old has lobbied Prime Minister David Cameron over controversial plans to privatise the service.

Prince William lobbied PM to save search-and-rescue | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Pressrelease from the official website of the Prince of Wales:

Prince William appointed Colonel of the Irish Guards

10th February 2011
Her Majesty The Queen has been pleased to give her formal approval to the appointment of Prince William as Colonel of the Irish Guards.

Prince William will take over the appointment from Major General Sir Sebastian Roberts, KCVO OBE.

The regiment was formed in 1900 by order of Queen Victoria. Based in Victoria Barracks, Windsor, but currently deployed to Afghanistan, the Battalion is made up of five companies and a variety of supporting elements.

This is Prince William’s first honorary appointment in the Army, and he will be the Irish Guards’ first Royal Colonel. The Queen is Colonel-in-Chief.

The Prince is also a fully operational Search and Rescue Pilot in the RAF, having graduated on 17th September 2010.

Further information:
Find out more about Prince William’s military career

The Prince of Wales - Prince William appointed Colonel of the Irish Guards

Now, he can wear that scarlet jacket at his wedding.

Now, he can wear that scarlet jacket at his wedding.

Just like Captain Mark Phillips did when he married Princess Anne. That scarlet jacket makes that I think he was the least attractive groom out of all of them.
I just don't find scarlet fitting for a groom on his wedding day, it doesn't fit with my mindset. Purely my opinion of course.

I'd much rather have William wear his RAF attire.

I'm surprised this is his first Colonel appt, as I thought that had happened already. Too, I could be confusing his being created Commodore of Scotland w/this as well.

Regardless, I can't wait for the first pictures of the new Colonel in his newest uniform. :)

edited to add...Already fixed the new rank, so please don't nail me for that one. I really hope he'll be in his Blues and Greys Uniform for the Wedding, but know it's pretty much a for sure thing he'll be in his RAF one.

Last edited:
im sure he will at some point

:previous:Look for him to be in his Irish Guards colonel full dress tunic as well as on horseback and not in a carriage, during Trooping of the Colour this coming June...

:previous: Good to see. I think it will be very interesting to see the response from the people in the affected areas.

Last edited:
Very good on William's part. He was pretty well received last time so I think/hope he will again this time and the people will appreciate him coming down and showing his support. I think he prob would have come down sooner but I imagine it may take some time to organize these things with his work and upcoming wedding to work around.

Wonderful news. I imagine William will be the new pawn used for visits, especially to Australia. And I for one am glad of it.

I was chuffed to bits when I heard William wld be coming down to Christchurch and am even more pleased to see him going to Oz as well. I wld have liked to see Kate along but I feel that wld have been a distraction from these sombre events.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William to visit Australia and New Zealand - Thursday 17th to Monday 21st March 2011

Prince William is to pay a visit to New Zealand and to Australia on behalf of The Queen following the natural disasters in both countries. Prince William will visit following invitations extended by the Prime Minister of New Zealand and the Prime Minister of Australia.

Perhaps if Harry is not, busy he could go as well . He always seems to do so well when comforting people in difficult circumstances.

I will be in Brisbane/Queensland when he visits, which will be fun!

Well well well someone's getting his act together.

:previous: Good to see. I think it will be very interesting to see the response from the people in the affected areas.

I hope they'll receive him well and not cry for Catherine already....
But even that for him would be a welcome reaction as it would give him the chance to understand his father's feelings better. And somehow I think William would take it as a compliment to his choice of bride.

I really like it how they present the groom who has led so far a quiet Royal life as he is before the wedding: as a warm and caring personality who in his choice of profession showed that he personally does want to make a difference and is as well willing to present himself as the symbol of the care and comforting of his grandmother and the countries she represents.

If only he could wear the dresses, shoes, accessories, hair-dos, tiaras etc..:D

BBC News - Prince William to visit Australia and NZ disaster zones

Prince William to visit Australia and NZ disaster zones

Prince William will meet members of the emergency services who dealt with the disasters
Prince William will visit New Zealand and Australia next week to tour areas devastated by recent natural disasters, St James's Palace has said.
The prince will travel to Christchurch, New Zealand, where more than 160 people died in an earthquake last month

A few of my friends were apart of the emergancy teams when Brissy flooded so they will possibly meet Prince William

I am very pleased to hear that William is coming to Brisbane. I hope I will be able to go and see him!

I am very pleased to hear that William is coming to Brisbane. I hope I will be able to go and see him!

I too think it si a good idea for William to visit Aus and NZ. That said, I would have prefererd if Charles and Camilla could have made the trip. They really cannot put it off forever.

I too think it si a good idea for William to visit Aus and NZ. That said, I would have prefererd if Charles and Camilla could have made the trip. They really cannot put it off forever.

As much as I am glad William is making the trip, I agree with you muriel that Charles, and Camilla, really need to step up to the plate here and drag their seemingly hesitant behinds south of the equator.

Here was an opportunity which would have served as a truly meaningful undertaking, and yet they have evidently let it slide for watever reason I'm sure they could conjure up in deffense.

The man hasn't visited since early 2005 and I think as time moves on that the most plausible reason as to why he hasn't returned is because he is quite unsure (I'm certain) as to the reception his wife shall recieve. Sending his sympathies and attending an Australia Day function at Australia House is all very well, but in that lies the advantage of actually not having to step foot of home soil.

Suck it up, take themselves out of their comfort zone and give people the opportunity to get a first hand impression of the Duchess.

If he can tour through Europe, the US, the Caribbean, South America and the Asia Minor then he should very well express an interest in again visiting a continent he currently stands to 'inherit'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom