Prince William Current Events 19: May 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reliable source you can attribute this comment to?
I'm not sure what part of 'It would appear' you are unable to understand, but I will try to make it simple - Two possible scenarios -

1. William went up to the rest of the crew and said 'look old chaps', Ive got a wedding and a stag do to get too, so I thought I could involve you in a little deception and use the Chinook as a taxi service, leaving you to carry the can and be called wimps by members of THE Royal Forum. With a bit of luck you will be in Iraq or Afghanistan before the proverbial hits the fan.
or
2. The Group Captain told me to prepare flight plans for a couple of extra trips, one to London to pick Prince Harry up and then fly on to the Isle of Wight for a stag do

The further information, that refuted the original incorrect version that it was an ordinary scheduled exercise was released under the FOI act and was posted by various UK members on here and of course on egoat.

Perhaps you have a reliable source to whom you can attribute a denial of scenario 1?

Skydragon, I know this is apparently a touchy subject with you but I was talking about the supervisors who were on the helicopter with him - not the commanders who were not present in the actual situation. If a supervisor just drops some minor lieutenant off somewhere when this is apparently in breach of RAF rules (future King or not) and doesn't even ask any questions, he's a wimp apparently incapable to carry out his job. Nowhere did it say William outright lied and told someone he had permission when he didn't or that he made up some legitimate reason to go to the places he was taken to, the articles say he didn't tell anyone what he intended to do at the destination he flew to - and noone dared ask. What is a RAF supervisor who doesn't dare ask a lieutenant a simple question? To me he is a wimp! I am sorry but that the guys can die in Afghanistan any day doesn't change the fact that they didn't do their job properly in this case and acted cowardly (that doesn't change anything about William's mistake either or is meant to take responsibility away from him).

The fact of the matter is simple - if this was anybody else at all and the papers exposed this behaviour then tey would be discharged within seconds but then William is special isnt he. The militay wanted him and harry to be thier poster boys for joining up and thats backfired on them.
I truly feel william should be given some punishment - paying the money back or to a forces charity would be a good start.
The real issue here is not that he went on these trips - that was discussed to death when they occured but that William, our future king, allowed others to take the wrap for him - "William accepts his share of responsibility for what happened."" was what Clarence house said suggesting that Willaim was not wholly to blame when in fact he was the only one who knew all the facts at the time. it shows a lack of judgement and a huge degree of dishonesty on his part.

It sounds as though William, like many a naughty little boy caught out, is ready to let someone else get the blame. The problem is, he is not a naughtly little boy, he is supposed to be an adult, an officer and a gentleman as well as the future King.

Skydragon, I know this is apparently a touchy subject with you but I was talking about the supervisors who were on the helicopter with him - not the commanders who were not present in the actual situation.
So was I, If a pilot walks over and tells the flight crew that X told him to file a flight plan, then very few of them would even think to question such an apparent order. It must have been very difficult, do you question whether William has permission and if he does, that is your career down the drain or trust that someone who is perhaps going to be a future King has fulfilled all the requirements and would never on his honour break your trust.
If a supervisor just drops some minor lieutenant off somewhere when this is apparently in breach of RAF rules (future King or not) and doesn't even ask any questions, he's a wimp apparently incapable to carry out his job.
William was not at kindergarten where they may have supervisors, he is supposed to act with honour and not abuse his social position. These were work colleagues, some more senior than him, to call serving officers who may have returned from a war zone wimps, is best only coming from someone who has served alongside them or at least been to a war zone or served in the Royal Air Force.
Nowhere did it say William outright lied and told someone he had permission when he didn't or that he made up some legitimate reason to go to the places he was taken to, the articles say he didn't tell anyone what he intended to do at the destination he flew to
Lying by deliberate ommision is still a lie and far from honourable
and noone dared ask. What is a RAF supervisor who doesn't dare ask a lieutenant a simple question? To me he is a wimp! I am sorry but that the guys can die in Afghanistan any day doesn't change the fact that they didn't do their job properly in this case and acted cowardly (that doesn't change anything about William's mistake either or is meant to take responsibility away from him).
William was not a simple Flying Officer and HE should have known better. Lying by ommision is still lying. Calling someone a coward, is a very serious accusation in the forces and to use it to defend the indefensible actions of an officer, who has let the side down, is IMO a disgrace!

