The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for him he looks nice. Despite everything that happened last month I still say this is a great acheivement.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
Sub Lt seems pretty hight, has he advanced in rank again? It seems like he has risen pretty quickly
I believe it's the equivalent rank to the one he holds in the army. He's a junior officer.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Commoner

from hellomagazine
Prince William joins the Royal Navy

pic
Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Royal Highness

the boy sure looks good in a uniform.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

PRINCE WILLIAM BEGINS HIS TRAINING IN NAVY

GUILLERMO DE INGLATERRA COMIENZA SU ADIESTRAMIENTO EN LA MARINA
Old 06-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

its so good for him. He is accomplishing so many things things. He is really setting himself up to be a good King.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Prince William will spend his summer in the Caribbean tackling drug smugglers.

Prince William Will Tackle Caribbean Drug Smugglers With HMS Iron Duke During Royal Navy Attachment |Sky News|UK News

The Prince will fly some of the Navy's helicopters, but officials insist he will only fly on training missions
From that article:

"He will spend time with other sections of the Navy including Fleet Air Arm, The Royal Marines and Submarine Service. It will include a period on board one of the UK's nuclear submarines."

Okay, there was this joke about the submarine taking up to Chelsea Pier for a short visit to one of the lounge bars at the Thames. But honestly, IMHO he (and all others aboard a submarine) would be right on asking for that ebcause submarines must be the worst kind of ships to serve on. I wonder if he could have said "no" to that part of his training? After all, he did not decided entirely on his own what to do in the future...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some really enjoy working on submarines, so I am told. I have never been on one, nor would I want to! Let us hope he is not seen flying about on 'training flights' that take in the local bars or any stag nights!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

You mean we won't be informed about "Apocalypse Now"-style flights in helicopters with open doors over secluded tropical beaches surrounded by rain forests, followed by enormously informative landing manoevers in front of beach bars?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince William trains with the Royal Navy at Britannia Royal Naval college June 3, 2008 in Dartmouth, England.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
BelgaPicture - Category details
William looks so nice and happy and he looks great with this uniform!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Prince William takes to the water in naval attachment - Yahoo! News
Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

goodness if Kate thought William looked good in his army and airforce uniform then she must love this

Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM

Well most couples enjoy dressing up games.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Nobility

I haven't read much about William joining the Navy. It's a bit surprising but I just want to note that I think his recent decision to serve in the Navy is deserving of applaud. He really is sacrificing allot of his time for the servitude to his fellow man and country. I hope it will be good and an experience full of lessons to make him a greater person. I hope he is blessed in all he does and can bring us back a wealth of experience. I saw him in uniform and it inspires me. I hope he has a good time as a sailor. Maybe his country will be proud of him for his faith service. Enjoy Prince William you're a hero.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately this latest 'episode' is being seen in some quarters as just an excuse for more photo opportunities, to try to sell the UK public a goody two shoes prince.

I have to say the thought had crossed my mind, as I fail to see how a couple of months in any discipline can give him much of an idea of how the separate services really work!
----------------------------
Generations of his family have served in the Royal Navy with distinction, so Prince William was no doubt anxious to impress on his big day.

Unfortunately, Sub-Lieutenant Wales found his first forays on the water anything but plain sailing.

Royal Navy rite of passage that left Prince William all at sea | Mail Online
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Forbes.com has put there list out of the Top 20 young Royals and Prince William, Prince Harry, Zara Philips, and Princess Beatrice are on the list.

The 20 Hottest Young Royals - Forbes.com

For American viewers E! will be showing a program on the Forbes list on Friday June 6, 2008 at 9 p.m. pacific time.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not directing this at anyone here specifically but in general I feel like lately no matter what Prince William does he's criticized I mean give him a break, I don't know about everyone else but I wouldn't judge him based on what happened with his training, but maybe that's just me.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I'll happily keep paying but I'd rather my share went on a new hat for Camilla than a fancy dress costume for William. And least Camilla's would be practical.
I have no objection to paying either but it is time the PR teams started to realise that some have the brains to know when they are hearing an economic version of events.
----------------------
What was it about yesterday's pictures of Sub-Lieutenant Wales, larking about aboard the training ship HMS Hindostan at the start of his naval attachment, that made him seem so out of place?

Was it the fact that, with his face creased with laughter and one arm placed casually on his hip, the event was so transparently a cynically staged Palace PR exercise

It may not be your fault, Wills, but these cynical PR stunts are a betrayal of our fighting forces | Mail Online
Old 06-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Nobility

I was about to post that link skydragon lol. i have to say i dont often agree with Amanda Platell but in this i do. I do think prehaps she is overly critical but the basis of what she says is true in my opinion. i wish William and his PR team would abondon the whole "look he is just a normal a service man really" stunt and just do what the royals do best - good charity work.
I agree with some of the comments that have been made - how stupid do William's PR team think we are - i jsut feel that they are running a PR campaign that would be better suited to a political campaign, royals should be above such, well tacky, PR stunts. This is just my opinion though.

Tags
prince william