More than a disgrace, unforgiveable.

William was not at kindergarten where they may have supervisors, he is supposed to act with honour and not abuse his social position. These were work colleagues, some more senior than him, to call serving officers who may have returned from a war zone wimps, is best only coming from someone who has served alongside them or at least been to a war zone or served in the Royal Air Force.
Personally I still think they should have checked, ya he shouldn't have done what he did, I've said that a million times that it was wrong I admit he was wrong to do that but I still feel they should have looked into it, I don't know much about they're job but I feel that if I were in their position I would have checked up on everyone including William. As for lying, Isana has a point it doesn't say William went up to them and said oh I'm taking the plane for some practice runs, so he didn't lie in that sense. I'm not sure if I really understand this but was it William didn't tell them what he was doing with the chinook or did they just not check up on what he was doing with it or was it a little of both.I also want to add that no matter how much we sit here and rip William to shreds, what's done is done, now lets hope he learned his lesson and it won't happen again cause lets face it we obviously can't change anything now.

Oooops, pics of Prince William peeing have hit the internet, but I think they are being pulled down as soon as they are put up. I would post a link, but I don't know if it is appropriate (plus it probably won't take long for the pics to be pulled down anyway). Prince William is at a polo match I think in the pictures. Poor guy! Hopefully, not many people saw them.

If it was at a polo match I'm guessing there would have been somewhere for him to pee.

Men seem to think they can get away with it and that no-one will know what they're doing, whereas in fact they adopt a very distinctive stance and it's quite obvious what they're up to. :lol:

Silly boy!

Good Grief! :ohmy: I know we have all been slavering for a peek at the Royal Jewels, but really. . . . someone really should have told Wills it was "gems" we were going on about. :nonono:

Is the man stupid? Perhaps he was feeling a little unwell or maybe he just killed one brain cell too many at Bijoux. :doh:

Watever the reason, he is certainly not acting like the sharpest knife in the drawer! :whistling:

This is not a good look, and needless to say, the press are in a feeding frenzy :hornets:. Wee Willy Winky from now on I think? :D

At least Harry had the sense to use a horsebox with his back to any prying camera's (which there were, of course), thus leaving the err . . umm . . . 'details' to one's imagination. :winkiss:

Personally, I believe to only good to have come out of this was the knowledge the fence was not an electic one. :ROFLMAO:

^yes indeed. I am fairly certain most posters here would have expected that kind of carelessness from Harry and not William. Just another illustration of how William supposed intelligence and maturity are overrated to me. He makes as much bad decisions as his brother (Chinook, anyone?) but somehow still is labelled the clever and responsible one.
However, the pictures are extremely intrusive and if it's published in the UK, I certaily hope he'll sue.

I find the helicopter thing upsetting mainly because he let others take the rap for him. What if these people could have lost their jobs. I think that's worse than taking the helicopter to begin with.

It's funny people complained about Charles, but has Charles ever done anything that selfish, (letting others take the rap.)

Oooops, pics of Prince William peeing have hit the internet, but I think they are being pulled down as soon as they are put up. I would post a link, but I don't know if it is appropriate (plus it probably won't take long for the pics to be pulled down anyway). Prince William is at a polo match I think in the pictures. Poor guy! Hopefully, not many people saw them.

I think we can do without it; thanks for checking first, though!:flowers:

Well he did admit that he was wrong with the helicopter thing, I think he didn't say anything right away cause I think the MOD figured they may be able to get the topic to cool down without having to result in alot of explaining. As for peeing come on he's done worse, yep it's kinda disturbing but owell, I highly doubt he goes around thinking hmm why don't I pee here, I'm sure there was a reason why he went in that particular place, although I'm not sure what.

From that article:
"Wills’ bodyguards barred him from getting out of his car to help because of strict anti-kidnap rules."

I wonder how his job with SAR will work then. Over here Bundeswehr-pilots on SAR-service are considered active helpers, they go out with their medical crew and help if help is needed. To bar the pilot from doing so means to weaken the whole team in an case of emergency - how will they handle that with William?

I've taken out some posts. We aren't a celebrity gossip site so can we ditch the Paris Hilton links please.

thanks
Warren
British Forum moderator

Last edited:
PS: The peeing pics were taken during the bike track in Africa - not at a polo match.

Now that makes much more sense. I bet William (understandably) did not expect anyone to actually publish a pic of him doing that. Most people would assume no one wants to see that. That's just one of those things people don't want to see others doing, no matter who the others are. It's private, nasty, and we have to do it ourselves, but we do not want to see others doing it, because that's just disgusting. Even William probably expected that to be one thing he could do that others would not wish to see or talk about. It's sad that he was wrong. It says a lot about people's sense (or rather lack of sense) of boundaries. Very bad taste.

it could have been much worse, William could have aimed at the pavillon of a foreign country instead of a simple fence.

honstely, i wonder whether the iq of our future king is acutally above zero.

Haha! William's incident reminded me of the other one with his distant cousin. Great minds think alike.:lol:

it could have been much worse, William could have aimed at the pavillon of a foreign country instead of a simple fence.

honstely, i wonder whether the iq of our future king is acutally above zero.

Well, now I think I've seen it all - a fight to the death over a photo of William urinating. :bang:

I've removed the fight and various other extraneous comments. This might be a good time to move on.

Last edited:
Blast! I really must get up earlier. Once again all the good stuff has occurred while I've been asleep, and been removed before I've seen it. :ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering about this search and rescue work that William is training for. Can't that be rather dangerous work, rescuing people who have gone overboard in high seas? I think there's a lot of bad-weather flying involved. Is it supposed to be a serious job for him while he's doing it, like Prince Andrew's stint, or just something to keep him occupied and away from ribbon-cutting for another seven years? I can't help thinking that he will be protected from anything remotely dangerous.

Roslyn you didn´t miss much, it was all about Prince William in the desert and it seems he couldn´t "waity".

If he couldn't work that out for himself, we are all in great trouble.

Well, you are all in great trouble. :D The more I see of William, the more inclined I am to vote for a republic.
Devout monarchist though I am I do not want this character as my head of state..... HARRY FOR KING HARRY FOR KING.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not even as if what he did was all that bad, I doubt there was a bathroom near to where he was that's why, I don't think that has anything to do as whether he'll be a good king...

It's not even as if what he did was all that bad, I doubt there was a bathroom near to where he was that's why, I don't think that has anything to do as whether he'll be a good king...

It's not this incident that has me questioning Wiliam's suitability to be king.

IMO the person with the problem is the one who took the photo. That was rather poor form, I think.

Some people in the 40s/50s thought William's grandmother was too young, innocent, and sheltered, and lacking a "superior" education to be Monarch, but the decades have proved that she has performed to the best of her ability, and now she is one of the most admired monarchs of the last century.
Her Majesty has shown that we cannot base someone's worth or value as a monarch (indeed, as a person) on abilities alone. I quote JK Rowling, who put the words in Dumbledore's mouth: "It's not our abilities that shows us who we truly are. It's our choices."
Intelligence is, after all, just an ability. There is no way that William lacks intelligence, as some here insist. But whether or not he lacks it, what is that to anyone except himself? Only he can do something about cultivating and stimulating his mind, if necessary.
And as for the idea that it was a "stupid choice" to pee outdoors, well, that's just ridiculous for us to say. We all do "stupid" things everyday! And his going to pee outdoors during an African bike tour was a matter of necessity!!!! What if someone looked at every "stupid" thing you do in your life and said you are unintelligent and you have an IQ of zero because of it?
That's not very fair, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom